Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RICH OR LEAN???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Post RICH OR LEAN???

I finished running in my new Great Vigor V2 series WRX a few weeks ago and my car runs well but its too rich. Too much fuel is being wasted and i wanted to know if making my car more lean would save fuel. Would the motor overheat? sorry im new to RC nitro cars and any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

if you lean it to much it will over heat
Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Just make sure to monitor your temperatures, ~110-120 degrees celsium should be pretty safe for any motor.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by KillEmAll
I finished running in my new Great Vigor V2 series WRX a few weeks ago and my car runs well but its too rich. Too much fuel is being wasted and i wanted to know if making my car more lean would save fuel. Would the motor overheat? sorry im new to RC nitro cars and any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks
How does the motor sound on the straight? You should see some smoke, but motor should sound clean, on the straight. Put in a new plug, and do a few runs. Shut your motor off immediately after you make a straight away run. Check the plug and see what the fillament looks like. If wet and shinny, lean it some, but just an hour at a time. Remember to stay a little bit on the rich side of the needle. Hope this helps. Richard D