Search

STS D5 Turbo VS Novarossi JP S3

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

come up man....it's hype...........
Old 11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Yer your right Jps dont have a long life. But if 1/2 the racers at the track you race at have JP S3s and Novarossi S5s you need it to be competive.

My JP i bought around this time last year. So my one it lasting pretty long. But i allways run it pretty Rich not to Rich but rich.
i think thats y it lasted that little bit longer. Becasue only ment to last around 6 mounths.

i ordered the D5 yesterday so it should be hear on MONDAY.

I CANT WAIT.

CHEERS
Old 12-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Interesting discussion. Can't speak for the D5 but the STS 3 ports seemed to be " in the middle of the pack" when it comes to power. I am sure the JP will be at least as fast as the D5. D5 will probably last longer than a JP:s (A standard NS12 will last longe rthan an STS though, all other things being equal) But the STS:s I have tried have all lacked in bottom end, They are good value for what you pay, but not the "ultimate" in power. The STS 3-ports was also a little easier to cook than the Nova Rossi based engines I have tried. For workmanship for sure the STS falls behind the Novas. The STS is not in anyway a bad engine, just a little "cheaper" than the Novas. Great engine for club racing though, especially when you consider that you can buy almost 2 STS:s for the price of one Nova....
Old 12-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I have the new D3 in my TC3 and runs good. a buddy of mine has a JP5 port in a mtx3 on the short runs on a track we were the same untill the long straits the mtx wone every time but then you look at a 3 port to a 5 port and alot more grearing.i am happy with my D3 $150 to $300 wins every time.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs down I HAVE OWNED BOTH (Stefan)

Originally posted by stefan
..and how in the world would you know what's faster?

Did you own both engines for a head to head comparison?
I would`nt touch another STS motor, if you gave me one!!!!
I have owned both, and the STS is a down right PIG! compared to the J/P.
Yes I can tune an engine! MTX3RACER has seen my car run
ask him about my 6.5 minute pit stops, at a temputure of
204deg. on a track with a 180 ft. straight.

Dont get me wrong, if you pull them apart and do some work they will run better but out of the box????????????
Old 12-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I have owned both engine too. After running in the D5, it gave me a very short sweet time but worn out quickly. May be I leaned it too much in order to extract its power to compete with others. Of course, the JP is much more powerful than the D5. I bought the JP S3 in two years ago and which still running very well. However, I have replaced the conrod twice in order to maintain the peak performance and the life of the engine.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by utopian
I have owned both engine too. After running in the D5, it gave me a very short sweet time but worn out quickly.
So it's the same thing with the older STS RS3 engines then that the piston sleeve wears out quick...

How is the condition of the D5 conrod? Better than the one found in the older engine?
Old 12-04-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

The piston and sleeve worn out more quickly than the time to check the condition of the bushing of the conrod. So, I have no idea on the durability of the conrod.