R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #211
M7H
Tech Elite

Have fun, I'm outa here....

Last edited by M7H; 07-29-2009 at 03:09 PM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #212
Tech Fanatic

Any updates on the release date? Is the end of August still the target?
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #213
Tech Apprentice

Hi dudes,
today i want to give you an update for the V10.
I guess the main problem at the Euros was that Daniele go the car just one
day before the Euros starts !!! So Daniele didnīt have time to get in contact with the car and had no time for testing, unfortunately !!!

But now for the update.
Last week and last weekend we went out for some tests and a german national race in wiesbaden. With two drivers, Patrick and Sebastian, we had two preproduction cars with no foreign parts, except the Xray fuel tank, in the race. Also attending the race was Dirk Wischnewski, current European Champion. So we had a good driver to compare to.

Using Enneti Tyres with 0 offset, 37 front and 40 in the rear, Blitz Altis and Protoform Stratus 3.1, Novarossi engine and mufflers and the 2009 EVO MLC Fuel we started on Saturday with some tests for the shock and differential setup.

Starting with the kit setup it went pretty well from the beginning, just a little bit struggling with the engine.

As they use sugarwater and also track max we had a lot of grip, perfect for the tests.

In the end we were satisfied as we can go as fast as Dirk without having any problems.
Sunday morning we started with the qualification heats. We had three heats and after round 3 Patrick was able to get the second place after Dirk. Sebastian had some problems we could not find at that time, so he had to begin the race in the 1/2 final. Easily winning this final he bumped up to the final. After some changes to the car and changing back to the Stratus it went pretty well for Sebastian. With a pretty fast and constand car he was able to win this race, one lap ahead of Patrick.
Unfortunately Dirk had some problems with the tank or engine, i was looking forward to a good compare race with Dirk.
But after all we got first and second, and thats OK for this. In the final the fastest lap Patrick was a 16.07, i think Dirk just could go .02 faster !!!
Also in the qualifying it was just .10 slower as Dirks car.

Now some answers to question in this thread:
Kit weight: We used the Enneti regular rims, an Altis body, KoPro Receiver, KoPro servos 2413 for gas and steering,the Li Ion batterie with 1800mAh and the brass battery tray. With transponder it was 1705grams !!!
With the NimH batterie 1600mAh and the kit battery tray it is something about 1730grams. Tyres diameter front approx. 55 and rear also 55 or something. So donīt think about titan or any other light weight stuff !!!

Release date:
Target is still end of august. We will have some final tests with the car and if there is all right it should be possible. Stay tuned.

Fuel Tank:
The huge fuel tank you saw is the xray tank.
The final tank, wait for some pictures this week, will be mounted from the top and will be 15mm lower than what you see with the xray tank.
Also the fuelcap will be more forward so you can watch what you do when you are refueling.

So thats it, if you have some more questions feel free to post here, i will have a look and let you kow.

Alex
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #214
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Hi dudes,
day before the Euros starts !!! So Daniele didnīt have time to get in contact with the car and had no time for testing, unfortunately !!!

But now for the update.
Last week and last weekend we went out for some tests and a german national race in wiesbaden. With two drivers, Patrick and Sebastian, we had two preproduction cars with no foreign parts, except the Xray fuel tank, in the race. Also attending the race was Dirk Wischnewski, current European Champion. So we had a good driver to compare to.

Using Enneti Tyres with 0 offset, 37 front and 40 in the rear, Blitz Altis and Protoform Stratus 3.1, Novarossi engine and mufflers and the 2009 EVO MLC Fuel we started on Saturday with some tests for the shock and differential setup.

Starting with the kit setup it went pretty well from the beginning, just a little bit struggling with the engine.

As they use sugarwater and also track max we had a lot of grip, perfect for the tests.

In the end we were satisfied as we can go as fast as Dirk without having any problems.
Sunday morning we started with the qualification heats. We had three heats and after round 3 Patrick was able to get the second place after Dirk. Sebastian had some problems we could not find at that time, so he had to begin the race in the 1/2 final. Easily winning this final he bumped up to the final. After some changes to the car and changing back to the Stratus it went pretty well for Sebastian. With a pretty fast and constand car he was able to win this race, one lap ahead of Patrick.
Unfortunately Dirk had some problems with the tank or engine, i was looking forward to a good compare race with Dirk.
But after all we got first and second, and thats OK for this. In the final the fastest lap Patrick was a 16.07, i think Dirk just could go .02 faster !!!

Kit weight: We used the Enneti regular rims, an Altis body, KoPro Receiver, KoPro servos 2413 for gas and steering,the Li Ion batterie with 1800mAh and the brass battery tray. With transponder it was 1705grams !!!
With the NimH batterie 1600mAh and the kit battery tray it is something about 1730grams. Tyres diameter front approx. 55 and rear also 55 or something. So donīt think about titan or any other light weight stuff !!!

Release date:
Target is still end of august. We will have some final tests with the car and if there is all right it should be possible. Stay tuned.

Fuel Tank:
The final tank, wait for some pictures this week, will be mounted from the top and will be 15mm lower than what you see with the xray tank.
Also the fuelcap will be more forward so you can watch what you do when you are refueling.

So thats it, if you have some more questions feel free to post here, i will have a look and let you kow.

Alex
Which oil did you use in the differentials? What tire diameter did you start with I mean the final run!? 55mm was after the race, correct?

Lojz
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #215
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hi dudes,

But now for the update.

Release date:

Fuel Tank:

Alex
Which oil did you use in the differentials? What tire diameter did you start with I mean the final run!? 55mm was after the race, correct?

Lojz
Old 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #216
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Any updates on the release date? Is the end of August still the target?
delay + later !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #217
Tech Apprentice

Again me,
we tried many combinations with the differential oil, but i think any driver needs the correct balance. At the end we used 150.000 in the front and 120.000 in the rear as Patrick was looking for more 1/8 scale driving style !!!
It was a little to hard in the rear, tyre wear in the rear was a little to high.

Tyres:
We started with a really strange mixture of tyres as we have a nearly full throttle banked corner end of the straight, and also a quite fast entry to the straight which is really bad fo the rear outer tyre. We begun the final with 40 in the front and 42 in the rear, the diameter i am not sure, but i think patrick
trued the tyres rear right 64, rear left 62, front right 61 and front left 58.
I think something like this, but i am not sure.

Alex
Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #218
Tech Master

This past weekend I ran the V10 at the GLC in Toledo. In attendance were the top US drivers from Xray, Serpent and Kyosho so it was a decient test of the V10's speed even thought the car I have is still in rough prototype stage.

Overall though, it was a good weekend. I qualified 4th about 4 seconds off the TQ mark of Bobby Flack. The higher level of traction and higher track temp made the rapid prototype plastics a little flexi which was difficult to work around. One of three packages that were supposed to arrive before the event (delayed in Customs) finally arrived on Thursday afternoon so my parents drove the box down to me at the race on Friday. I spent my time between heats trying to switch over the parts but with the differences in stiffness (and geometry as the rapid prototype parts I think warped a bit from all the running in hot weather) I lost my set-up a little for the race. I tried a few things but went a little backwards and actually blew my best qualifying run when I rolled the car with only a few laps left in the run. If I finished it out I would have been about 1-1.5 seconds off the TQ but still in 4th position as the 3 Xrays of Bobby, Paul and Ralph all qualified within .2 of each other.

Rain came Sunday morning which delayed racing a bit. I went out and practiced and the track was quite a bit off so I took the gamble for the final to run larger, softer tires hoping the grip was low and I could have the traction and tire wear covered that I needed for the race. This back fired on me bad though as the track had come back nicely and was actually as good or better than it was all weekend. I ran around in 4th for a while until I traction rolled and flamed out. After that, a hard crash at the end of the straight really hurt the car. I changed tires and went back out with the car actually running better despite the crash until the rear upright that was probably cracked from the big impact finally let go.

I'm still quite happy with the car and am quite patient waiting for the finished production parts. I know with the new tank and the other finished details we will have a much better chance at the ROAR Nationals. Also, I focused a lot of time on 1/8 at this race so the V10 was neglected more than I should have. Well, back to work!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #219
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ?????

Coupe has the V10 been designed to run with zero offset or 2 mil off set ?
Does the rear end feel tighter than usual with the upper arm hinge pins ? Meaning does not get as sloppy as the normal upper arm area as on most 1/10. Are there any noticeable benefits having the front droop adjustment separate to the sway bar ? Thanks to you and Josh for keeping us updated with the progress.

Noel
Liquid Speed Fuels
www.tracksiderc.com.au
batto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would guess that having the front droop seperate to the swaybar would make it easier to set up right the first time without having to readjust droop every time you adjust the sway bar.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #221
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b View Post
I would guess that having the front droop seperate to the swaybar would make it easier to set up right the first time without having to readjust droop every time you adjust the sway bar.
That's it exactly. I love Mugens but that damn sway-bar, droop screw set-up is really a bad design. Sure it's easy to design and produce that way but just makes things more trouble then they need to be.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #222
Tech Apprentice

Hi there,
the car runs with the same offset like the Mugen car for example.

With the upper rear arms the car feels a little tighter, so the changements to the setup is more effective and it iīs not getting too soft if the temperature is getting higher and higher.

The seperated sway bar / droop in the front is much easier to adjust and do not effect each other.

Thats it

Alex
Old 08-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #223
Tech Adept

Will a front solid axle produce for the car?
boy2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #224
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Again me,
we tried many combinations with the differential oil, but i think any driver needs the correct balance. At the end we used 150.000 in the front and 120.000 in the rear as Patrick was looking for more 1/8 scale driving style !!!
It was a little to hard in the rear, tyre wear in the rear was a little to high.
Which brand of oil did you use in the diffs? And what about Shock oil, which brand and weight did you use?

Regards, Lojz
Old 08-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #225
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
we used our own silicon oil, its messured in cSt, so it should be the same like the xray stuff for example. Same at the shocks and the diffs.

We will have a one way and also a solid axle for the car, both will be available in time.

The car will come with cvdīs in the front and in the rear, and as an option we will have dogbones with special wheelaxles. Some drivers like the dogbones but more will stay with the cvdīs.

Alex