Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

This thread is great wish I had tried to signup and not got in so I had something to b@#ch about...
Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
This thread is great wish I had tried to signup and not got in so I had something to b@#ch about...
Funny shiat! Bitch anyway...

Good to see you at the Cap, son.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Jim - I am not the Orange handle. Take that up with him please. If you have issues with comments I have said, please take with me. Yes, I answered Rick Davis's question and yes, it was considered. And, yes, it was decided to not limit to one class per entry for many reasons - one of which, this is an event open to all members. For ROAR to limit your choices goes against everything ROAR stands for.

The combination had nothing to do with anything other than financial concerns for all parties involved. Please know, we were very aware the entry count was going to be at its maximum and it was going to fill fast. Therefore, the SEVERAL announcements and prodding people to pay attention to their membership dates and the exact dates registration would be open. (please see opening post on this thread.)

The limited entry count was not a ROAR decision but well, how do I put this, a simple matter of daylight hours and main events that are more than 5 minutes long.

I am sorry you didn't get the memo filed several times about when the event was opening registration and how the process will work. It appears many others did.
Its all good. Everyone that got in, I hope they all have fun. At least this time, I'm not the only one that is outside looking in. Just hope that everybody can learn from this, all racers, ROAR admin, and myself.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

LMAO
Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looking at the list of prior entry totals, I see only one stand alone 1/8th nats with under 100 entries. That was 2003. Texas in August was no fun (yes I was there) and being right between the pre-worlds and worlds in Cincy didn't help the car count any either. So, if 1/8th can pretty much always be counted on to draw over 100 cars, why combine it with anything?

As for jumping on people for not signing up earlier, there is a bit of a flaw in that argument. Clearly there are more people that want to run than available spots. So if every single one of them signed up on day one, someone still has to stay home. You would have a situation where some guy that signed up at 1am didn't get in because the race sold out in less than an hour. Obviously this isn't quite the case here but I'm just following the logic.

Again, not bitching. Just trying to see if a better solution can be found for next year. Next year is really important for us 1/8th guys.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Steve you to dog see at the GLC or NATS...lATER dREW
Old 06-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Jim - I am not the Orange handle. Take that up with him please. If you have issues with comments I have said, please take with me. Yes, I answered Rick Davis's question and yes, it was considered. And, yes, it was decided to not limit to one class per entry for many reasons - one of which, this is an event open to all members. For ROAR to limit your choices goes against everything ROAR stands for.

The combination had nothing to do with anything other than financial concerns for all parties involved. Please know, we were very aware the entry count was going to be at its maximum and it was going to fill fast. Therefore, the SEVERAL announcements and prodding people to pay attention to their membership dates and the exact dates registration would be open. (please see opening post on this thread.)

The limited entry count was not a ROAR decision but well, how do I put this, a simple matter of daylight hours and main events that are more than 5 minutes long.

I am sorry you didn't get the memo filed several times about when the event was opening registration and how the process will work. It appears many others did.
I am not sure how you can say limiting access goes against everything roar stands for. Limiting access is exactly what roar did And, as far as the anouncements, that were made, they sounded alot more like statements of how roar was going to do it, and if you don't like it too bad. Which is how roar has been ran for years.
Being a volunteer, is no excuse for bad decisions
Old 06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

You can not sign up. You are going to be too busy wrenching and getting yelled at. hahaha

Whats up Drew. Got your popcorn!!!!!!!! Its not over by a long shot.

DJ
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

This just in DJ Apolaro will sell his two spots at the nats for $1500 each...So if you have $3000 laying around and want to race the nats pm DJ....
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Great. My PM just broke down.. You are too funny Drew
Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

You comin to the GLC? Good job in Turkey...If I don't see you at the GLC see you at the nats...

Drew
Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Have to miss this GLC, see you at the Nats.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This just in DJ Apolaro will sell his two spots at the nats for $1500 each...So if you have $3000 laying around and want to race the nats pm DJ....
With the economy the way it is i'm sure some people will sell them for $1500!
If you can do that?
But not me!
Maby $2000 CASH
Good Luck to all that got in!
later
Jeff Epperson:
:
Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Steve you to dog see at the GLC or NATS...lATER dREW

Drew you coming back to Speedworld for some nitro sedan racing at the Mugen challenge??

For anyone running sedan that didn't get into the Nats, will have some great racing at Speedworld in July at the 2009 Mugen Seiki Sedan Challenge Cup..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...lenge-cup.html

Now back the Nats drama...
Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This from the Man who wrenches on Toy cars! And gets yelled at for leaving a few screws loose!

Don't give up on your wrench job. But if you keep going maybe you can become the next great comic...........Drew The Mechanic.

Looking forward to this race. By the way everyone in Ohio better be prepared for Hillbilly Graham Cracker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.