Search

TG10R My first nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TG10R My first nitro car

hi guys,

I bought a tg10R which is my first 1:10 scale car. I moved to 1:10 form mini-z (please dont laugh)

I have been reading that this car is not very good so I am a bit disapointed I must say.

Is there anyone who makes nice hop-ups to make it a bit more competivite? I am interested in some alum. parts.

thanks !

in addition, are the mugen and serpent the most competivive cars? and Y is the tg10r such a bad car?
Old 11-27-2003, 11:13 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello

if this is your first nitro touring car, i wouldnt sweat it at all

Chances are, it would be plenty enough for a beginner in the field.

And plus, tamiya quality is unrivalled, they are just GOOD, and that is an understatement.

Cheers`
Old 11-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

have you checked out tamiyanitro.com? post there for info and set ups, they have more tamiya racers. i have a tgr which is the super size version of your tg10r. all my aluminum hop ups i got when i was in japan.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

No worrys THE TG10R is a very very good car. with the right engine and driving skills and set up. You most probally would kept up with the MTX-3 and 705 and the VRR EVO.

Dont worry man you got a good car.
I started with a Nommal TG10. and i still have it for just bashing around my back yard.

BUT THEN THE MTX-3 COMES OUT ON RACE DAYS

LOL CHEERS

what engine do you have in your TG10R??????
Old 11-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: TG10R My first nitro car

Originally posted by Profoxcg
hi guys,

I bought a tg10R which is my first 1:10 scale car. I moved to 1:10 form mini-z (please dont laugh)

I have been reading that this car is not very good so I am a bit disapointed I must say.

Is there anyone who makes nice hop-ups to make it a bit more competivite? I am interested in some alum. parts.

thanks !

in addition, are the mugen and serpent the most competivive cars? and Y is the tg10r such a bad car?
Hi Profoxcg,

If you are looking for Hop Ups, I do have a Tamiya TG10R Ball Diff for sale on ebay (3160035641). You can use it for either the front or rear.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

BUT THEN THE MTX-3 COMES OUT ON RACE DAYS
So I guess you are going to buy one? - cool, I wish I had that kind of cash .. sometime i guess lol

what engine do you have in your TG10R??????
since I was a little low on cash and I am starting out, I bought an OS 12 Cv-R ...

I guess its an ok engine? I need to read up on what makes a good engine and number or ports and all. I am very new to nitro.

If you are looking for Hop Ups, I do have a Tamiya TG10R Ball Diff for sale on ebay (3160035641). You can use it for either the front or rear.
Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for alum parts for my suspension. I feel the plactic is frail. I want to build an enduro car. (this is Y I bought a nitro car, my LHS runs enduros every 2 months almost)
Old 11-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for alum parts for my suspension. I feel the plactic is frail. I want to build an enduro car. (this is Y I bought a nitro car, my LHS runs enduros every 2 months almost) [/B]
Alum parts are heavier than plastic and will bend in a bad crash. The right kind of plastic will work better and are more durable. I don't have the TG10R but I gotta tell you all the top cars (MTX, VOneRR, 705) have plastic suspension arms.

If you upgrade your engine, you WILL be competitive with all the other cars. Shaft drive has some advantages over belt drive and it's up to you to take advantage of it.

If you raced Mini-Z, you should know that cars matter, but driving matters more.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Profoxcg
[B]So I guess you are going to buy one? - cool, I wish I had that kind of cash .. sometime i guess lol
No i already got one ive had it for a while now.

since I was a little low on cash and I am starting out, I bought an OS 12 Cv-R ...
The OS 12Cv-r is a good engine it is pretty quick.
But instead of spending lots of money on Alum i think you should just save up for something like a NOVAROSSI, RB or even Nova JP.

i have a brand new STS D5 in the mail right now. It should be hear on Monday. That only cost me $145US and there ment to be just as good as the Top Engine Brands. Maybe you should think of getting one of these and a TC3 Exgaust.

Then you will be very competive.

CHEERS
Old 11-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

very true.

thank you for the advice.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tg 10R

I have been thinking of buying one cause i race tamiya leccys and would like to stick to one brand.Can u tell me does a pullstart motor fit in the tg10r.

Thanks Jussy.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Pull start engine is not suitable for use at TG10R. The fuel tank obstructs the use of pull start engine and rear exhaust engine. So, the design of TG10R limits the choice of engine. I power my TG10R with a .15 black head O.S. side exhaust engine which run so fast that can race with some touring with 0.12 rear exhaust engine.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

well, I began to break in my motor today and drive around slowly
i am so hocked !! , I like my TG10R seems to handle pretty good. I just need to gue my tires AH!