R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default 1st outing

BT how did the shakedown go with the v10 at RAMS? Likes/dislikes? 2 of us were headed there, but norcal had 7 for sedan.......
Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #782
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
BT how did the shakedown go with the v10 at RAMS? Likes/dislikes? 2 of us were headed there, but norcal had 7 for sedan.......
The car worked awesome, I ran the kit set-up with only a few changes like 200,000 wt. front diff oil and 40 wt front shock oil. There wasn't alot of sedan there but it was still a good test session, the car was really good in the morning after we finished breaking in the motor but i made the mistake of tighting the clutch to much and after the main realizing that that was the reason why the motor kept over heating. The traction was desent, and I ran 40 Jaco's front and rear and never had the car even lift the wheel a little. I need to work on gearing and maybe try lowering the roll center in the rear because the track had some waves in it and on heavy breaking the rear of the car would unload a little. I broke the lower ackerman steering mount after hugging a turn to tight but other than that the car was perfect.The average 1/8th scale was running low 15 second lap times and my fastest was a 15.8 with a sedan. Cant wait until next weekend to try it again.

Last edited by mike jones; 04-20-2010 at 11:03 PM.
mike jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Cool, I knew I was on to something with that 200k, that's crazy cause I was also on pace with the fast crowd at norcal and I rubbed a car in The A warmup and broke the same part, and I kno why, I tightened down the saver spring more than usual cause the spring is way to soft. A issue that shep has resolved, with a stiffer spring, but the saver arm should b alluminum........Other than that I think the car is awsome, also try the front diff ecentrics mod the designer posted a few back that it gives more steering in fast corners if u turn them 180degrees, I tried it sunday but I didn't time the normal way, so I can't tell u if it works........and lightened diff internals would b the ultimate.......let me kno wht u figure out as far as setup please, cause I think ur 1 of 2 shep drivers that run American style tracks with amer style traction and amer style boards!

Peace
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #784
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Cool, I knew I was on to something with that 200k, that's crazy cause I was also on pace with the fast crowd at norcal and I rubbed a car in The A warmup and broke the same part, and I kno why, I tightened down the saver spring more than usual cause the spring is way to soft. A issue that shep has resolved, with a stiffer spring, but the saver arm should b alluminum........Other than that I think the car is awsome, also try the front diff ecentrics mod the designer posted a few back that it gives more steering in fast corners if u turn them 180degrees, I tried it sunday but I didn't time the normal way, so I can't tell u if it works........and lightened diff internals would b the ultimate.......let me kno wht u figure out as far as setup please, cause I think ur 1 of 2 shep drivers that run American style tracks with amer style traction and amer style boards!

Peace
I'm going to give the front eccentrics a try this weekend and play with roll center, I have the aluminum Team C steering ackerman and i thought it would be bullet proof but i forgot the piece underneath is still plastic...lol..But all in all it was really good to get back out on the track with a sedan that works well.

Last edited by mike jones; 04-20-2010 at 09:43 AM.
mike jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #785
Tech Apprentice

Hey,
nice to hear that everythings working out good so far.
Well the Team C Part is not bad, but i think the piece underneath will be no problem. We didnīt break one, only the top part is a little weak for the us tracks. We also tried to use the plastic internals for the diff, the front will be ok but in rear we broke every diff !! I think the problem is that we have to much torque on the rear diff while breaking. So in the front it is ok, in the rear its not so easy. So we will stay with the standard parts as i can be sure they will stay where they have to be. The plastic internals will only save 8gr at each diff !! So not to much. What we will have soon are the lightweight outdrives for the front and rear differential.
Looking forward for some results of you excentric tests.

Alex
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #786
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Hey,
nice to hear that everythings working out good so far.
Well the Team C Part is not bad, but i think the piece underneath will be no problem. We didnīt break one, only the top part is a little weak for the us tracks. We also tried to use the plastic internals for the diff, the front will be ok but in rear we broke every diff !! I think the problem is that we have to much torque on the rear diff while breaking. So in the front it is ok, in the rear its not so easy. So we will stay with the standard parts as i can be sure they will stay where they have to be. The plastic internals will only save 8gr at each diff !! So not to much. What we will have soon are the lightweight outdrives for the front and rear differential.
Looking forward for some results of you excentric tests.

Alex
Hey Alex, get your Scion yet......Had a ball testing the car the other weekend... worked right out the box, will try the eccentrics this weekend and will try the chevy body also...I will post results next week.

Brian T
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #787
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones View Post
Hey Alex, get your Scion yet......Had a ball testing the car the other weekend... worked right out the box, will try the eccentrics this weekend and will try the chevy body also...I will post results next week.

Brian T
BT you coming to vegas?
DESOTO RACING
KOPROPO
BIREL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #788
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIREL8 View Post
BT you coming to vegas?
Yes Sir, should be alot of fun...as long as he don't get to crazy with the VHT..
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #789
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes Sir, should be alot of fun...as long as he don't get to crazy with the VHT..
He?
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #790
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
He?
Rich..
Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #791
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Rich..
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #792
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:

Brian T
We did the eccenter testing last weekend during our nationals, worked out great! It gave us just that little more steering on-power at fast corners. It seems to work better.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #793
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

i was having a look at Jilles setup for houston and noticed he was running the oneway, i would like to know how much difference the actual geometric setup changed from going from the diff to oneway ie. shocks, springs, toe, roll centres?

Cheers,
Jeff
www.tracksiderc.com.au
www.sellingstickers.com
Jeff Hamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #794
Tech Apprentice

Hey Jeff,
jilles used a solid axle, not a oneway, i gues i have to change the checkboxes to make it more visible.
The setup do not change so much, its just a little bit more smooth driving in the short corners !! So i would say there is nothing to say about needed changes if you use the solid axle,

Alex
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #795
Tech Regular

Hi Alex any idea when the light weight parts and solid axle will be available?

I saw that Ielasi had some prototype parts at last weekends Italian Championships any more info on what he used and what his comments were. He Tq'd so im sure the car worked perfectly.

Thanks Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Hey Jeff,
jilles used a solid axle, not a oneway, i gues i have to change the checkboxes to make it more visible.
The setup do not change so much, its just a little bit more smooth driving in the short corners !! So i would say there is nothing to say about needed changes if you use the solid axle,

Alex
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote