Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

..Have any of you used, or have any experience with the 4D clutch?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
..Have any of you used, or have any experience with the 4D clutch?

Thanks,
Steve
I stick with the 3D clutch. I have tried different 4D clutches. There was one Kyosho 4D with a large flywheel. The flywheel was too heavy. The normal 4D feels about like the Mugen 4D. I tried leaving out 2 of the 4 weights, but I could not make the clutch fully engage like I wanted. (Too smooth, and melted the clutch pad) With 4 weights, I had to really tighten down the spring a lot. This provided a heavy hit, but needs a really hard spring. I like the 3D, or 4D with the flyweights lightened. I also like the Orion square clutch spring in all of them. I have tried the RRR lightweight clutch on the Evolva with success. Use the entire RRR clutch, with the Evolva clutchbell, and gears. It just requires some chassis machining to get the starter wheel in there. There again I used the 3D with lightened flyweights, and it is really nice. I also start out showing about 1.3mm of clutch nut threads with the Orion spring.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grinder
I stick with the 3D clutch. I have tried different 4D clutches. There was one Kyosho 4D with a large flywheel. The flywheel was too heavy. The normal 4D feels about like the Mugen 4D. I tried leaving out 2 of the 4 weights, but I could not make the clutch fully engage like I wanted. (Too smooth, and melted the clutch pad) With 4 weights, I had to really tighten down the spring a lot. This provided a heavy hit, but needs a really hard spring. I like the 3D, or 4D with the flyweights lightened. I also like the Orion square clutch spring in all of them. I have tried the RRR lightweight clutch on the Evolva with success. Use the entire RRR clutch, with the Evolva clutchbell, and gears. It just requires some chassis machining to get the starter wheel in there. There again I used the 3D with lightened flyweights, and it is really nice. I also start out showing about 1.3mm of clutch nut threads with the Orion spring.

Thanks for the info.

-Steve
Old 11-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Evolva Parts Blowout.

Guys, I'm selling a ton of Evolva parts, all new in package stuff.

I'm slowly getting it up on ebay, so check the link daily to see if there is anything you need. I'm selling stuff from 50-70% of retail.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmotospodes

Regards,
Steve
Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default want to buy evolva 05

Hi Guys
anyone know where i can pick up an evolva 05?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi Guys
anyone know where i can pick up an evolva 05?
Try NYC Hobbies 718-366-6262, I believe they have one 'WC' left.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLOW KYOSHOLONIANS!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Is anyone going to the Winternats this year? Also, could anyone share their setups for this track? According to the official thread, it looks like they've improved the surface over last year.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can anybody help.i have a problem with all my shocks on my evolva,everytime i replace the shock oil and race it,its leaking from the top.i use 60 wt. is it the ballon thing? or the oil to thick?

tnx
Old 12-02-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moy
can anybody help.i have a problem with all my shocks on my evolva,everytime i replace the shock oil and race it,its leaking from the top.i use 60 wt. is it the ballon thing? or the oil to thick?

tnx
I had this problem too. I replaced the bladders, and the problem was fixed. Try replacing the 4 shock bladders. Mine did not look damaged, but upon close inspection they developed a leak somehow. Maybe this is the problem you are having.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by moy

tnx
Yeah I had that problem also on my Evolva...I switched to the mugen shocks and I must say they're bullet-proof.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am not saying that other brands shocks suck ... but the Kyosho shocks are extremely good shocks. Treat them properly and they'll never let you down!

This is how I do it ... fill them with any silicone oil or thickness that you want ... ensure no air bubbles are left ... put the rubber cup (I only use the original black ones) ... position the plastic top part ... and tighten / close it with the blue alu nut properly (do not use wrench key, only hands!

There is an instruction video somewhere on youtube, if I'm right it is called "building shocks like a pro" ... very illustrative!
Old 12-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moy

tnx
Moy call me.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I found the "instruction video" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixBJu93Qyw

Whether you build anything wrong or not that's the way to do it ...

Let us know if your problem is solved, and how ...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:08 AM
moy
Tech Master

thanks guys.i might change the ballon thing.ive been doing this before when i still have the mrx no problem leaking. but what ive notice even though its leaking im impress with the handling of this car (evolva).

arno ill call you after your race! gudluck get some bling home!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

I own Evolva 03 and wonder if I can upgrade it to 07 spec? If yes what part no do i need?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.