Wiki Posts
Search

!!HELP!! Engine Advise MX 12 MAX3 MF

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default !!HELP!! Engine Advise MX 12 MAX3 MF

Hi all,

I am new with all this so bare with me. I recently came across several RC NITRO cars. One came with this engine: MX 12 MAX3 MF Tuned by Massimo Fantini. I know nothing about this engine. The problem i am having is that its hard to start and once runninng it will die within 2-3 mins. I have taken pics of this engine and would like some advise on how to keep it running and what i need to do to tune. I have attached some pics so u can see what i am working with. many thanks. I have added some RED LINES that look like they are screws to adjust. please if you can let me know what screw to turn and how many times. I am LOST PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Mentat
Attached Thumbnails !!HELP!! Engine Advise MX 12 MAX3 MF-sany0278-%5B%5D.jpg   !!HELP!! Engine Advise MX 12 MAX3 MF-sany0284-%5B%5D.jpg   !!HELP!! Engine Advise MX 12 MAX3 MF-red.lines.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

The horizontal line is the idle speed screw or air gap. The left vertical line is the cinch bolt that holds the carb in place (not an adjustment) The middle line is the seat of the idle mixture adjustment. Its turned farther out than usual. But maybe that works for that engine. The right one is the main fuel metering needle, usually called the high speed needle. If your trying to get it to idle for 3 minutes? Try turning in the idle mixture adj. (middle line) One quarter of a turn (clockwise)
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

When starting this engine it appears that it can be started either clockwise and counter clockwise, which way should the engine run? counter or clockwise?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mentat
When starting this engine it appears that it can be started either clockwise and counter clockwise, which way should the engine run? counter or clockwise?

If you are holding the engine and looking at it from the front, it should spin counter clockwise.

Yes can start the engine both ways but the engine won't run well when started clockwise, plus I don't think the car will be going anywhere too fast either