Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno GT2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
The simplest fix for the 2nd gear problems is to replace the 40 tooth plastic gear with a 41 tooth metal gear. The entire upgrade cost about $20 and it completely solves this problem.
I need to go on record to take back what I said about the 41 tooth metal gear replacement - I blew up 5 metal gears (2 in one day). It is not the answer to the transmission problem on the Kyosho car.

The answer is the Ipanema Blackhawk Transmission. I put mine in 4 months ago and since then I have had zero transmission problems.

Sorry for the bad info but at the time I wrote the post I thought the metal gear would work.

Lee Muse
Old 10-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I need to go on record to take back what I said about the 41 tooth metal gear replacement - I blew up 5 metal gears (2 in one day). It is not the answer to the transmission problem on the Kyosho car.

The answer is the Ipanema Blackhawk Transmission. I put mine in 4 months ago and since then I have had zero transmission problems.

Sorry for the bad info but at the time I wrote the post I thought the metal gear would work.

Lee Muse
You don't have to apologize. It was one of the fixes that was put out by some folks that experimented with it and had no issues at the time. I think that fix is dependent on what engine you are using it with. I don't think that it would grenade if you were using the stock engine but probably would if you were using a high-end (2.5hp or above) engine with tons of torque/power.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah....Lee

Beside, I had already told people what had happened to you with that setup on another GT thread and suggested they get the Ipanema transmission like you suggest, instead...I guess someone failed to look back that far.

We/I still have faith in you
Old 10-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually it was this Thread and its only one page back.....hahaha
Old 10-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Lee Muse
I said that right after I tried it once, I does not work for racing. Evolva tranny is the best solution.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ipanema

Is the Ipanema transmission upgrade worth it? Has there been any problems with this kit? Thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billm
There are several way to overcome the 2 speed issues and the upgrade possibilitys are as much as your wallet can stand. I highly recommend this car. There are several websites...(well one really) that has almost 1000 igt owners, and is chocked full of all the IGT information you could ever ask for.

I'd like to learn more about the IGT2s. Could you provide the URL for the site you mentioned.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://infernogt.proboards.com/
Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyo83
Yeah....Lee

Beside, I had already told people what had happened to you with that setup on another GT thread and suggested they get the Ipanema transmission like you suggest, instead...I guess someone failed to look back that far.

We/I still have faith in you

Thanks!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i was wondering if anyone knows of a list of parts or even a convertion kit to convert the mp 7.5 into a gt2 these things look to be about as much fun as one can have with a radio in his hand and i have 3 complete kanai cars and litterally a wheelbarrow full of spares any help would be appriciated
thank you
the mighty thor
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Suspended

Carbon Fiber chassis comparison for the 1/8 scale GT

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdvw_n3oJYo
Old 01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Suspended

1/8 GT Racing at homestead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIe_c6PlQk4
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default GT2 VETTE IMP TRANNY

Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak
Whats up guys if anybody is interested i just seen a kyosho Igt2/w vette body with the impanema tranny already installed in it for sale, in the for sale forum and it looks pretty good and priced pretty good too if interested have a look!!!! WOULD BE GREAT FOR THE GT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACE IN MARCH!!!