R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   new to r/c (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/292718-new-r-c.html)

raideN 04-26-2009 09:38 AM

new to r/c

whats up, my name is josh and im out of ashland ohio. I've sort of played around with them off and on for awhile but never really gotten into it until now. I just bought an RS4 2 off my uncle but am looking for somewhere to race it. The local track only does oval and they dont allow 4WD so i guess i've go to drive a little farther to race this thing. is there anything you guys could suggest doing to start getting big into this?

Nitro-Racer* 04-26-2009 09:47 AM

well first of all buy some foam tires. as for the car it will be good to start off racing but is not that great. also invest in some good tool and accesories like a starter box or in the future buy a better radio. after you start learning some stuff about tuning the car and engine better you should move on to a better car and get involved even more.

Kyo83 04-27-2009 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by raideN (Post 5733874)
.........The local track only does oval and they dont allow 4WD so i guess i've go to drive a little farther to race this thing. is there anything you guys could suggest doing to start getting big into this?

If you wanted to get started right away, you could always take the front center drive shaft out and wahla! 2WD:smile:

I've done this on afew of my cars before. It'll really help you learn to drive better. Taking better lines and braking. You'll also have to adjust the shocks abit to get the car to stay planted.

If you don't care to do that, but are still seerious about racing, I'd say upgrade your motor to a rear exhaust, with a tuned racing pipe. Get some foam tires , like other guy said, then head over to these guys for some chassis upgrades that will make your car more stable for racing. However know this.....the money you put into this car could better be spent toward an more updated car that is closer to race ready that your RS4.

Either way I'd say set up your own little track in a nearby parking lot with a few cones and such and get yourself refamilarized with really driving your rc car....and I don't just mean doing speed runs back in forth from one end of the lot to the other.:lol:

Once you've done that find another track or sign up for an event race Like one of the HPI Challenges and see how well you do. Once you're driving exceeds what the car is capable of, buy a new or like new car from one of the guy here on the forum or one of the guys at your track, or just go all out and get yourself a new car. The Mugen MTX4, the Team magic G4's and the X-rays NT-1 seem to be the top competitors. If you can't place in the top half of the pack with one of those cars, then your set up is wrong or your driving and luck stinks....:lol:

raideN 04-27-2009 07:32 PM

Its got all of the good chassis parts on it, Carbon upper deck, carbon shock towers, sway bars, upgraded aluminum chassis i think. As for the engine its some kind of novarossi with a tuned pipe. the guy at debbies r/c world in va said the thing screams. i think its a .15 but im not sure. I was going to take it up to my school into the new parking lot.

Kyo83 04-28-2009 09:00 AM

How far are you from Dayton? I see there a shop called the Hobby shop there. They have posted that their track open on May 2 for testign and tuning. That would be a great oppertunity for you to get in some practice.

http://thehobbyshoponline.com/

They are hosting a HPI Challenge on June 27 - 28

meatpupet 04-30-2009 08:06 PM

road race track

there is a road course in mansfeild ohio. it on the corner of windsor and ashland rd. we are trying to start a local club. the track is concrete and has tight turns. i have an hpi rs4 evo3,one of the other guys has an tc4 and tc5. stop on buy. the name of place that has the track is sluggers. or try midohiorc com

mcsquish 04-30-2009 08:31 PM

Also remember to have fun, these are "toy cars" and we race for "bowling trophies".........

raideN 05-01-2009 06:09 PM

do you guys race on sundays? at midohio?

meatpupet 05-01-2009 06:29 PM

midohiorc

we have not set up any raceing at this time. we race or test and tune when ever we can sat. sun. as lone as the weather is good. we will try and post times and days on the web site, midohio com.we are going to try something this weekend weather permiting. stop by and check it out

jrick78 05-02-2009 06:39 AM

Hey

You can get track time anytime. Its just a few bucks. Like meat said we would like to find time where guys can get together and race.