Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Force .28 and my bleeding fingers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Force .28 and my bleeding fingers

I cant get this damn thing running! Starts for 2-3 seconds then dies before i get a chance to even pick up the radio. something is definately not right. I re checked the needles. HSN 3.5 turns from closed position. LSN flush. Im getting nothing! WTF!!! Not to mention my fingers bleeding from the pull start. Next step is to back over it with my truck just to make me feel better, then send the remains back to OFNA.
Any ideas?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Try to screw in the idle screw a 1/4 of a turn each time till you get a good idle

then follow the below method to get it tuned...

http://cefx.net/tips/nitro/tuning/index.php
Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Ill give it a try. Might need to get a starter box. My fingers are pretty thrashed from the pullstart.
thanks.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

I'm there with you buddy. Those pullstarts can be an S.O.B to star. A starter box will make a world of difference, but you still have to tune the carb to make it run longer than a half-second.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Force engines like a gap of about 1.3 mm opening to start. Just open it up with your radio to get it started. Then do your self a favor and BUY a starter box as pull starts suck. Buy the time you buy one ways and pull starts you could have payed for a box, oo and band aids. lol hope it helps
Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did you try a new plug?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vinrx7
I cant get this damn thing running! Starts for 2-3 seconds then dies before i get a chance to even pick up the radio. something is definately not right. I re checked the needles. HSN 3.5 turns from closed position. LSN flush. Im getting nothing! WTF!!! Not to mention my fingers bleeding from the pull start. Next step is to back over it with my truck just to make me feel better, then send the remains back to OFNA.
Any ideas?
Is it brand new? I have sold many rtr OFNA's with force engines. Needle settings were always in a good place for break-in except for the idle speed screw. All I ever had to do to break one in is to elevate the idle speed.
I would also caution against screwing adjustment needles all the way in. This can damage the seat. The needle position is to dependant on fuel type, temp, humity, glow plug, etc. for any particular setting to be very relevant.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
Is it brand new? I have sold many rtr OFNA's with force engines. Needle settings were always in a good place for break-in except for the idle speed screw. All I ever had to do to break one in is to elevate the idle speed.
I would also caution against screwing adjustment needles all the way in. This can damage the seat. The needle position is to dependant on fuel type, temp, humity, glow plug, etc. for any particular setting to be very relevant.
Can I borrow 1 of your IGT car JUST to race MWS with Walt and Sockco? I do not care about how ugly of a paint job like Walt's car or how heavy of a IGT car like Sockco....I just don't want to own 1..any chance?

yes.....I prefer OFNA car with Force .28 engine...I have starter box and will ignore that pull starter....
Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Can I borrow 1 of your IGT car JUST to race MWS with Walt and Sockco? I do not care about how ugly of a paint job like Walt's car or how heavy of a IGT car like Sockco....I just don't want to own 1..any chance?

yes.....I prefer OFNA car with Force .28 engine...I have starter box and will ignore that pull starter....
Are you calling my car fat?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, it is brand new. Im going to get rid of the plug it came with. Ofna brand LOL! It still works but it doesnt glow red hot like the os plugs im used to. I bought a lot of band aids and am going to get myself a starter box today. Ill check the idle opening and make sure its about 1.3mm.
thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

One more thing...it would have been helpfull if Ofna includes some kind of manual of some sort with information about the engine so i know what the hell each needle does and where it is supposed to be. No info on the engine that is included in the kit is plain stupid!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, i cant use a starter box on this engine. I tried 2 dirrent starter boxes and both shops i went to told me i had to change my engine in order to use a starter box because the engine sits up high off the frame. The wheel in the box wont reach the engine.
I did however manage to get the engine fired up then to idle. I had to open up the idle screw. It was way off from factory. Now it fires right up every time. I also use a glove when using that damn pull starter.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

1.It sounds like you need to use a shorter height set of engine mounts to get the engine lower on the chassis.
2. For a engine manual, the Ofna web site ofna.com, has a section of downloadable manuals. Use the manual for the Force 25/26 engines.
3. Heating the engine block and head with a hair dryer makes starting the engine a lot easier.
4. Double check that the fuel fitting in the carburetor provides a tight seal.
5. I have been using the Ofna Chrome Top starter box for all of my 1/8 scale cars.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
1.It sounds like you need to use a shorter height set of engine mounts to get the engine lower on the chassis.
2. For a engine manual, the Ofna web site ofna.com, has a section of downloadable manuals. Use the manual for the Force 25/26 engines.
3. Heating the engine block and head with a hair dryer makes starting the engine a lot easier.
4. Double check that the fuel fitting in the carburetor provides a tight seal.
5. I have been using the Ofna Chrome Top starter box for all of my 1/8 scale cars.
Thats the whole problem. Cant lower the engine closer to the chassis. Its already as low as it will go. The bottom of crankcase is already just about touching the chassis.
No worries though, i ran 4 tanks through the enginie and it starts up alot easier now. Big difference.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Did you try using a Kyosho multi starter? It has a much smaller wheel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.