Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Julius, don't worry, we'll fly the Mugen colors for you
Old 12-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stefan
Julius, don't worry, we'll fly the Mugen colors for you
Regarding flying... that remembers me that I need to buy some airplane tickets to Miami....

Will be there... next Feb. Wanting to have a blast of race for a full week... Maybe we can do an 'rctech party' and see ourselves our ugly faces.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Corse-R
Regarding flying... that remembers me that I need to buy some airplane tickets to Miami....

Will be there... next Feb. Wanting to have a blast of race for a full week... Maybe we can do an 'rctech party' and see ourselves our ugly faces.
So you guys taking in overseas members from RCTECH for the party??!!! LoL
Old 12-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tIANcI
So you guys taking in overseas members from RCTECH for the party??!!! LoL
Sure! what if not is rctech? is an international community of fools playing with expensive toys!
Old 12-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Het Alfonso,

check your mail regarding your radio.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Sure! what if not is rctech? is an international community of fools playing with expensive toys!
Okay I have to check my diary ... fly half way round the world to see some little cars running around ... hmmmm ... okay who is arranging for the Polish lap dancers? Hahahaa ...
Old 12-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tIANcI
Okay I have to check my diary ... fly half way round the world to see some little cars running around ... hmmmm ... okay who is arranging for the Polish lap dancers? Hahahaa ...
Come on over ! I'll make sure the party will be worth the trip....
Old 12-17-2003, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Air travel with cars

Hello Everybody:

A couple of weeks ago about a dozen other racers from Puerto Rico were attending a race at the Dominican Republic. When I got to the airport the American Airlines counter attendant asked what I was carrying in my fairly large bag. I indicated that I was going to a race and was carrying two radio control cars. She said she needed to see them. She asked if they were new, and when I said they were used she said I could not carry them. After some argument somebody else came, I don't know if a supervisor, smelled the tank said no and went away.

Bottomline I was not allowed to go. The other ten racers were asked no questions and were allowed to go through. One of them had even forgotten to remove the nitro from the tank. I had washed my tank with degreaser and blown it with compressed air.

I requested the airline official to consult with TSA people but she answered that it was a company policy and had nothing to do with security. Go figure!!

That was a bad experience. I plan to formally complaint to the airline but am waiting for the anger to dissipate so I can be more objective.

Jose
Old 12-17-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Airtravel with cars...

I know all about this and for sure it is a pain in the XXX. When we fly to races, I usually UPS or similar everything that has had anything to do with nitro i.e. cars, tools oils, starterbox etc. to my hotel, and only bring with me exactly what I know will not test positive for explosives (Tx if you clean it up really good, new tires, spareparts in bags etc. Fure sure it has become a big pain to travel with RC cars and it constantly makes me wish for a standardised set uf rules. But in general, don't expect to be allowed to board with anything that has been in contact with fuel...
Old 12-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

if the 710 doesnt make a good showing there Serpent has a problem. That is basically Serpent USA's home track
Old 12-17-2003, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by treky11
if the 710 doesnt make a good showing there Serpent has a problem. That is basically Serpent USA's home track
I will say we all need to watch out for the NTC3 ... Barry is a still a great driver and so is Pavidis.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Corse-R check your email.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
I know fmolzer and ammdrew will be there.

So is Fernando M, Paolo M., Julius and Michael S I think !
Initial, i´ll be there but in 1/8 i think.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Paolo M
Initial, i´ll be there but in 1/8 i think.
Paolo, Looking forward to meeting you in person !
Old 12-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by treky11

Dose this mean if Serpent 710 doesn’t place the car isn’t any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.