Wiki Posts
Search

Which on road kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Which on road kit?

I am thinking about entering on road. I need to know which would be the best on road kit. It doesn't have to have the engine or the radio. My limit is $300. I would have to be a good track car and a good basher because I will be doing both. I was thinking of getting the Ofna LD3 Pro with out the engine and radio.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

look on ebay theres many great deals. the r40 is not a bad choice and you can get them under for $260 new
Old 11-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

go with a ntc3 team kit great car handles awesome..and is a great race car also
Old 11-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

don't get the tc3, its really fragile and you have to work on them after almost every race(keeping the nuts and bolts tight). Its not worth it. Go for the mtx-3 if you have the money, if not the R-40 is the best choice
Old 11-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was just at my hobby shop and they were testing the LD3. Its the same basic setup as the TC3 but its better. It handles the same and comes with better parts. They set up a ramp there and was jumping the LD3 of ramps. So its durable. Check it out at www.ofna.com. The Pro version of the LD3.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:08 PM

You won't regret with LD3. This car is strong and lot lot cheaper than the others.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Whatever you do if you are going to Bash in lots at all Stay away from The MTX3 the belts will get eaten everytime you run it in a lot. Stick with the shaft drive for bashing and lots. Belts for the track only. I saw RC Mushroom.com has Serpent 705's on sale for $250.Alot of people clearing out there R/C's on the for sale forum too. I've seen some very nice rollers with upgrades going cheap there.Good Luck!
Old 11-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

I personally like the v- one rr evolution, very nice design, and very beauftiful.
Old 11-22-2003, 04:02 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fisher890
Whatever you do if you are going to Bash in lots at all Stay away from The MTX3 the belts will get eaten everytime you run it in a lot. Stick with the shaft drive for bashing and lots. Belts for the track only. I saw RC Mushroom.com has Serpent 705's on sale for $250.Alot of people clearing out there R/C's on the for sale forum too. I've seen some very nice rollers with upgrades going cheap there.Good Luck!
If you want to bash around int he parking lot, i think you can go for belt cars as well if that is what you want... My mugen mtx-3 has never seen a real track anyways, all parking lot and its great fun as well...

just make sure the parking lot is not made up of rocks

Just my 2c