R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Shepherd Velox V10 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/283139-shepherd-velox-v10.html)

occ 03-17-2009 10:22 PM

Shepherd Velox V10

Just found some pictures of the new Velox V10. A mini version of the 8th scale.

How nice does it look?:nod:

1evo RRR Driver 03-20-2009 03:13 PM

update please

Team shepherd can you please update us on the testing of the v10! Car looks very promising!

DS Motorsport 03-20-2009 03:26 PM

On these pictures the car uses the xray nt1 gearbox??. :weird:
It's exactly the same.

1evo RRR Driver 03-20-2009 03:31 PM

prob cause Xray diffs are the perfect size,,and close to as small as a diff can get,,I wish Kyosho would make the RRR's a little smaller(hint-hint):cry: so we can use the Evolva ankerman with the diff:flaming:

Riketsu 03-21-2009 07:17 AM

With a rear upper arm instead of a link, looks like they went back a few years. (Just my opinion :sweat: )

Josh Cyrul 03-24-2009 06:48 AM

DS Motorsport - They are testing a lot of different parts and configurations to find the best performance. I spoke with Patrick and I know extensive testing is being done before production so I am sure that it will change in looks slightly for production and of course all the parts will be 100% Shepherd.

Riketsu - Actually, I used to always use the Kyosho optional upper arm that had a long shoulder screw with bearings in the inner part of the arm. This helped keep the rear suspension stiff and consistant, especially in temperature changes. This is one of the points I actually really like about the car..... Just my opinion...lol....:nod:

Riketsu 03-26-2009 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 5590579)
Riketsu - Actually, I used to always use the Kyosho optional upper arm that had a long shoulder screw with bearings in the inner part of the arm. This helped keep the rear suspension stiff and consistant, especially in temperature changes. This is one of the points I actually really like about the car..... Just my opinion...lol....:nod:

Yeah, I used that when I ran Kyosho.

Anyways, I hope everything goes good with Sheperd, Josh.

chuyz06 03-26-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 5590579)
DS Motorsport - They are testing a lot of different parts and configurations to find the best performance. I spoke with Patrick and I know extensive testing is being done before production so I am sure that it will change in looks slightly for production and of course all the parts will be 100% Shepherd.

josh you got pm.

Josh Cyrul 05-08-2009 08:40 AM

Hey Everyone,

Here's a link to a youtube video of the V10's initial roll out run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsSMaR9TWdQ

Currently, there are two prototypes running and there are two more being built. I should have mine soon so it looks like the MWS in Racine maybe my first time out with the car. If all goes well and they are able to get some spares I will race the Capitol Classic @ 301 with the car also!!

Later!:sneaky:

GREGORY! 05-08-2009 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 5786513)
Hey Everyone,

Currently, there are two prototypes running and there are two more being built. I should have mine soon so it looks like the MWS in Racine maybe my first time out with the car. If all goes well and they are able to get some spares I will race the Capitol Classic @ 301 with the car also!!

josh do you know what engine was in there?

stefan 05-08-2009 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 5786513)
Hey Everyone,

Hi Josh,

I hope you'll be able to contribute to this car, because so far it looks like a dud on the track.:rolleyes:

Good luck with it, I mean it!:nod:

Josh Cyrul 05-08-2009 02:44 PM

stefan - I'm guessing with a comment like that you have seen it/driven it and compared it to other cars out there?? The 1/8 was really impressive and I'm not worried about the 1/10. I'll know more and again test/report my findings from our tracks here in the US - especially Toledo where I have a lot of time with the RRR and the NT1.

nitro ho 05-08-2009 03:00 PM

Josh i wouldn`t worry about that turd sTEFFAN,he`s always commenting about shit he doesn`t know about. look at his avartar, that should tell you something. From what i hear it`s the serpents in his part of the woods that are pissing on him, and that`s a fact.

Josh Cyrul 05-08-2009 03:09 PM

nitro - Lol... Trust me, I am not worried but it is disappointing to see someone make a comment like that. Knowing a lot about prototyping and development it's really hard to just go and test/learn with a new project like the V10 as everyone will have a very close eye on you. Usually production cars are so much better than prototypes just in the plastics and revisions than the origional test cars. Not to mention when you actually have time to learn the proper set-ups and develope the car. Anyway, it's fun to have people like Stefan out there so you have good motivation...lol... :lol::nod:

nitro ho 05-08-2009 03:17 PM

You da man Josh:nod:.
Don`t worry i have the utmost faith in you and the guys over at shepherd that the v10 will be a very fast car, besides i think, if the gave you one of those tyco rc cars you`ll probably win any race you compete in:nod:, anyway good luck with your new team , and best of luck:nod:.