R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

There were other cars. Mugen, Picco and I think BMT all made them.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #17
Tech Elite

The 235mm was a great car. I just reciently sold it. I didn't want to, but there was the issue of parts. I bought a huge lot of parts from the Ron Parris estate a couple of years ago. As was said by others, many impacts and 835 have gone the way of the drag racer. People are dropping in .21's and straight lineing them. I sold most of my part. I have a few bodies and tires left.

My 835 and my 950. Back a few years ago.

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 08-23-2009 at 10:36 PM.
GHETTOTEACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I still have mine,and with the cost of 200mm engines to make the A main and breakage of TC's hoping the 835's will come back, but it's one kit I'll never let go. I also stocked up on parts when class went away
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have two 235mm 2wd cars myself (one Serpent Impact and one Maddog {Serpent clone}). I loved this class when it was run. It helped me tremendously as far as development my driving and car set-up skills. The 2wd car will train you to get head right with car on the racetrack. I wish that the class would come back as well but when 4wd took over and ran the costs up to stay competitive, it was cheaper to buy an 1/8th scale car over a 4wd 235mm car, thus many made the switch signalling the death of the class. From the way it looks now, it may never come back.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
I have two 235mm 2wd cars myself (one Serpent Impact and one Maddog {Serpent clone}). I loved this class when it was run. It helped me tremendously as far as development my driving and car set-up skills. The 2wd car will train you to get head right with car on the racetrack. I wish that the class would come back as well but when 4wd took over and ran the costs up to stay competitive, it was cheaper to buy an 1/8th scale car over a 4wd 235mm car, thus many made the switch signalling the death of the class. From the way it looks now, it may never come back.
Wow the old Maddog, that was my very first nitro car back in the carson mall days, GLARC, lol. that brings back memories.

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I had a Veteq and an Impact. What a blast the 235 was to drive. Even more fun in 4wd. Between the rear spool, front one way, and wide rear tires gettin (and keepin) the car sideways was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun.

The one and only major race I ever attended was the 2003 VORRA regionals. I had the Salven .15 motor in the damn thing, WOW!!! Down the straight I was cookin some of the 1/8 scale guys. Some of them didn't like it too much.

Unfortunately, the car ended up a shelf queen. I decided to sell it. Bummer the class died out. It was faster and more durable than my TC3.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a Serpent Impulse converted to 235mm tires, 235mm Bmw,Volvo,Porshe,bodies, .28 modified engine and wheelie bar. the car is a beast. 200ft Drag is what i have it geared for. Best project i've done. I love my unique235mm. Lol
Old 04-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Believe it or not; If ANYBODY is looking for Impact parts shoot me a P.M. New In BAG...also have a roller

Last edited by MugenDrew; 04-07-2009 at 02:32 PM.
MugenDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
Believe it or not; If ANYBODY is looking for Impact parts shoot me a P.M. New In BAG...also have a roller
I've seen this parts inventory,lots of parts new in bag great buy may be enough to build 2 to 3 kits and then some
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:56 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 235mm

Is this thread still going. I bought a Mugen Advance 2 years back and bought a Serpent 235 today to play with a bit. I have never driven one of these but am looking forward to it. Also the scale realism is unmatched for me.
puffdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here in the UK the 235mm class died along with the discontinue of the 835 which I believed was the last of the 235mm cars unfortunately. We now run 220mm with.12 engines which are converted 200mm chassis. I had the impact M2 WC and loved it back in the day.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #27
Tech Master

Still have the Impact M2 w/ Mega 15 MS. It was a cool class. You may run into guys that still runs for demo's or just the hell of it. Have 6 sets of Ellegi tire Frt and Rear brand new. Years back I thought of taking 200mm foam donuts and mounting on 235 rims, and combinations of shore on rim. AGAIN, GOT SIDE TRACKED from other projects. The class died. If you noticed, cooling fins has MS scribed by Michael Salvin.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent Impact/835 History? 235mm-dscn0017.jpg   Serpent Impact/835 History? 235mm-dscn0016.jpg  
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffdogg View Post
Is this thread still going. I bought a Mugen Advance 2 years back and bought a Serpent 235 today to play with a bit. I have never driven one of these but am looking forward to it. Also the scale realism is unmatched for me.
The thread have pretty much died because of the availability of the cars and parts (if you broke something). Things for this class of car are getting very scarce now and for the few that are being offered on the like of Ebay, no one is paying an arm and leg for a car that is not being raced anymore (unless you are a collector). It was a great class when it was around and I hated to see it go. Got two 2wds and one 4wd roller that I wish I could race again but I can still dream.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They race converted 200mm cars into 220mm wide GT lola shell cars here in the UK.

235mm would still be going in the UK if they were available for sale I'm sure.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:54 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Looking for impact parts, 235mm body.. hope to bring this thread to life !
serafin is offline   Reply With Quote