Wiki Posts
Search

think nitro....THINK XRAY

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Manticore
no body likes him who is corrupted with stupidity
I'll quote Motorman on this one..........

"THAT CUT'S RIGHT TO THE BONE BRO!!"

Old 12-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Suspended

Default what is on the cover of the

new rc car action?"choco
Old 12-16-2003, 09:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

but they will equally suck up your money with endless revisions and updates !
Never said they wouldnt

I just cant see a car coming out of XRay that will be in competition with the Serpent.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

speaking of Hudy/Xray, does anyone know what size hudy metric phillips driver is equivalent to #1 and #2 phillips driver? i want to get a whole set of hudy tools and dont know what size phillips heads i would use.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: think nitro....THINK XRAY

Originally posted by treky11
That's right, XRAY WILL HAVE A NITRO CAR. (could be a truck or buggy - but my guess is for a TC)

Anyone who has ever built an XRay car knows nothing else comes even remotely close in quality and fit & finish.

I won't be buying another nitro car until they announce their offering in Spring 04.

And for anyone that thinks this is just a rumor. See the new February 04 issue of RC Car Action. The Xray add is in there!

Interesting..........
Old 12-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Can't imagine mytsn showing both the 710 and Xray nitro? Doesnt make sense for two companies to have the same type car on one web page. Guess we can just wait and see. I personally hope they come out with a shaft TC, be nice to have Xray quality and a shaft drive.I hate belt drive electrics.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:05 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: think nitro....THINK XRAY

Originally posted by redsand
You may never own anything if you keep yourself waiting.
Its no car season for most right now anyways, so a lil waiting ain't hurtin me!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by FAST1
I'll quote Motorman on this one..........

"THAT CUT'S RIGHT TO THE BONE BRO!!"

Old 12-17-2003, 01:11 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

no body likes him who is corrupted with stupidity
I'm stupid...I'll buy it!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 01:13 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by FAST1
I'll have to agree with this statement. Serpent is HUDY/X-Ray big brother Company.

I heard the rumor about a new X-Ray (electric car) being released............. Shaft driven On-road TC. Maybe that’s what the Ad is referring to.
Serpent and Xray are very different companies. So is Xray and Hudy as I had it pointed out to me by Mario in the early days......

Old 12-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Its on the bottom of pages 220-221 in the Feb 2004 issue. There is some monster truck on the cover (i think), don't remember who's it was though. Who cares, the real news is on pgs 220-221 at the bottom of the pages.

It reads what I named this thread

"THINK NITRO... THINK XRAY" Spring 2004.

I can't wait!!! Nothing like building the perfectly designed and produced cars that HUDY makes. His cars have qualitly like no other and go together like snap together models. Gotta love them.

I think Hudy can not only compete, he will win.

Horizon Hobby now carries Xray, maybe he found a new distributor already.

Besides Serpent needs him more than he needs them. He could easily find a new distributor or sell direct. He makes tons of parts for Serpent and without those top quality parts Serpent would take a hit.

HUDY HUDY HUDY HUDY HUDY HUDY.

and there's plenty of room on this bandwagon for Fastharry. And when Xray's car comes out you will see many others from the other brands jumping on too!

Last edited by treky11; 12-17-2003 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by treky11
Its on the bottom of pages 220-221 in the Feb 2004 issue. There is some monster truck on the cover (i think), don't remember who's it was though. Who cares, the real news is on pgs 220-221 at the bottom of the pages.

It reads what I named this thread

"THINK NITRO... THINK XRAY" Spring 2004.

I can't wait!!! Nothing like building the perfectly designed and produced cars that HUDY makes. His cars have qualitly like no other and go together like snap together models. Gotta love them.

I think Hudy can not only compete, he will win.

Horizon Hobby now carries Xray, maybe he found a new distributor already.

Besides Serpent needs him more than he needs them. He could easily find a new distributor or sell direct. He makes tons of parts for Serpent and without those top quality parts Serpent would take a hit.

HUDY HUDY HUDY HUDY HUDY HUDY.

and there's plenty of room on this bandwagon for Fastharry. And when Xray's car comes out you will see many others from the other brands jumping on too!
No matter what I do know that I will not jump brand as I love my Mugen too much, still so much to discover about the car ... but then a second car will be in oder for sure!
Old 12-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by dtm
Serpent and Xray are very different companies. So is Xray and Hudy as I had it pointed out to me by Mario in the early days......

That might be true, but they are distributed together in most countries, and it is clear that they cooperating (mytsn, set-up board instructions etc.) rather than competing. I would find it very surprising if xray related a tourer to compete with the 710. I believe then I see it...
Old 12-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by johan
That might be true, but they are distributed together in most countries, and it is clear that they cooperating (mytsn, set-up board instructions etc.) rather than competing. I would find it very surprising if xray related a tourer to compete with the 710. I believe then I see it...
These were my initial thoughts even a couple months ago when some said the new car from XRAY was going to be a nitro tourer.Where are the snake guys on this board who might have answers?

Julius,Salven,Rene ?????
Old 12-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

think nitro....THINK XRAY
That's right, XRAY WILL HAVE A NITRO CAR. (could be a truck or buggy - but my guess is for a TC)

Anyone who has ever built an XRay car knows nothing else comes even remotely close in quality and fit & finish.

I won't be buying another nitro car until they announce their offering in Spring 04.

So for all you 710 and R40 buyers that can wait, Wait or you may regret it.

Hudy has a passion for the sport like no other, his quality is flawless. I've been hoping he would release a nitro vehicle for a long time but figured due to his relationship with Serpent that he wouldn't. Glad to hear he is proving me wrong.

And for anyone that thinks this is just a rumor. See the new February 04 issue of RC Car Action. The Xray add is in there!
This is an official notice from Serpent USA. We do not know specifically what the "Think Nitro Think Xray" teaser will be, but we have been informed by the Hudy's that it will not be a fuel TC or 1/8 fuel on road car kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.