R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #856
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyz View Post
Also i was wondering how long are the hardened aluminum pinnions lasting. Im coming over from kyosho in which i used steel pinnions and they lasted forever. Just trying to get a general idea of what spares i need to order thank you.
Long. We, Shepherd drivers 1:8 scale use these kind of pinions for a long time. Be aware that a 1:8 car engine has more power and the car weight is higher so it should wear faster. At the end its all about "how often are you driving and using the car"...

I would expect that you would use 2 sets over a whole year.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #857
Tech Apprentice

Gooood morning:
also here i need to bring some informations:

Aluminium Wheelaxles: We now are running these things since two weeks, and we are very very happe with them. We only destroyed one lossing a wheel !!!

Break pads: Do not waste youre time sanding your break pads, build the car and run it, after 10 minutes of driving it is ok.

Pinions: As posted before it is addicted to the track and the surface you are running. If you have a clean track withhout dust they last hundreds of years.
If you have a dusty track, or if you run the car under wet conditions you can destroy them within one day !!! Thas it ! And one mistake i can look at many times is that many guys are running the spur gears until they will fall apart !!
If you have a bad sour gear the wear of the pinions will also be higher !!

Pinions and gears in the kit: Included in the kit is a 54 and a 59 spur gear, and the pinions are 17 and 21.
Optional we have 53 and 55, 58 and 60, and we have 16 and 18, 22 and 23.

And again some additional informations, we confirmed the front bumper and the new body posts and of course the new excentrics for the front, they should be available pretty soon, and also we finished the tests with the new preshaped plastic parts. They are way stronger then before, the ballbearing fits much better and we are happy with these new parts. I gues also these parts should be in stock soon. Probably there will be a free upgrade for the sold kits, hopefully completely free, but anyway for a special special price !!

The bumper, the body posts and the excentrics will be available as an optional part.

So stay tuned for more the next weeks, pictures and more information will follow on our website !!

have a nice day

Alex
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 AM   #858
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Gooood morning:
also here i need to bring some informations:

Aluminium Wheelaxles: We now are running these things since two weeks, and we are very very happe with them. We only destroyed one lossing a wheel !!!

Break pads: Do not waste youre time sanding your break pads, build the car and run it, after 10 minutes of driving it is ok.

Pinions: As posted before it is addicted to the track and the surface you are running. If you have a clean track withhout dust they last hundreds of years.
If you have a dusty track, or if you run the car under wet conditions you can destroy them within one day !!! Thas it ! And one mistake i can look at many times is that many guys are running the spur gears until they will fall apart !!
If you have a bad sour gear the wear of the pinions will also be higher !!

Pinions and gears in the kit: Included in the kit is a 54 and a 59 spur gear, and the pinions are 17 and 21.
Optional we have 53 and 55, 58 and 60, and we have 16 and 18, 22 and 23.

And again some additional informations, we confirmed the front bumper and the new body posts and of course the new excentrics for the front, they should be available pretty soon, and also we finished the tests with the new preshaped plastic parts. They are way stronger then before, the ballbearing fits much better and we are happy with these new parts. I gues also these parts should be in stock soon. Probably there will be a free upgrade for the sold kits, hopefully completely free, but anyway for a special special price !!

The bumper, the body posts and the excentrics will be available as an optional part.

So stay tuned for more the next weeks, pictures and more information will follow on our website !!

have a nice day

Alex
Could you supply the part numbers on this thread when the parts become available. What is your website address?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #859
Tech Apprentice

hi,
team-shepherd.com
There you will find the distributor for your country
Alex
Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #860
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thank you for the quick response i see imma like the team support of this car already
Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #861
Tech Rookie

FOR COUPE

Hi,
My name is Antonio, I write from italy.
I recently purchased a shepherd velox v10.
I mounted the machine and when I was about to set-up the car I realized that the frame is not straight!
Putting the car on the steps (Hudy) frame is not stationary but moves much!
It can be a manufacturing defect?
how can I do?
veteq31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #862
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default gears

Need a little help....stripped two set of gears...seems like the kit gears don't mesh very well
Anyone have any advice? should I be trying to use a different combination with the kit pinions.

Thanks

by the way first time out with the car and it was fabulous. this car handles turns perfectly, left to right transitions are just nuts.
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #863
Tech Apprentice

Hey there,
i am sorry to hear somebody again stripped his gears. But honestly i can not undertand why !!! We never stripped a gear, ok if you "find" a stone or something on the track, yes you can. But with normal use, even without the right chassis brace, we didnīt strip gears. You have to take care of the gap between the pinions and the gears, maybe this is a problem !?!?

Alex
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #864
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Stripped gear

Yes....only bad thing on the car so far..
I actually had two people help with gear mesh.....so I'm pretty sure it's was set correctly.
first time the inside gear stripped then the outer gear.......
Raced on a prepped track which appeared to be super clean.

just looks like the mesh doesn't seat right.....55 tooth and 59....
started with a 54 tooth and 59 tooth....
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #865
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Need a little help....stripped two set of gears...seems like the kit gears don't mesh very well
Anyone have any advice? should I be trying to use a different combination with the kit pinions.

Thanks

by the way first time out with the car and it was fabulous. this car handles turns perfectly, left to right transitions are just nuts.
I know this problem, had it on my 733, maybe the distance between first and second gear (plastic ones) are to big when force gets too high and gear shifts into second. A 0,1mm shim between second speed clutch and first gear pinion maybe will helb, because than there is not so much movement between the two plastic gears!!!
velorossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #866
Tech Regular

Hey guys anyone interested im selling one of my hardly used V10s at a very good price.
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 AM   #867
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to chris-steele

Has anyone tryed the new Protoform P56 on the V10 yet? and if so what mounting position works well?

Murnan Modified Europe csicracing@hotmail.com
chris-steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #868
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-steele View Post
Has anyone tryed the new Protoform P56 on the V10 yet? and if so what mounting position works well?
I am using the p56 on my v10 and love it, I am a serious body critic, and I have given just about everybody a try, now maybe I didn't always mount them n the perfect spot to get the exact handeling I was looking for, but until the p56 for 6yrs I hav always went back to stratus!!!!but not this time, this body generates more rear downforce than my 3.1 and has more on/power steering than my strat, pitted em bck/bck Sunday, I will post later where I hav it mounted, where should I measure from to get mounting position?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #869
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Alex any idea when we will b able to order the stronger plastics? I'm n the states and I'm always running on 2x or trex decking type tracks.....
Thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #870
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

Body:
We had some tests last week and this weekens we will have an EFRA GP in Ettlingen.
We tried ALL bodies, but i think the P56 is really good. It feels reaaly perfect in handling and gives really good laptimes.
Unfortunately we can not use it this weekend as it haves no EFRA number !!!
Yesterday the P was for sure 0,2 faster then any other !!!!
I will let you now more tonight.

Plastics: I guess they should come in the next 2 weeks. We did some more small changes so we have a delay again, but the result should be perfect, so please be patient.

Of to Ettlingen, nice race with Patrick, Marc, Martin, Remy and Seb. Hopefully the weather gets better !!!

Alex