Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault? >

Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?

Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?

Hi,

I got my Kyosho Fazer today. I read about breaking in the engine so i did that for 3 to 4 tanks was running perfectly. Then i took it out again in a car park (instead of my street) and after running it i noticed the exhaust manifold was leaking.

I was about to tighten it and noticed it had cracked and was in 2 pieces. I took the manifold off and the gasket had cracked aswell.

Is this a manufacturing fault?

Also, Do the exhaust manifold and exhaust have to connect together? or can you just use the connector piece to connect the two? (the exhaust manifold and exhaust connect on the fazer).

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Kurt
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rumble291
Hi,

I got my Kyosho Fazer today. I read about breaking in the engine so i did that for 3 to 4 tanks was running perfectly. Then i took it out again in a car park (instead of my street) and after running it i noticed the exhaust manifold was leaking.

I was about to tighten it and noticed it had cracked and was in 2 pieces. I took the manifold off and the gasket had cracked aswell.

Also, Do the exhaust manifold and exhaust have to connect together? or can you just use the connector piece to connect the two? (the exhaust manifold and exhaust connect on the fazer).

Thanks,

Kurt
I,m not that familair with the Fazer, but I do know that the exhast manifold is one piece, and the pipe is one piece. It does sound like something was defective. As far as the gasket goes,it's not uncommon for those to crack. To better understand you situation, post pictures if you can. I'm sure after seeing what happen someone can give you a more definitive answer.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rumble291
Hi,

Thanks,

Kurt
Kurt just contact kyoshoamerica & ask for product support
Old 04-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, Thanks for the replies.

Could I use a different manifold? I found one on ebay:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Side-Exhaust-Manifold-Gasket-Nitro-RC-Model-Engine-Part_W0QQitemZ250358401492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_To ysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item250358401492&_ trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7 C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Heres the pictures of the manifold and engine. Sorry about the quality crappy phone camera.

Thanks,

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?-imag0032.jpg   Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?-imag0037.jpg   Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?-imag0041.jpg   Exhaust Manifold Manufacturing Fault?-imag0042.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep, that's broke. That should be one piece. That is why it's leaking. As new as it is and as long as you haven't crashed it and the rest of the exhaust isn't smashed up, i'd say it's a manufacturing defect or a poor design.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I've just bought the part on ebay. I measured the manifold and had the same measurements as the one that i'm buying. Its only £6 for which looks like a better designed one.

Thanks for you help guys!

Kurt