R40 Price Complete

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default R40 Price Complete

can someone tell me a set up that is good for racing for the r40, within 550
Old 11-27-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Hard to give you actual prices Going on a base price of $250 US for the kit What do you already have? Starter box nitro, bottle& Ignitor?It's going to run $100 to $150 just to start and run the motor.If you don't already have the tools to start its not really going to make it under $700 lest you make alot of REALLY Great deals.You could buy a used motor or a really Crappy new one for $80-$100.if you want an FM radio about$100 plus servo's. one RX pack $15-$25 Cheap Charger $10 Cheap Servo's $15-$25 ea $30-$50 pipe and Manifold $30+..... Guess you Might Make it with Enough Shopping But I'll tell you right now you will Break most of it if it even works to start and will spend an additional $200-$400 to get the right stuff after a month of running it. Cheap is Cheap if you research it hard enough you can find good midrange stuff that will work well and last.You can Blow over a grand to build an R-40 kit right or you can go $750 and hope you did your homework well. or buy all the cheap stuff and then buy it again as it breaks or wearsout after a month or less. New tech is always old a few months later Mid Tech works well for the price for a year or so Cheap Garbage is always cheap garbage and you will Break well before you run the life outta it. Realiscally $550 is the Price to Buy an RTR with fuel Spare parts,tools and running Equipt.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

will there be a r40 RTR?
Old 11-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

no
Old 11-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

if you are looking for a decent car on a budget why dont you purchase a Kyosho V One S or a HPI Nitro 3 SS? I think those cars will perform fine without breaking the bank.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I got my R40 Combo deal from JustRC. I did a price check before and finally ordered from them because their combo deal is really awesome. www.justrc.com
Old 11-27-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by officeneed
I got my R40 Combo deal from JustRC. I did a price check before and finally ordered from them because their combo deal is really awesome. www.justrc.com
Just RC Does have the best price I've seen on the R40 kit/Motor combo But what was your final cost officeneed? I was going to go with the R40 and ended up with the MTX3 Mostly because of recommedations and it just seemed like a bit better car dollar for dollar.My Final Cost was about $900 with Starter Batteries Radio Servos tempGauge failsafe motor and pipe. Don't let the cost of your kit sway you the final price is going to be more on the other stuff you need to run and the parts you need to keep it running.