Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will have to get my entry in as soon as it opens up...
You're going to double class Francis?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
You're going to double class Francis?

No, I've tried that at different races and the result has not been good everytime I do double duty....
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
also, one last thing, the purpose of this thread was to get an announcement out there as quickly as possible. Lately, RC Tech has been the most visited site and it would be crazy to not utilize its database. The annoucement was made as soon as possible to make aware those interested in attending RC events appropriate travel arrangements.

But, we must all remember - if attending an RC event will take food off the table of your family, maybe going is not such a great idea. These are difficult times for all - vendors have to increase their fees to make ends meet therefore, we all end up paying more. ROAR is not a business that earns an income. ROAR simply provides and promotes sanctioned racing to its membership.
I don't know all of the ends and out of scheduling but scheduling a race of this type during a holiday weekend I believe is counter productive. I guess the only other time that would be worst; would be Mothers Day weekend.... oops you all ready know that.
But none the less; for all of my fellow racers; have a good time, and I'll prey that the rain gods stay away. I can not make this race due to family commitments.( It's a Holiday weekend)

Pass you soon...
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hello guys, can someone point me out where to find pics of the whole track? I went to their website, but can only see pics of the pits and very few shots of the track itself. Thanks in advanced.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There's a big difference between Mothers Day and Labor Day.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEJIFIlEQs
Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow what a good looking track
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman

The Capital Classic is a good case study: $40 for one class, $15 for the second class, same classes as the proposed Nats, tons of extra expenses for the host (air conditioned restrooms, etc.), classy trophies, will most likely sell out, the list goes on and on. When people see this kind of commitment to r/c, they volunteer services, self promote it, seek means to make it better and they don't bitch about it. But best of all, they would pay more for it because they know it's worth it. Can the same be assumed for this event? If you can assure us this, then I'm all for it and I'll pay whatever the fee is.
This is not entirely directed to Sohlman but more to anyone who thinks they are not getting their money's worth for the nats.

The Capitol Classic, a fantastic race put on by fantastic people can't be compared to the Nats. Not that the nats is better or the CC is better but with the CC, Chris probably ( I am not positive ) lays out out a lot of his own money to make the race as great as it is. For the ROAR nats there are people to be flown in for tech, race announcing duties, people to run the computers etc and it's an organization. ROAR can't afford to lose money on a race, and they have in the past. If they lose money they go away and there is no organization to make rules and keep things in line as best as possible. Some faith has to put put into ROAR, we/The Gate did for the Carpet nats and we worked together to make it the best race anyone has ever been to( not my opinion, check out the carpet nats thread) I think Ted is one if the best race organizers out there, he is a racer and knows what racers want. So if Toledo and ROAR get together and do the best job they can it will be worth the money.

Look at it this way, You can spend $25 to club race at a carpet track for one day and get to run 6 times, 30 minutes at most. That consists of practice once, 4 quals and a main and you get pretty much nothing for it, no trophy, Shirt or what ever. For the Nitro nats you get all that plus virtually unlimited track time for 2 days of practice, 6 qualifiers, mains that if you do terrible in qualifying you might get to run 4 hours+ if you bump up all the way to the A main. So when you look at it that way it's a great value!! The Capitol Classic happens to be one of those exceptions to the rule where the entry fee is an exceptional deal. $80 a class is certainly worth 5 days to get a ton of track time and chance of winning a National title!! Plus the best parts is you get to come to see me and Seaball, why would you want to miss that?

Paul

Last edited by chicky03; 04-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Hello guys, can someone point me out where to find pics of the whole track? I went to their website, but can only see pics of the pits and very few shots of the track itself. Thanks in advanced.
The website has been in development for a few months or so. There will be some pictures of the track and an aerial view slideshow available by this Sunday, sometime.

More information will be posted in the coming weeks about reservations,directions, flights, etc. in a separate section on the site devoted to the Nationals. Look for that in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've been thinking that this is the way to go, joining the two events, but after a lot of thought, is it? For those that run 1/10 and 1/8th, now you might be forced to choose which class you will not run. Will this even further eliminate participation from one class or another?

When you think of it, running two classes is a lot of work, and to do your best running both classes your going to need help, even if its just a person to true your tires and clean your car off, more cost. I know that this doesn't apply to everybody, but how many racers run both classes? Looking back at the past nationals did ROAR consider this in the decision?

I'll bring this up now, the 1/10th masters was eliminated (as well 1/10 open, 17 total entries), why, when nothing was eliminated from 1/8th? (26 entries 1/8th masters) I know of a few racers in this region that were going back to sedan from 1/8th this year; they already said that they would not attend the nationals now because of no 1/10th masters class.

Not trying to be difficult, but a few would like to know, and won't post anything online because it becomes a dogfight.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chicky03
This is not entirely directed to Sohlman but more to anyone who thinks they are not getting their money's worth for the nats.

The Capitol Classic, a fantastic race put on by fantastic people can't be compared to the Nats. Not that the nats is better or the CC is better but with the CC, Chris probably ( I am not positive ) lays out out a lot of his own money to make the race as great as it is. For the ROAR nats there are people to be flown in for tech, race announcing duties, people to run the computers etc and it's an organization. ROAR can't afford to lose money on a race, and they have in the past. If they lose money they go away and there is no organization to make rules and keep things in line as best as possible. Some faith has to put put into ROAR, we/The Gate did for the Carpet nats and we worked together to make it the best race anyone has ever been to( not my opinion, check out the carpet nats thread) I think Ted is one if the best race organizers out there, he is a racer and knows what racers want. So if Toledo and ROAR get together and do the best job they can it will be worth the money.

Look at it this way, You can spend $25 to club race at a carpet track for one day and get to run 6 times, 30 minutes at most. That consists of practice once, 4 quals and a main and you get pretty much nothing for it, no trophy, Shirt or what ever. For the Nitro nats you get all that plus virtually unlimited track time for 2 days of practice, 6 qualifiers, mains that if you do terrible in qualifying you might get to run 4 hours+ if you bump up all the way to the A main. So when you look at it that way it's a great value!! The Capitol Classic happens to be one of those exceptions to the rule where the entry fee is an exceptional deal. $80 a class is certainly worth 5 days to get a ton of track time and chance of winning a National title!! Plus the best parts is you get to come to see me and Seaball, why would you want to miss that?

Paul
Can you move to my region?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
dfilo456 -I don't think ROAR normally checks the schedules of major sports, NHRA or NASCAR before scheduling an event. If they did, we would never race....
Correct, with one exception. We have to be careful not to schedule any big events around here on the same date as the Richmond NASCAR races or you will not find a hotel room within 100 miles.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Also, Chicky is dead on about the CC. While I'm sure Chris would love to turn a profit, he doesn't exactly have to do so to put on a great race. Not too many tracks have that luxury.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

No offense.....but it is what it is.. sounds to me like decisions have been made and theres no changing them
Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by motojon
No offense.....but it is what it is.. sounds to me like decisions have been made and theres no changing them
Can you imagine the posts if they did?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.