Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Shepherd Velox V10 >

Shepherd Velox V10

Shepherd Velox V10

Old 08-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

would anyone know if pinions from other manufacturers fit the V10?

Reason is, that I have a couple of IDM clutches which I would like to use on the V10 if I switched, but I can't find a clutchbell for the V10.

Thx.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, i´m using the Kyosho Pinions in my v10, i have to do this because the 16t pinion it´s hard to get for me i live in México, the stock velox clutch works great!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys any input on the Worlds. What was used, how did the chassis perform etc etc.. Well done for the great result.

Gus
Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lrmc
Hi, i´m using the Kyosho Pinions in my v10, i have to do this because the 16t pinion it´s hard to get for me i live in México, the stock velox clutch works great!!!
Thank you, good info.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any chance of getting Marc's set-up from the Worlds?

Ciao
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

@ Jaykay:

to install the clutch please follow the instructions below:

- tighten the nut until you see 0,35mm of the thread (page 21, instruction manual)
- remove the inner bearing, put the bell with the outer bearing on the crankshaft and set your calliper to zero
- add shims and the inner bearing until you have a gap of ~0,5mm.
- mount the thrust bearing holder with thrust bearing and add shims until you have a minimal play (~0,1mm)
- ready to go

@ Geberit:

at the moment Alex is working on the setup of Marc, it will be published in the next days

@ Pro Models:

We used some new pre production lightweight parts, that will be announced soon.

Additionally we received a small batch of new uprights with no play between the plastic and the ball bearings. The complete production should arrive soon. We will send out some replacements to our distributors as soon as they are available.

The performance of the V10 was really nice, in timed practise my best laptime was 16,9 sec. Also the other drivers were happy with the performance, but had some bad luck.

CU
Patrick
Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the reply Patrick. Looking forward to the new parts.

Could you please indicate what battery you guys were using? Was it a lipo one?

Tks Gus
Old 08-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi,

any info who is going to drive for Team Shepherd next week in Gothenburg and are there perhaps any local V10 drivers that can surprise the big drivers?

Ciao
Old 08-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

From the factory team the following drivers will attend:

Marc Rheinard
Daniele Ielasi
Jilles Groskamp
Martin Lissau
myself

Alex Scholl, Alex Kempe and Armin will join us as mechanics. We will also have our service boxes at the track. If anybody needs something and he can't get it from the local dealers, we will have it.

Best regards
Patrick
Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone tried the team CSO on V10?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by silverM3
anyone tried the team CSO on V10?
where can you get these parts from id like the pullys?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default servo saver spring!!

is any1 having problems with the servo saver spring being to soft??
is there any other spring out there that fits or a remedy for this?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by big-l
is any1 having problems with the servo saver spring being to soft??
is there any other spring out there that fits or a remedy for this?
Yes,there is an optional hard spring available from Shepherd.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone,

We just finished up the GLC in Toledo and had a pretty sucessfull weekend with the V10, V8 as well as Shepherd's tires. At the GLC, we had a lot of the top US racers show up including the current WC Ralph Burch.

In the 1/10 class, I was able to TQ followed by Ralph and Tosso. Ralph was really quick but I squeeked out TQ which definatly felt good to be so much more on pace than I previously was in Houston. In the final, I was leading over Ralph a few minutes in when I suffered 2 flame outs that put me nearly 2 laps down. I was able to come back through the field fairly quickly and was back in second by the 20 minute mark followed by Tosso, Power and Flack. From there, I tried to keep pushing the car and close the gap to Ralph but with about 3 minutes to go I was 3-4 second from getting back on the lead lap when the rear belt went. I cruised around the last bit and held onto 2nd place. Considering that Ralph is fresh off the biggest win of his career and that we were so much faster than everyone else I think it was a great event for myself and the V10. Ralph had me on hot lap by only .002 of a second and without the flame outs it could have been a great race.

In 1/8, I struggled in qualifying but Shepherd tires were TQ with Ralph using them on his Mugen. In the main, I got my car working much better and had a perfect start jumping to 3rd on the opening lap. After that Ralph rolled his car at the end of the straight and Swauger flamed out put me out in front with a 3/4 lap lead. Most of the other racers were on either a 1-2 tire change stratagy and I planned no change as my car was able to keep pace but not destroy the tires. With about 8 minutes to go, I was right behind Paul Ciccerello (eventual winner) after he came out for his tire change but unfortunetly he crashed and I was collected taking out my steering linkage. With that, I was finished but with 8 minutes to go and plenty of tire left to battle with anyone.

Overall it was disapointing but the weekend had it's high points. Shepherd tires TQ'd both 1/10 and 1/8 open classes. The V10 was TQ in 1/10. Plus, the V10 and V8 led laps in both finals and definatly had a chance in 1/10 and had the race covered in 1/8 when trouble struck.

I think Mark Sweeny will be posting my 1/8 set-up from the race (almost same as last year) and I will work on my V10 set-up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.