Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
MUGEN OWNERS..PARKING LOT SET-UP??? >

MUGEN OWNERS..PARKING LOT SET-UP???

MUGEN OWNERS..PARKING LOT SET-UP???

Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation MUGEN OWNERS..PARKING LOT SET-UP???

Hey, I only run in parking lots and I need some input on what kind of set up should I use? Right now the front springs are set up stiff and the rear soft with 35wt in both. I run 35 and 37 shore grp foams. Who makes rubber in 30 or 31 mm ? The surface is blacktop and foams are only good a few tanks.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Not to sound like a ass but the mugen car is not made for bashing in parking lots its made for real race tracks so a set up is for something like that is what ever you want it to be.
frt
Track width 199mm
Piston Stock
Ride height 6mm
Oil 35
Camber angle 2°
Spring purple
Caster angle 1 mm
Toe angle 0.5 out°
droop -1mm
Bump stop None

Rear

Track width 200mm
Piston Stock
Ride height
6mm
Oil 35
Camber angle 3°
Springgray
Toe angle 1°
droop 3mm
Bump stop None
This would be something to try but it will be hard to set up it up like this if you dont have a set up board or the hudy set up station with all the right tools well have fun with it
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks you don't sound like an a$$. I have a hudy set up board and the team magic wheel pieces but not sure how it works yet. Will learn tomorrow. I know the mugen is a race car but I wanted a strong durable good handling car. I just need to learn to drive it better. Traxxus, HPI,And associated were not what I wanted though they are good bashers
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

To bashing on parking lot foam tires are the worst tire you can use. Use rubber threaded HPI tires over concrete. They are the best for parking lots. Your car should handle good but it is not a parking lot car. Mikes hobby shop has a very nice track to run your Mugen with your foam tires.
I hope it helps you.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks...yeah im trying to find out what brand of rubber slicks I can go with and have a little bit of durability also. I know hpi tires are around at the lhs's but what other brands should I be looking at for rubber slicks? Oh also I will repeat this question on this thread...who makes 30mm or 31mm rubber slicks?(not vintage hpi) thanks guys.