Ducati998 - when I claim a figure and posting it, I am making sure it is 100% accurate or I won't post it at all. It is not something I pull out of thin air.
Let me break it down:
* Serpent 950 kit @ RC Muchroom U$520 incl shipping to Australia (U$470 kit only)
* (2) Hi-Tec HS-5945MG Servos U$140 total incl shipping to Australia from Rotor in Singapore
* EFRA 9886 black pipe (not polished) U$38 from RC Mushroom in HK
* Nova manifold to go with the EFRA pipe U$22 from RC Mushroom in HK
TOTAL = U$720.00
The pipe and manifold can go with the Serpent kit and should not increase the shipping fee - if at all since those components are very light.
1/8th on-road is the MOST expensive class of RC. But if you shop around, and look somewhere else - you can get extremely good deals.
In the super expensive Australia, the prices are:
* Serpent 950 - AU$1300 (cheapest shop here)
* Hitec 5945s - AU$165 each (also cheapest shop)
* 9886 combo - AU$190
Now all of this totals to AU$1655 which is close to U$1200. Notice the extremely large gap of close to U$500?