Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mugen parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default mugen parts

does anyone have a-arms of a mugen prime 12 or msx3 they would be willing to sell?
i cant afford to spend more then $10-$15
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Honestly dude.......

Fisrt off you should be posting something like this in the: for trade/sale forum

Secondly as most of the guys told you already....that car is ancient. If you can't find what you need in the trade/sale forum, craigslist, or fleabay(eBay) you should cut your losses, which is zero, since your friend gave you the car, and get a used rc car that is a little more recent so you'll be able to get parts for it.

I know how it is being attached to a car and all..... (I still have my Mugen MTX2 but its more of a show car that I just play with once in a while and I've invest more into it than it cost me to buy)....that you don't want to let it go, but you didn't even buy that one. Take what you can from the Prime (like the motor, servos, wheels, etc) and put it toward something a little less date.

Surely there are some nice MTX3's, HPI RS4's and NTC3's out there still and you'll have alot easier time getting parts for.

Put that thing peacefully to rest and move on!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

i cant buy another car unless i get it for like $30. im 15, i dont have a job yet so i have like no money
if i did i would have already bought another car
Old 04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hear you youngin' but where do you think you're going to get parts from for under 30 bucks. I'm telling you, as soon as you buy those arms, you're gonna find that you need something else to make them work properly on your car.

Option one....
Go to the local hobbyshop tell them you have a relic that you'd like to get up and running and that you'll come work for a month or so, helping out any way you can, for them, for free, if they help you out scoring some parts or sell you a used, but decent traded in car.

Option two.....
Line up some neighbors to cut their lawns for the summer. You'll make enough to buy a new car for sure, if you're not afraid of some manual labor. That was how I made cash back in the day......ahhh to be young again.

Option three....
Go down to local race track each time there's a race going one. Swallow your pride and put on the sad puppy dog face and whimper about how your car is so old you can't find parts for it and you can't raise enough money to get a new. Someone might have a soft heart and give or sell you one of their older practice car chassis for dirt cheap. Be sure to take the Prime 12 with you so they can see how pityful it is..... Of course this won't work if everyone knows you as the town menace, you stand over 5'10 and look like you should be on the college football team, or you dad owns the only bank in town that is not owned by Fannie Mac, AIG, Citibank or any of the other failing banks.

If all else fails...
Try behaving yourself and just ask your parents for the cash....even among tough times parents like to reward their kids for doing well and behaving Did I mention behaving?!?!?!?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

yeah dude im w trying every thing. i actually just found a good deal on another car. its an hpi rs4 3. i think im hguna buy it. im just guna strip all the parts of the prime 12 like electronics cuz its got a really good radio. then just throw it
Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Old

I've got some old parts for your car . I'll let you know tomorrow what I have.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

finally!! it might be a couple days befor i know if im guna keep that car or not but lemme know wat u have any ways.
thanks bro. haha ur the only one in like 3 weeks thats had parts haha
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by latemodel13
I've got some old parts for your car . I'll let you know tomorrow what I have.
i do need the parts if u have them.
i need a front a-arm dogbone and exhaust manifold