Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
think nitro....THINK XRAY >

think nitro....THINK XRAY

think nitro....THINK XRAY

Old 12-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

A Hudy made engine, wouldn't that be coooooooool??
Old 12-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr McNealy,
welcome
Old 12-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stefan
A Hudy made engine, wouldn't that be coooooooool??
that will be interesting. you will have a few version of conrod, piston, sleeve. how about some special version of wrist pin and clips?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default It's going to be a truck.

Just can not see them making the same products they all ready produce for Serpent to compete with Serpent. Big truck is my guess. Can you say Xray Maxx.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I say if Serpent is that worried that they make an effort to post on this forum...esp with a 710 just being introed,there's something going on........

Serpent denied a new car being introed right up till,including,and after the las vegas show....

Let me ask you a question..........Xray is in in the touring car business......I really doubt they are gonna intro an 1/8th scale buggy,OR a gas truck....there is nothing else out there they could do...
Old 12-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: It's going to be a truck.

Originally posted by YBSLOW
Just can not see them making the same products they all ready produce for Serpent to compete with Serpent. Big truck is my guess. Can you say Xray Maxx.
I was just going to post the same thing. Seems to be money to be made in monster trucks nowadays...
Old 12-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can see it now........X ray intro's a shaft drive touring car...

SEE,says Mario,we're not competing with Serpent...We have a shaft drive car ...

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.....

Last edited by fastharry™; 12-17-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

I find the fact that Hudy/Xray has a new distributor in the US very very interesting.

I can't see Xray jumping into another segment. Mario Hudy's rc history/background is all about on-road. Everything they do right now is TC based. Nitro TC seems like a natural evolution for them.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/other/about_us.php Read that page and you tell me if you think Hudy is going to produce something other than an on-road nitro car.

I for one truly hope its a TC. All I know is that this thread sure got some people's attention - via the first post/quick response from DougM.

No offense intended Doug, but unless Hudy denies it I will have to wait and see for myself.

Or should we attempt to read between the lines on DougM's post "This is an official notice from Serpent USA. We do not know specifically what the "Think Nitro Think Xray" teaser will be, but we have been informed by the Hudy's that it will not be a fuel TC or 1/8 fuel on road car kit."

DougM didn't say anything about a 1/10th scale 235mm on-road car in the Impact class. Serpent hasn't updated that model lately. My only doubt there is that the 235mm is class is dying somewhat. TC is where the action is.

Last edited by treky11; 12-17-2003 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: It's going to be a truck.

Originally posted by YBSLOW
Nobody gives a damn about trucks in Europe (thank god).

They use pick ups for what they are made, hauling stuff at work....

My guess would be a top notch 8th scale buggy. Very popular everywhere and no competition for Serpent.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

I doubt its Monster truck,not there style.But 1/8 buggy i can see. Name all the competition buggies on the market: Mugen,Kyosho-I know Ofna,Crono, and GS have buggies but guarantee that Mugen and Kyosho sell more cars except maybe Ofna. Hudy can take market share away from all of them just because of there name. Making a nitro tc would put them into the mix of all the nitro tc,less market share to own, less money. Right now 1/8scale buggies are very popular all over. Just follow the money and thats what they are making.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by Manticore
that will be interesting. you will have a few version of conrod, piston, sleeve. how about some special version of wrist pin and clips?
Could not agree more... maybe even some variety of hardening color

Best quality... yes, totally agree
Best Craftmanship... yes, totally agree
No design philosopy... also yes, totally agree

I would love to built and drive whatever Xray cars but when thinking of other nice craps they offered, I better wait until they are mature... Sure...sure you dont have to buy those craps.. but it makes you thinking to try and see ins't it?

I tought FOC stands for Free of Charge for those extra parts
Old 12-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Guys......
I have a change to talk to Juray Hudy few weeks ago in Bangkok during the Reedy Race of Asia.
I also asked him whether it is possible for Xray to produce the TC nitro.....and he said why not.........
I think it must be TC Nitro....

Old 12-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Well, unfortunately it ain't a touring car. Xray/Hudy says so himself on his site.

"Project 2004....Nitro Spring 2004....Hint its not a touring car"

Well, I'll go with the engine idea or 1/8 buggy then. Who knows, he sure has surprised me..

But I still can't wait to see what it is.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

And I was actaully going to sell my mugens and jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 12-20-2003 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

It isnt going to be a touring car it says it at the end on the bottom left hand coner it said HINT it wont be a touring car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.