Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO >

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

So who won ? If it wasn't for Mike, this Nats would be the worst event coverage ever.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redsand
So who won ? If it wasn't for Mike, this Nats would be the worst event coverage ever.
The information is all over the internet, how did you miss it?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well what can I say that is not already been said.

RMT excellent job running the race, Toledo Crew excellent work with the track and Thanks for the Sani-Johns.

For me I have a special Team. The Red Cup Racing Team. I am pleased to say we all brought home some ROAR hardware. So to Jim, Tony, Julian, Greg, Bill Great Job. And to my special helper that I could not do without Karla. Thanks.

Bobby Watson Thanks for the great pit work.

I would also like to say Congrats to all the racers on a great job well done. I thought the races were excitiing to watch. It is always for me exciting to see you all a couple of times a year at these events and its even more of a pleasure to watch you all run.

See you all at the next race.

Here is a link to all the pics that Tony and I took:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dlarry62

The "Big Guy"
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

I was able to spent thursday and friday at the Nationals. They were 2 of the most enjoyable days I’ve ever spent at any kind of an RC race.

The weather was perfect, the atmosphere was exciting - as was the practice and qualifying. ROAR was doing a great job as far as running a smooth show.

One of the best parts of my trip was the opportunity to see a lot of racers/friends that I don’t get to see too often. Had a chance to spent some time with three of the coolest guys to have ever held a radio – Steve Rossi, Ted Flack and Dave Berry. Even had a chance to hang out with Ted Hammer and his friends at the ARCA race on Friday night. My trip to Toledo was aaaaaall goooood!

CONGRATULATIONS to Ralph Burch Jr for his awesome TQ in 1/8th and also to Mike Swauger for his overall WIN. Mike: nice way to back up that WORLDS runner-up finish!

CONGRATULATIONS also to Paul Lemieux for his TQ and WIN in Touring Car as well as Eli Ezrow’s TQ and WIN in Masters!

Thanks to all competitors who used Protoform Race Bodies. It was a very gratifying experience to be there. I was amazed at how fast those cars were going through the sweeper at the end of the main straight. I was walking around the place with a goofy looking perma-grin.

Had a lot of guys at the Nat’s asked me “will there ever be a new 200mm sedan body release from Pf?” Ya, I know – that Stratus 3.1 is getting pretty long in the tooth. (but somehow it's still being used to win races all over the world) No worries though, a new “R5-N” will be released in 3 to 4 weeks. I’m expecting it to be a pretty serious step forward in appearance and performance.

Hope you’re all having a great Labour Day Holiday!

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Dlarry,

Thanks for the great pictures of the event. It helps for me who wasn't able to attend.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

I wanted to thank the entire oneeighthracers club and roar for a excellent job on this years Nationals......including the famous Jimmy B for his relentless job of officiating(is that a word?).....any way got home went straight to work and had memories the entire day......Great job goes out to Mike Swauger i lost a clutch early in the race and happened to focus hard on Swaugers car and crew .....they are flawless......he clearly was no match in the main for anyone not that they are slow....just that he was so on............props to you Mike and the MUGEN TEAM...and thank u Team Mugen for your support.....and last of all......i owe Brad T from YB SLOW an apology for not mentioning his company in my sponsor sheet.....i truly forgot......and feel terrible because when i blew my car up in a crash early in qualifying he was the first person there to lend a hand and brand new YB_SLOW parts....thanx BT a true friend ----
Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

what car in touring did josh cyrul use in touring car?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
I think it was a sheppard car.....
Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

is there any pictures?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

I've got the file to post with all the results for all Finals, and a ton of photos to go through. I'll try to post one more report with some of that information tomorrow. Right now I'm back home in Miami, but I'd rather go to sleep early than spend the next few hours on the computer....
Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Never saw any of his car but I saw some pictures here http://www.jpracing.com/fr/produits/...rd/velox10.php
Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes it was a Shepherd Velox V10 and possibly still in some form of prototype.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

looks good, it has good mix of different engineering idea's i just wonder how the car will do with other drivers, as not many people can drive like josh cyrul. congrats to him and his finish.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default RESULTS

Here's the file with the full race results for all Finals:

http://www.sgrid.com/2009/toledo-nats/results.pdf
Old 09-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

He is running the prototype Shepherd V10. Don't know anything else though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.