Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Parts Interchangeable?

My previous post to http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/ has a mail order form for parts. The kit comes with a parts list at the end of the manual. You can simply list them on an e-mail to Champ RC and they'll put it together.
All the spares I picked up in Tokyo have "EVOLVA" specifically printed on the part label next to the part number....so I don't know about interchangeability.
Where in SoCal do you guys race? I'm an oldtimer who hasn't raced in ten+ years but I'm getting back into it (obviously).
I'm going to be frequenting the Sun Valley track and I bought a suitcase full of spares....so....I'll sell it to you if I have it.
I'm also going back to Tokyo in August and can pick up more then.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

How is the prices at RCChamp?

Do they compare well to the Hong Kong shops?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

I've only seen RC-mushroom which is a Hong Kong site. They are less than in the USA but Champ RC was cheaper by about $75 on the kit......it's made in Japan - no export taxes/tariffs and B.S.
The going rate seems to be $476 (less depending on exchange rate).
Champ RC has ALL the parts trust me...I grabbed a couple bags of all the plastic parts.
The parts bags also include most of the parts for the region like Mugen does it...example front end a-arms come with two upper and two lower and ALL other small parts. Not only that but the a-arms can work left or right so you have two spares when you buy the packet.
the part that looks most breakable to me is the front bulkhead...FW507 (I think). One bag has both sides and other small related pieces.
I'm sure I'll be crash testing it soon......
Old 03-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Parts Interchangeable?

Originally posted by jkestler
My previous post to http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/ has a mail order form for parts. The kit comes with a parts list at the end of the manual. You can simply list them on an e-mail to Champ RC and they'll put it together.
All the spares I picked up in Tokyo have "EVOLVA" specifically printed on the part label next to the part number....so I don't know about interchangeability.
Where in SoCal do you guys race? I'm an oldtimer who hasn't raced in ten+ years but I'm getting back into it (obviously).
I'm going to be frequenting the Sun Valley track and I bought a suitcase full of spares....so....I'll sell it to you if I have it.
I'm also going back to Tokyo in August and can pick up more then.
Currently in Souther California has three major tracks that race 8th scale:

Sun Valley Micro/KZ Speedway in Burbank (you mentioned this)
Crystal Park Raceway in Compton
Revelation Raceway in Montclair (my personal favorite)

Revelation (in my opinion) has the nicest facility of the three. Covered pits, power, onsite community compressor, hobby shop (Mugen, Assoc, Losi, Serpent, tires). Traction conditions are really good most of the time. Major race events have awesome traction. Very little tire wear. 8th scale is able to almost run 3 qual and a main on one set of tires.

Crystal Park also has a community compressor. Traction conditions are good most if the time with awesome conditions for major events. Tire is not the best but is managable.

KZ Speedway, I have only raced here once. There is decent traction here. The layouts there are pretty fun. The only major complaint I have against this site is the tire wear. The front sweeper is like a brillo pad. 20 mins of running my sedan = 6.5 mm of wear. Hobby shop there with some parts and tires. I believe they have power and pit tables there now too.

Hopefully this helps.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Is that U$476 + shipping for an Evolva kit?

If that is so - woweeee - thats a darn steal!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

$476 plus shipping. They charge 5% for use of a credit card (standard in Japan). The exchange rate last time I checked was 110 yen to $1 or roughly $433 plus 5% plus shipping.

BOUNTY HUNTER
Thanks for the info....back in the old days there was th Ranch Pitstop in Pomona and an indoor track in Yorba Linda.....gone the way of the Dodo many years ago.
Sun Valley is on my way home from work so most convenient.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

$476 plus shipping. They charge 5% for use of a credit card (standard in Japan). The exchange rate last time I checked was 110 yen to $1 or roughly $433 plus 5% plus shipping.

BOUNTY HUNTER
Thanks for the info....back in the old days there was th Ranch Pitstop in Pomona and an indoor track in Yorba Linda.....gone the way of the Dodo many years ago.
Sun Valley is on my way home from work so most convenient.
Is that quote from RC Champ or somewhere else?
Old 03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

That is what I payed for it 4 days ago. I'm still over here in Tokyo. It cost me 47,600 Yen plus the 5% for credit card usage....shipping (which may include export charges) is the only unknown.
This price was fairly consistent. In Akihabara (Electric Town) there are no less than 5 big hobby shops all with in walking distance of each other.....However, Champ RC carried the most 1/8 stuff.
It's strange to note that the MRX3 is actually more expensive here and about the same price as in the USA.

Tech note:MRX3 wheels/tires are the same for Evolva and are interchangeable. Fantom wheels have different offset and should NOT be ordered. (I took apart boxes to compare). The new tires all have both MRX & Evolva on the labels...should start apearing that way soon in the USA
Old 03-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey, i just got the quote from Rchamp today 47600yens plus 2800yens for paypal charges. the same you got.....i use overseas mail order
Old 03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I was quoted 49000 Yen from them yesterday!! Are they trying to cheat me?

The Paypal charges is to add 540 Yen on top of the 49,000 then add shipping and multiply the whole lot by 1.04.

Pretty good price if you pick up I guess.....why do some shop still charge that 4% anyhow?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

forgot to mention, the price they quoted me 47600yens was not including 4% Tax so it should be very close to 49,0000yen they quoted you. however, the EMS shipping is expensive. If I pick up the kits in my country, it only cost about $480US.

Originally posted by gonsped
I was quoted 49000 Yen from them yesterday!! Are they trying to cheat me?

The Paypal charges is to add 540 Yen on top of the 49,000 then add shipping and multiply the whole lot by 1.04.

Pretty good price if you pick up I guess.....why do some shop still charge that 4% anyhow?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

I was quoted 49000Y - BEFORE tax - which is why I wonder why they gave you a cheaper quote.....
Old 03-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

it sounds like that I got a cheaper quote than yours. do a price challenge to them then........
Old 03-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default PARTS!

Tower Hobbies must have been reading because all of a sudden today I looked at their website and....PARTS! search under "F2004" not Evolva. Just days ago that search only brought up the kit ($699 still steep). But today...PARTS!

Anyway I thought that was good news..
Old 03-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: PARTS!

jkestler, i am going to take the kits tomomorrow with my local hobby shop...if you want i can take one for you but i don't exactly know who much to ship by EMS....

Tower Hobbies must have been reading because all of a sudden today I looked at their website and....PARTS! search under "F2004" not Evolva. Just days ago that search only brought up the kit ($699 still steep). But today...PARTS!

Anyway I thought that was good news..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.