Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coupe
Hey guys,
i´d like to say hallo from nuremberg, after 5 hard days at the toy fair 2010.
I read all the threads every evening but i was too tired to answer, but today it is OK for me.
I saw that you are discussing about the bended chassis in your kits, but again i like to tell you you also have to tell this your dealer, or, what will be the best way, the shepherd company, wich means "Tell me if you have problems".
Only if we have some complains we can start to work on it. We have to decide at what point we start to spend money for a changement or something.
You can imagine, if we only have 3 or 4 complains we can not replace a complete batch of something. If we have a problem you guys know shepherd will react immediately. But we need to be informed about the problems.
As we have now also some complains at the fair about the chassis i will check this one more time if i am back on wednesday.
And @ SLO-MTX4
We do not have the "problem" with the 8th scale, we changed the material and made the chassis a little bit softer for easier handling on low grip surfaces.
Unfortunately it was a little to soft for some tracks and drivers so the chassis was bending quiet easy if you crash or even touch a board.

So thats it for now, think i am going to sleep, tommorow we have one more
day at the toy fair, and after this we can go back to normal.

regards
Alex
Alex, you haven't got back to us re: chassis?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.team-shepherd.com/en/inde...d=132&Itemid=1

Factory support at WC warm-up

Shepherds top team-drivers Daniele Ielasi (current World Champion), Jilles Groskamp (TQ of the last World Championship) and Josh Cyrul (ROAR Vice-Champion) will be at the track to help our customers and get the best possible results. They will be support by the factory boss Patrick Schäfer who will also race as well as Alex Scholl and Armin Weihert as mechanics.

If that's nothing

Cheers
Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

does anyone know how the boys are going with the car and where can u get the new parts from thank,s
Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to congratulate Team Shepherd for the great showing at the warm up last weekend. It would be great if you guys shared with us what was tried and tested and how the car behaved in those conditions.

Looking forward to some news.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

As you are aware Michael Toumeh aka "novarossi" has switched cars... again..to the serpent 733 from the velox v10

So i will no leave this thread, michael thank you for all the good laughs you had with your car.

Last edited by mrgsr; 03-09-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to comment on how great of a roll out we had for the V10 at the Pre-WC. Last year, we had a few races with prototype versions of the V10 but this was the first race we had together as a team with production cars and I must say I think all of us at Shepherd walked away from the event quite happy. 3 cars in the Final (more than the other mfg's - 2 Mugen, 2 Xray, 2 Serpent, 1 Capricorn and 3 Shepherd V10's) and between Ielasi and I, we lead about 50% of the laps in the final. Unfortunetly, he had a flame out running just short on fuel that cost him a solid chance at the win and I had a crash late in the race that put me out.

Patrick was running 3rd in the Semi Final when he had a bad crash in the pit lane that ended his day or we could have had all 4 Shepherd V10's in the Final.

All weekend, we all ran quite a bit different set-ups but as we tested more we started to hit on common things that worked for all of us out on the track. I think with a little more testing we will have a very strong base set-up for the WC track as we prepare for the race in a few months time. I'll write out a set-up sheet and get it posted here and on the CEFX site in the next few days for my set-up from the final.

I just wanted to thank and congratulate Patrick, Alex (coupe), Armin, Ielasi & Jilles for a fun and very productive weekend of testing and racing. Thanks to Ira for the pit work in the final!! For the WC, we will have a few more top drivers in attendance and we most definatly have a solid chance at making a run at the title.

Congrats to Paolo for a great run in the Final and we'll see everyone back down there in a few months time!!

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 03-10-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations Team Shepherd for the great result! It’s very encouraging to see that the car has the same speed as the rest of the field. I think at this early point of his ‘’life time’’ this shows its potential! But in the 60 minutes final run it’s more and more about luck (engine flame out’s, crashes, tire ware ...) and good fitness of the driver. If you look at the fastest laps all drivers are very close.

Good luck in the future!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wow.....

Just begun to build my V10 4 hours ago and I'm almost done with the car; all thats left is the radio tray and building the shocks. Very nice car to build, goes together very quickly and has alot of lighten parts on the car from the factory. Cant wait to hit the track with the car.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike jones
Just begun to build my V10 4 hours ago and I'm almost done with the car; all thats left is the radio tray and building the shocks. Very nice car to build, goes together very quickly and has alot of lighten parts on the car from the factory. Cant wait to hit the track with the car.
This is certainly an interesting change. Congrats on the new ride. Best of luck to you!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

great racing boys from all us shepherd aussie drivers would like to see the set up from that race
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awins
great racing boys from all us shepherd aussie drivers would like to see the set up from that race
+1
Old 03-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Congratulations for the great result
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys,
no i am back to germany and had some time to recover a little.
The race was really absolutely perfect, placing 3 cars in the final was perfect, knowing to have the chance to win without the problems we had is also pretty good for us. We found some issues at the car wich we need to change, but in the end we raced the kit car with all the standard parts out of the box, except of the front solid axle.
So stay tuned for further information, if you have any questions just ask again, i will be available the next days.

Alex
Old 03-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Coupe tks for the info could you specify what items you would be changing?

Also wanted to ask if the team used the original clutch setup thanks Gustav
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Whats up with some setup-s from the PreWorlds?

By

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.