R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-22-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to donthaveaclue
Default Newbie!

im new to all this r/c stuff, i really wanna get into it, but being 16, my rents just let me start lookin at upsclae ones, ive been watching and everything for a while now i know all the kiddy basics one hears around the track and can figure out without a car, im lookin at the traxxas 4-tec rtr, it says 60+ outta box, is this true, will it with hold for a long time, is it durable, is it a good beginning car meaning easy to modifie, work with, and change as i go? help me out and also im not stuck on road just a little speed would work, so if u have any off road experience, help me with suggestions all over
donthaveaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 02:12 AM   #2
Tech Master

Is there a hobby shop near to you anywhere? If so, I'd suggest you hop on down first. Why? Because there is so much that goes into a vehicle purchase that it would be difficult for anyone here on this forum to possibly cover it all appropriately. You got to work with your hobby shop to figure out what type of a vehicle would be best for your needs, abilities, preferences, cost limitations and parts availibility.

Being able to get parts is very important. You don't to have your car get messed up on the first run and then find that something is wrong with the car and have to wait a week for the part.

When you go in, you don't have to buy anything. Indeed it is best if you not buy anything and instead, maybe write down everything that you were told and look it up on the internet so that you can get a further idea of what you're getting into. This hobby is something that you just can't do if you aren't willing to take the time to do it properly. And that aspect of this hobby extends to the purchase of your vehicle too. Don't rush and make any brash decisions.

That's just my opinion, because I've seen so many guys come in a hobby shop looking for a particular vehicle to end up coming out with a vehicle that is drastically different. That is because they were brought to a smart decision by a group of salespeople that have a lot more experience than the purchaser and were willing to trully help the customer.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote