Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The brakes on the V8 and V10 are pretty unique - The brake rotors are actually hard anodized aluminum and the brake pads are a hard blue rubber (it's crazy that it works so well). Because of this combination, there is no warm-up time for the brakes to work. They work at all temps and don't get hot like other brakes (maybe just from the heat of the engine/car). The rotors are solid mounted to the solid axle (V8) and are solid mounted to the differential (V10) so there is no vibration from the brake rotor bouncing around on the 2-speed shaft. Also, you don't have to worry about the pin holes in the brake rotors elongating from hours of use - again, they are solid mounted so this is not a problem. I'm pretty hard on the brakes and have had no problems with the brakes at all this year. Really, they have been quite impressive to me as I've always struggled to get strong enough, consistant brakes that don't change.

The fuel tank will be the more clear plastic like the 1/8 car. The prototypes have been using an Xray tank that doesn't really fit the car correctly. Also, some of the images that were released were with a rapid prototype tank that was made from a white, plastic material. You will be able to see the fuel easily with the production tank.

The throttle linkage will clear easily. Again, things are a little strange with the prototype because the Xray tank is slightly wider than the production V10 tank. Also, the V10 tank will sit much cleaner/lower in the car than the prototypes with the Xray tank. I was able to see the prototype tanks and really they look pretty nice with a few details and features to clear the parts underneath the tank. For sure, this car will have one of if not the lowest CG's out there.

The rear shocks are the rear most item on the car so I'm not sure if we will have problems with this. I don't think it will be a big issue unless you do get smashed from behind by another car or hit something and go into a wall backwards quite hard. Really, if I count the # of times either of these have happened to me over the last few years I would say 2-3 in which it took out the shock tower, back plate and upper bulkheads (on my Xray and RRR) so really if you are in a hard crash like this, something has to give.... Six of one, half a dozen of another....
Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 PM
MCL
Tech Initiate

That is true. I guess I was just concerned because I recently had a bad crash at Crystal Park during practice when my car oversteered coming out of the back straight and spun right into the tire wall rear end first. However, I am excited about the release of this car especially since this will most likely be my upgrade to my ancient NTC3. Well this or the 733 but leaning more towards the v10. Thanks for the quick response Josh, really appreciate the insider's updates with the production of this car.

Last edited by MCL; 07-06-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Josh thank you for the explanation on the brakes.

As MCL mentioned, this might be my upgrade from my LD3
Just need to find a Hobby Shop that is going to carry the line.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

sebtarta - If you have a regular hobby shop that you deal with then you can always have them contact us to set-up an account. Also, there are several on-line shops that are supporting Shepherd/CEFX now. A-Main Hobbies already has a good stock of V8 parts and we are shipping out Ashford Hobby's first order today. Slowly but surely we are improving the dealer network across the US so hopefully you should have no problem finding anything you need!!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good to hear that Robert is going to carry the stuff. I might have to give him a ring.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingracer
Good to hear that Robert is going to carry the stuff. I might have to give him a ring.

Hi Pal, Remember mi, Fatboy where we used to chat. U intend to run the new V8 ?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Suspended

Default PRE ORDER

Pre-ordering started, ask your dealer for pricing information.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Hello Everyone - Yes, we did recieve kit pricing this morning and here's what we are looking at:

Retail Price about $550.00
Street Price ranging $490-$510

As soon as I recieve all the parts listing/pricing we will send it out to our dealers and start taking pre-orders. Due to minor delays (and the WC in Lostallo) we are looking at late August delivery.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hello Everyone - Yes, we did recieve kit pricing this morning and here's what we are looking at:

Retail Price about $550.00
Street Price ranging $490-$510

As soon as I recieve all the parts listing/pricing we will send it out to our dealers and start taking pre-orders. Due to minor delays (and the WC in Lostallo) we are looking at late August delivery.

Josh when are we going to be able to order off your site???

See you at the GLC...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

THeGame - Have you looked at it?? It's getting closer!! I've been working on everything all day yesterday and hopefully more today.... Soon, very soon!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Testing / Build

Hey Josh ,
Do you have any sort of an update on the v10 ? Had a chance to run it yet ? Or do any build work on it. Any news would be great just need a bit of a fix to get by.
Regards Noel
Old 07-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Waiting for some news too
Old 07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

He ran it yesterday in Toledo. He said it was........nahh I'll let him explain it.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Andy who?
He ran it yesterday in Toledo. He said it was........nahh I'll let him explain it.
He said it was ?????? please insert description. or Any thing will do just need something to ponder be it good or more work needed.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Whatever he said... IT TQ'ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.