R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #1141
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default upgrade cvds

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Bigtee,
May I ask what is wrong with the ones that come with the kit?
nothing just was wondering if any other cvds will fit the car
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #1142
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
nothing just was wondering if any other cvds will fit the car
You will have to change the knuckles in order to get other CVDs to fit. The Velox V10 CVDs are very short so it does not leave many options to swap with another brand.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #1143
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default life battery peck

what life battery pack will fit the v10
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #1144
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
what life battery pack will fit the v10
This one fits with room to spare and the capacity is good for at least an hour....

http://www.hyperion-eu.com/products/...-FG305-0850-2S

stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #1145
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
This one fits with room to spare and the capacity is good for at least an hour....

http://www.hyperion-eu.com/products/...-FG305-0850-2S


Yep! That is the one I used in the past. I now use the NIMH for weight. If you need NIMH battery for the shepherd I know a local guy in NJ that will build you packs.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #1146
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

There is any other a little higher in capacity LIFE that fits on Velox V10 ?

thanks
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #1147
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default nimh battery packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Yep! That is the one I used in the past. I now use the NIMH for weight. If you need NIMH battery for the shepherd I know a local guy in NJ that will build you packs.
can you take some pics of the battery pack that he builds for the v10 and his info i want to get a couple made. thanks send me a pm. trying to get my v10 ready for Blue diamond this year
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #1148
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,320
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I should have Brass motor mounts finished for both the V8 and V10 by the end of next week, I will post some pics when they are done.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source
POWER MASTER Fuel,
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #1149
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
There is any other a little higher in capacity LIFE that fits on Velox V10 ?

thanks
Unfortunately I haven't found any of as good a quality as the hyperion that will fit the v10, however that being said I've run for an hour and 15 minutes on that pack 2 savox digital servos.
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #1150
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
can you take some pics of the battery pack that he builds for the v10 and his info i want to get a couple made. thanks send me a pm. trying to get my v10 ready for Blue diamond this year
I'm rebuilding my site because my ISP is terrible so it will be a little before all the functionality returns. However you can check out the packs here:

http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle..._display_media


They are graded to weed out weak cells, matched, then hand assembled with high silver solder and solid novak mini bars and 1000w of super powered solid core copper iron to heat quickly and not put that heat into the cell. The leads can be servo style or jst (red battery style).

I learned allot making nimh packs for micro racing haha figured I'd put it to good use in nitro =D.

Should be available on the web soon, and you can always just pm me and I'll get you setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Shepherd Velox V10-velox-016.jpg  
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #1151
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default nimh packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
I'm rebuilding my site because my ISP is terrible so it will be a little before all the functionality returns. However you can check out the packs here:

http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle..._display_media


They are graded to weed out weak cells, matched, then hand assembled with high silver solder and solid novak mini bars and 1000w of super powered solid core copper iron to heat quickly and not put that heat into the cell. The leads can be servo style or jst (red battery style).

I learned allot making nimh packs for micro racing haha figured I'd put it to good use in nitro =D.

Should be available on the web soon, and you can always just pm me and I'll get you setup.
how much would they be i want two
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #1152
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
how much would they be i want two
25$

I also cover them for 90 days w/ no hassle warranty, yes user error is covered, just ask G87z =D. You pay shipping.
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #1153
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default nimh battery packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
25$

I also cover them for 90 days w/ no hassle warranty, yes user error is covered, just ask G87z =D. You pay shipping.
ok i want two pm me you paypal info
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #1154
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
ok i want two pm me you paypal info

On it's way!
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #1155
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
I should have Brass motor mounts finished for both the V8 and V10 by the end of next week, I will post some pics when they are done.
I'm looking for a brass battery tray for Velox V8'11. Is the one listed on your site for sedan or 8th scale?
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro On-Road Addict sa RC Manila Racers 12522 12-27-2015 05:51 PM
Sheperd Velox moy Nitro On-Road 585 04-19-2012 09:51 AM
Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10 Geberit Nitro On-Road 27 07-06-2009 04:28 PM
Upgrade/ RCiD ryno1922 Nitro On-Road 26 03-31-2009 01:49 PM
Shepherd Velox V10 macaurc Nitro On-Road 31 03-02-2009 08:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net