Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAIRPLEX RACING, COMMENTS AND INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Default FAIRPLEX RACING, COMMENTS AND INPUT

For the racers that were at the RCX event, I think we found the hospitality of the Fairplex and the asphalt we ran on was A+. They have stated to GLARCRC that there are possibilities that we can use that same site for periodic racing throughout the year. Anything from club racing or maybe to tie into some of the scheduled Fairplex events as entertainment, or even during the L.A. County Fair.

Just want some Input from the racers to see if it would be worth persuing and our club can take the data to help make a determination....post on!!

GLARCRC
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Glenn count me in I'll be at the next one at fairplex...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Count me in also, the track was hooked up, and oh yeah about that mishap with my car going full throttle down the straight right through the boards, that was my carb being stuck wide open, thanks for fixing my carb problem glen,
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

fairplex racing sounds good to me
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'll be there.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up triple A rate

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
For the racers that were at the RCX event, I think we found the hospitality of the Fairplex and the asphalt we ran on was A+. They have stated to GLARCRC that there are possibilities that we can use that same site for periodic racing throughout the year. Anything from club racing or maybe to tie into some of the scheduled Fairplex events as entertainment, or even during the L.A. County Fair.

Just want some Input from the racers to see if it would be worth persuing and our club can take the data to help make a determination....post on!!

GLARCRC
Glenn,
This tracksite is prime realty..a lot of good drivers missed out on this the last time. I had an opportunity to pit with one of the best drivers(Ron C)at the RCX and he was HAPPY with the surprising surface quality. This site have drawn a plentiful spectators and have witnessed a fast and furious weekend of RC racing. I would love to go back there again...
Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

That would be great during the fair
Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us

GLARCRC
Very nice to hear it .... Nice smooth surface and good traction. Good size track and good tire wear.

If regular racing happens here, please count me in to race and hang out with you guys.

Scheduling races the same time as other Fairplex Events is an excellent idea! ....should help attract new people into the hobby.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry glen i missed that one
If regular racing happens in there, please count me in to race and hang out with you guys.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree 100% with Ron C that running at the Fairplex and scheduling races the same time as other Fairplex Events is an excellent idea! The track was nice and smooth so tire wear wont be a issuse at all , bathrooms are close at hand and nice and clean. I think this will bring out all those that have been letting there OnRoad car collect dust come out and play and have some newbies join the fun and friendship this sport brings ! who knows how big this can turn out I want to dream big !!! so maybe if we get alot of racers to come out and new ones to start maybe Fairplex will give us some land next to the drag strip where we can set up a track to race every weekend ! , just a dream tho LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

That would be great. I've gone racing three times in the past two years and my car has been collecting dust ever since Rev closed. For me, it takes too much time to drive to Compton or Artesia (plus gas). It will be nice to have regular racing in the pomona area.