Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Shepherd Velox V10 >

Shepherd Velox V10

Shepherd Velox V10

Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by MrSlow; 02-25-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

@ olhipster1:

if you have the old knuckles the bearing play should be quite big; you can get the new knuckles free of charge through your local dealer or distributor.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

the v10 'eleven' is now in stock over in the uk, so should be available everywhere anytime
Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

beautiful kit. everything fits together smoothly like butter. i am loving it.
you also get the original parts as well as the upgrades. accidentally i installed the original diff shafts (too much excitement, too little attention) so I am keeping the ultra light ones as spares.

everything is divided nicely into individual bags and each bag has smaller bag insides with all the parts needed in each step in the manual. it makes it so easy to assemble when you don't have a million screws of different sizes in a bag.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by omegaf
beautiful kit. everything fits together smoothly like butter. i am loving it.
you also get the original parts as well as the upgrades. accidentally i installed the original diff shafts (too much excitement, too little attention) so I am keeping the ultra light ones as spares.

everything is divided nicely into individual bags and each bag has smaller bag insides with all the parts needed in each step in the manual. it makes it so easy to assemble when you don't have a million screws of different sizes in a bag.
Glad you like it mate! Spoke to Dave the other day n he said he was sending the 1st kit out to someone in London, I guessed it was you

Enjoy
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

haha, most likely it was me.
yea the kit is lovely. so far i haven't had to sand down anything to make it fit. everything goes together smoothly.
the only funny thing is how the suspension and steering arms move as the drive rotates but i gather that this is a universal downside of all CVD. I am guessing a 5 min run will wear it down enough to make it smooth. The shafts fit quite tightly in the diff cups despite the gratuitous graphite grease application.
The only other thing was a tiny screw missing from the pack but it didn't prevent me from putting everything together, I am just missing one of the small screws that hold the brake disks to the rear diff. Dave is sending me a pack of screws so all is good. It would work as it is anyhow because there are 3 other screws holding the disk to the diff. From the looks of it, 2 screws is enough to hold the disks to the diff.
I am now putting together the servo saver. The instructions are so clear and easy to follow. Everything is in steps and each step has a corresponding bag that includes all the parts you need for the step so i don't have a million screws all over the place and i don't have to go through dozens of plastic parts to find the one i want.
The kit is beautifully engineered and designed and cost much less than my first kit which was full of problems.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey Guy's,

Got my Velox V10 2010 a couple of weeks ago, I have built and had it on the track last week and I tell you now it will take a lot to get me away from this car it is so easy to build easier to maintain nad so far with a few little adjustments easier to drive.

So far working on the car it seems every thing is very simple it took only a couple of minutes to change out the front gear diff to a spool diff and not much longer to change the rear diff oil a well.

The only downfall I have so far found with the car is the guy driving it .

Couple of small things to take not when building would be when assemblying the 2 speed you may need to trim down the OD of the head of the screw so it dosn't bind at all in the change of gear and also possibly a 2-3mm shorter srcew. The only other issue I found was some vertical movement in the servo saver so I placed a small shim between the radio tray and servo saver bearing and this fixed the issue straight away.

All the early issues when the car was first released have been rectified like the sloop in the hubs etc.

I have placed the kit setup on the car it was very balanced straight out of the box. I think some little tweaks with the shock oils and springs this car will be awesome.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

ok mine is now waiting for servos and engine. I mounted the receiver (spektrum 3300 telemetry) and i noticed that the receiver hands about 1mm below the chassis. with the suspension fully compressed the receiver hits the ground. is there anything i can do to prevent this? I would also like to prevent the chassis from hitting the ground at full compression of the suspension. I figured that i can achieve this by adjusting the screws on the dampers but then that will also make the suspension stiffer. any ideas?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

ok mine is now waiting for servos and engine. I mounted the receiver (spektrum 3300 telemetry) and i noticed that the receiver hands about 1mm below the chassis. with the suspension fully compressed the receiver hits the ground. is there anything i can do to prevent this? I would also like to prevent the chassis from hitting the ground at full compression of the suspension. I figured that i can achieve this by adjusting the screws on the dampers but then that will also make the suspension stiffer. any ideas?
You can buy the enclosed receiver case which sites a bit higher and also protects the receiver. Can't remeber part number but it is a Shepherd product.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the part your local Shepherd dealer should be able to sort it out for you.

Last edited by Mike Schroder; 10-25-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

you must be running quite a larger receiver if it sticking out the bottom of chassis mate, i run futaba which are large compared the the like of ko and spektrum and mine has easily 3-4 mm clearance, all i can suggest is add shims or washers to raise the receiver mount up slightly on the radio tray
as for the chassis, if you still planning on not running on a track with the car your gona struggle not to mark the underside of your chassis if thats what your after mate
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

well i had mounted the receiver under the top deck and that made it hang lower than the chassis. now i mounted it on top of the top deck and it is well above the ground.
The instruction manual shows the receiver mounted under the top deck and the screws on top. That made my receiver hang below the chassis. Mounting it on top gives me lots of clearance from the ground. it's a spektrum 3300T
Old 03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2011 Shepherd Cup Malaysia w/ Jilles Groskamp TQ

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2011 Shepherd Cup Malaysia w/ Jilles Groskamp TQ
Old 03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Where can I get the Shepherd Shock Tool?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Z
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nomorals09
Where can I get the Shepherd Shock Tool?
I would also like to know this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.