R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 AM   #1231
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslow View Post
looking for some teamC parts
A man of few words, or simply unpolite?

I'd say, keep looking!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #1232
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default

Speaking of light weight 2 speed shafts why dont shepherd make a light weight 2 speed shaft? Will the xray light weight2 speed shaft work in the v10 ?
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #1233
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
Speaking of light weight 2 speed shafts why dont shepherd make a light weight 2 speed shaft? Will the xray light weight2 speed shaft work in the v10 ?
Use the Team C shaft. It's very good. The X-ray will not fit.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #1234
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Use the Team C shaft. It's very good. The X-ray will not fit.
anyone from the Delaware area going to the glc
goslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #1235
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslow View Post
anyone from the Delaware area going to the glc

Yes. I will be there (g-Mac) Tory Skyers, both running Shepherd. Drew Q is going with us as well. A large group from NYC will be out there too.
Will we see you there?
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #1236
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Yes. I will be there (g-Mac) Tory Skyers, both running Shepherd. Drew Q is going with us as well. A large group from NYC will be out there too.
Will we see you there?
im trying to get the friday and the monday off right it dont look good
goslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #1237
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslow View Post
im trying to get the friday and the monday off right it dont look good
It is an easy 500 mile ride. I won't be taking Monday off. Just going right to work when I get home.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #1238
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Man .. its not often that i post in threads, but... G-Mac built my last shepherd for me and put a setup on it. First time i ran it was at Joliet and direct qualified in the b main. on top of that the car had pace for the a main but i just didn't push it hard ... i mean it was a Sunday drive.


Listen to what he has to say about setup on this car. look forward tome being in the a at the GLC!!
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #1239
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Man .. its not often that i post in threads, but... G-Mac built my last shepherd for me and put a setup on it. First time i ran it was at Joliet and direct qualified in the b main. on top of that the car had pace for the a main but i just didn't push it hard ... i mean it was a Sunday drive.


Listen to what he has to say about setup on this car. look forward tome being in the a at the GLC!!
my servo saver have a lot play in not side to side but up and down
goslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #1240
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslow View Post
my servo saver have a lot play in not side to side but up and down
I hade this, put a 0.1mm shim on top of the bearing before you put the radio plate on.
aaron w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #1241
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default v10 setup

g87z i need a good setup for my v10 also you seen my car around the track at bd my rear is loose
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #1242
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default v10 setup

g87z i need a good setup for my v10 also you seen my car around the track at bd my rear is loose
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #1243
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default correct shock length for v10

anyone know the correct shock length for the front and rear shock for the v10? the tech area on shepherds web site says the front are 69.5 mm and the rears are 74.0 mm i remember seeing somewhere that this wrong. shocks are to long and you cant adjust ride height. i goggled i cant seem to find it. i do remember seeing it somewhere when i first brought the car
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #1244
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 64
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default v10 twelve kit

Brother and I decided to get a v10 twelve kit and so far, have to say we're both not very impressed. We built our first kit about 6mths ago which was the NT1 and had absolutely no issues. I must point out that we don't regret getting the car and look forward to finising it and putting it on the track but wanted to share some of the issues we have faced so far.

Both kits had missing parts & screws. To make things worse, the bearing on the 2 speed clutch bell didn't allow the shaft to fit through which the distributor had to replace.

The middle shaft don't fit through the bearings easily. takes a bit of forcing to get through. Changed the pulleys to the kevlar ones and as a result the screw holding the front eccentric had to be changed to a shorter one because it rubs against the pulley on the front diff. This is not mentioned anywhere that I have found.

On top of that, the steering turnbuckle which connects to the servo rubs against the front bulk head. The supplementary instructions that come with the 12 kit tells you to cut the plastic ball end for the rear roll bar but doesn't say how much to cut off. The instructions are no where near the quality of the NT1. They don't give you any dimensions on how much of the screws to leave out.

Luckily I've had plenty of support from the distributor to rectify the issues and get the car going so a big thanks to Derrick.

Last edited by Mickzo; 08-21-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: To clarify post
Mickzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #1245
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,281
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickzo View Post
Brother and I decided to get a v10 twelve kit and so far, have to say we're both not very impressed. We built our first kit about 6mths ago which was the NT1 and had absolutely no issues. I must point out that we don't regret getting the car and look forward to finising it and putting it on the track but wanted to share some of the issues we have faced so far.

Both kits had missing parts & screws. To make things worse, the bearing on the 2 speed clutch bell didn't allow the shaft to fit through which the distributor had to replace.

The middle shaft don't fit through the bearings easily. takes a bit of forcing to get through. Changed the pulleys to the kevlar ones and as a result the screw holding the front eccentric had to be changed to a shorter one because it rubs against the pulley on the front diff. This is not mentioned anywhere that I have found.

On top of that, the steering turnbuckle which connects to the servo rubs against the front bulk head. The supplementary instructions that come with the 12 kit tells you to cut the plastic ball end for the rear roll bar but doesn't say how much to cut off. The instructions are no where near the quality of the NT1. They don't give you any dimensions on how much of the screws to leave out.

I've had plenty of support from the distributor to rectify the issues but I definitely would not recommend the velox to another person unless they are very proficient at kit building and car setup as well have good support from their distributor or hobby shop like I have received.
I did experience the same problem with the two-speed shaft and bearings. Outside of that, the rest of the car was very easy to assemble. Nothing was missing and was easy to locate in the bags. Not sure why you had such trouble understanding the instructions. Every instruction manual isn't going to be real glossy and have super-detailed wording for every step, but at this stage, you're expected to have some knowledge about assembling things. I found the manual very easy to follow. Honestly, outside of the bearing issue (every build usually has some sort of rough spot) the rest of the car was a breeze!
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro On-Road Addict sa RC Manila Racers 12522 12-27-2015 05:51 PM
Sheperd Velox moy Nitro On-Road 585 04-19-2012 09:51 AM
Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10 Geberit Nitro On-Road 27 07-06-2009 04:28 PM
Upgrade/ RCiD ryno1922 Nitro On-Road 26 03-31-2009 01:49 PM
Shepherd Velox V10 macaurc Nitro On-Road 31 03-02-2009 08:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net