R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default tc3 nitro, 2 speed not shifting

(Tc3 nitro) I changed stock gears to purple and orange on clutch bell (1 toth up on both) and went from 54 - 50 to 52 - 48 on spur gears with an os 18 cvr engine. I had to mess with 2 of the 4 screws in the 2 speed to get the small spur gear tight. Once everything was back togeather I tried to adjust the other 2 screws, the ones with springs in the 2 speed to adjust shift points. the manuel said to put them all the way in and then back them out 3 1/2 turns. i did that and it was stuck in second gear. keep adjusting it and no results. put screws all the way in and it seemed to be in 1st gear. Started to back them out little at a time and never got it to shift. The screws are about 2 turns out now and its hard to tell what gear its in. Its still not shifting though. it seems to accelarate better then when it was stuck in second, like it might be in 1st but its going about 45 mph which seems fast for 1st gear. on the other hand it is winding out fast and with the os and stock gears, (it was shifting then), it was doing 55 to 60. it should go faster with these gears but like I said, 45 seems fast to be in 1st gear. And at any setting it wont shift now, please help!!!
work4rc is offline   Reply With Quote