Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Failsafe kicks in why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Failsafe kicks in why?

I have a nitro on road 4 tech. I know its not a race car just a basher.

I am using a nomadio react radio..

I am using the 4AA reachargeable duracell batteries in the car.

I accelerate and the car works fine within a range of 10 metres. after that the fail safe kicks in and i loose control. then i get walk over to the car again within a few metres i regain control.

Is this a radio issue or a battery issue?

I was thinking of buying the hump pack in an attempt to fix this.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:20 AM
kmh
Tech Addict

Default radio

Sounds like a radio issue, but it could be either or both. You are on the right track. Before you invest in a pack, I would start with using 4 regular(fresh) alkaline batteries. I would also check the battery in the transmitter. Check the antennas also. Hope this helps. Ken
Old 05-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

It sounds like a radio issue also. Your receiver pack sounds like it's bearly producing power. For your 4 Tec, get a 5 cell hump pack. It will fit nicely in the area for your 4 cell receiver pack. It sounds like your rechargable batteries are not putting out enough juice for the Tx to keep a contact. A receiver pack (1200-1800) will solve this problem at a relativly cheap price. The other plus for running a pack is that you will be running at 6 volts vs. 4.5 with a standard AA pack. More power, better run time, quicker response with your servos.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

The nomadio antenna on the receiver is coaxial. And will not tolerate any sharp bends or kinks, it must remain at its original lenght and stand vertical. From expierence with my sensor the antenna is very fragile. I bet you have comprimeized your receiver antenna.

Last edited by wizby; 05-13-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Personally, I believe it's the receiver pack. The radio system needs 6 volts to work. 4 alkaline batteries will do that (1.5 volts per cell). If you run 4 rechargeable cells, they are only 1.2 volts per cell so you only get 4.8 volts and the fail safe detects the low voltage. I would suggest trying 4 alkaline batts or go to a 5 cell rechargeable receiver pack.
I had that same problem with my first nitro car.