R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2009, 05:16 AM   #196
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Stefan,

Can you tell me the difference between IDM and Picco engines as well as IDM and ATS rubber?
None, other than pricing, as we most know.

But if you are 29 years old and your only education is racing model cars, shouldn't you try to make the most of a WC title and promote your own products instead of others????

Daniele is planning to make a living of the IDM brand once his racing days are over.

But if he keeps promoting Picco and ATS because they pay for his travel expenses, then people are going to ask themselves, why they should pay more for his products when he runs the stuff that's actually cheaper.

Just imagine Salven running Ennetti tires and Novarossi engines.

Loom at the equipment list and you know what I mean.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #197
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
None, other than pricing, as we most know.

But if you are 29 years old and your only education is racing model cars, shouldn't you try to make the most of a WC title and promote your own products instead of others????

Daniele is planning to make a living of the IDM brand once his racing days are over.

But if he keeps promoting Picco and ATS because they pay for his travel expenses, then people are going to ask themselves, why they should pay more for his products when he runs the stuff that's actually cheaper.

Just imagine Salven running Ennetti tires and Novarossi engines.

Loom at the equipment list and you know what I mean.
I partly agree with you but IDM decals are normally on his car. What a lot of persons not know is that IDM is a "Picco IDM Modified engine" and not an other brand.
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #198
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

50th place after qualifying.

I guess it's up to Daniele and his consistant driving to make it through the finals.

That's gonna be a tough one.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #199
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
50th place after qualifying.

I guess it's up to Daniele and his consistant driving to make it through the finals.

That's gonna be a tough one.
It is going to be a good long tough test
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #200
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 40
Default

Hey Stefan,

please excuse that I haven't posted a news on our website that I can't attend the euros. I thought it would be enough to inform directly Franky Noens (EFRA 1/10 referee) that I won't attend the event because of too much work in the company.

By the way, not one single driver from Germany that wanted to attend the event was rejected. Germany had a lot of free places left. Everybody that wanted to race, could attend the euros.

Back to topic, unfortunately Daniele had a stripped belt so he had to retire early in the race.

Best regards
Patrick
__________________
www.team-shepherd.com - www.sonic-engines.com
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #201
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Fairfield, CT
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

Quote:
Current World Champion Daniele Ielasi’s tough week didn’t get any better this morning and the popular Italian will play no further part after his Shepherd suffered a rear belt failure 8 minutes into the 1/16 final. 2004 World Champion Adrien Bertin did go one better bumping up to the 1/8 final but a number of incidents meant the Kyosho/Team Orion driver missed out on the 1/4 Final by just 1.6 seconds. Afterwards the Frenchman said, ‘This is the worst event for me in 15 years’ but jokingly added ‘at least I went one better that Daniele.’
http://events.redrc.net/

Next time I guess.
sebtarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #202
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
Everybody that wanted to race, could attend the euros.

Best regards
Patrick
I know of at least one racer that was rejected because the roster was supposed to be full.

It might have fallen through the cracks after Dieter died, who knows
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #203
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 40
Default

Hey Stefan,

maybe this was the problem. In May Dieter told me that he has 9 places left for the Euros (before I gave mine back), he also posted this info in his forum. That's why I was thinking that everybody from Germany could race. Probably there was a communication problem.

Best regards
Patrick
__________________
www.team-shepherd.com - www.sonic-engines.com
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #204
Tech Adept
 
batto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Dirk is not slow and should be up in the top group as he is showing now. That's why I was excited to see that Ielasi was catching him in the practice run. Looks like a rough day though. Did anyone else watch the last qualifing video?? Especially when he's running with Jilles?? I think he's loosing .1-.2 just on the straight.... I wonder if the engine tune was a bit off as it looked really down on power... Hopefully they can get a solid run together tommorow. I'll have to wait on the results Sunday until I get home from the track though.... Full day at Toledo testing is planned for me...
How did you go with the testing Josh ? Any revelations or any more thoughts on the V10 over all ?
Regards
Noel
__________________
Shepherd Velox V 10 (Very Very Soon) - Novarossi powered
Futaba 4pk
Matrix tyres
Liquid Speed Fuels
www.tracksiderc.com.au
batto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 AM   #205
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

batto - Everything went great in Toledo yesterday. I spent most of the day testing the V8 which I was able to figure out some things for the GLC right at the end of the day. The V10 I only ran two tanks after racing was over in a sort of grudge match with Bobby Flack (last years GLC winner) and his Xray. Like me, Toledo is his home track so we both know it well. I'm not sure if Bobby's car was in top form but I was actually faster than he was with the main difference that I had a lot more steering into the corner. It was definatly a good confidence builder in the car knowing that for sure I have a car to contend for at least the podium and really I feel it's possible for a lot more. Time will tell as the traction comes up in Toledo this week but I am really excited to get rolling with this years GLC which will be a great warm-up to the ROAR Nationals that will be back at the same track in September. Back to work!! I have lots to prepare!!
__________________
Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Xenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #206
Tech Adept
 
batto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
batto - Everything went great in Toledo yesterday. I spent most of the day testing the V8 which I was able to figure out some things for the GLC right at the end of the day. The V10 I only ran two tanks after racing was over in a sort of grudge match with Bobby Flack (last years GLC winner) and his Xray. Like me, Toledo is his home track so we both know it well. I'm not sure if Bobby's car was in top form but I was actually faster than he was with the main difference that I had a lot more steering into the corner. It was definatly a good confidence builder in the car knowing that for sure I have a car to contend for at least the podium and really I feel it's possible for a lot more. Time will tell as the traction comes up in Toledo this week but I am really excited to get rolling with this years GLC which will be a great warm-up to the ROAR Nationals that will be back at the same track in September. Back to work!! I have lots to prepare!!
Thanks Josh any news about the V10 is good news to me.
Regards
Noel
__________________
Shepherd Velox V 10 (Very Very Soon) - Novarossi powered
Futaba 4pk
Matrix tyres
Liquid Speed Fuels
www.tracksiderc.com.au
batto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #207
Tech Elite
 
itchy b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In My Man Cave
Posts: 4,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi Josh,
The new car is looking great so far!
Just wondering what weight the standard kit will be with electrics, engine + body once it hits the market?
Will there be a need to fit TI pillow balls, steering links, hinge pins etc to reduce standard kit weight?
Also, is the car designed to run best with 0 offset or 1-2mm offset tires?
Cheers
Joe
__________________
-Blitz-Rallyhawk-EX 1.5R-Xpress-P64 Tyrrell-Lotus79-Espirit VTA
EX1.5-SC10 4x4
itchy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #208
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,193
Default

Deleted, unbiased info not wanted...
__________________
Serpent

Last edited by M7H; 07-29-2009 at 03:09 PM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #209
Tech Fanatic
 
SERPENT7twenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 812
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

WOW..that car looks amazing. Tank looks HUGE!
__________________
TEAM KAMIKAZE - SERPENT 966 - NOVAROSSI - HUDY - KO PROPO - XCEED
Kamikaze Development Driver - R&D = Rebuild & Destroy
www.Kamikazetoysandhobbies.com
SERPENT7twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #210
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

I hope to see some final pics soon, with nice blue alu...
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl

Last edited by PMSorber; 07-30-2009 at 12:35 AM.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro On-Road Addict sa RC Manila Racers 12522 12-27-2015 05:51 PM
Sheperd Velox moy Nitro On-Road 585 04-19-2012 09:51 AM
Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10 Geberit Nitro On-Road 27 07-06-2009 04:28 PM
Upgrade/ RCiD ryno1922 Nitro On-Road 26 03-31-2009 01:49 PM
Shepherd Velox V10 macaurc Nitro On-Road 31 03-02-2009 08:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net