Californian (SF) Racers Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Californian (SF) Racers Help me out!

Hey guys

I will be taking a visit to California next month, and will be living with my aunt in San Francisco.
I believe that she lives in Fremount or somehwere around that.

My question is, are there any nice RC tracks or stores around there where I can hang out at? I am especially interested in visiting tracks, because here in Vancouver we have none.

Well, anyone who knows gimme a shout

Thanks all
Old 11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

welllll.... there really aren't that many check out this page and find the CA places. http://www.roarracing.com/regions/region12/index.htm
Old 11-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Here's where I go. It's in Fremont so that'd be perfect for you.

http://www.lemans-rc.com

Most people there run MTX-3s, MRX-3s, GT-4s, and V1Rs. Send me a PM or email if you're going to hang out there.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yes, theres a nice huge track in Fremont at Lemans Go Kart. I'm not sure what their schedule is. RCCAR holds races too. There is Delta RC in Antioch which has offroad/onroad if you can drive up there. There is carpet racing in Stockton. Hobbyworld in Gilroy has a track too. Check out www.rcracing.com for the forum where most of the bay area guys go.

There are lots of stores around the bay. Franciscan hobbies in SF, RC Tech in Daly city, Sheldons Hobbies in San Jose, Hobbyworld in San Jose, Delta RC in Antioch etc. Theres more but I just can't think of any more right now.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Californian (SF) Racers Help me out!

Originally posted by B
Hey guys

I will be taking a visit to California next month, and will be living with my aunt in San Francisco.
I believe that she lives in Fremount or somehwere around that.

My question is, are there any nice RC tracks or stores around there where I can hang out at? I am especially interested in visiting tracks, because here in Vancouver we have none.

Well, anyone who knows gimme a shout

Thanks all
Is that Vancouver B.C. OR Vancouver Washington?
If Wa, try this www.amainraceway.com
Old 11-20-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

B: Fortunately, there are quite a number of race tracks and hobbyshops in the bay area. First, lets start off with the tracks. Since nitro season is over in the bayarea, there are still some tracks you can race your nitro or electric sedan all season long weather permitting.

1) Lemanns in Fremont. Since you'll be located in Fremont, thier track is open 7 days a week. Nitro preffered but they are open to electric also ( the track is huge !! ). Check them out on the URL posted above.

2) RAMS at mission college in Santa Clara. These guys run all year long. 1/5, 1/8th, and nitro sedan are the classes they race. Each week is divided into different catagories. One week, they'll race 1/8th scale. The following week, they'll race 1/5 scale, and so on. Check out their website on rcracing.com for track and race information. Mission college is about a 10 minute drive from Fremont.

3) RCCAR: An organization that has both electric and nitro sedan racing. Their tracks are located in Campbell and Santa Clara. Probably one of the more popular organizations in the bay area.

4) HobbyTown USA in Newark: Driving distance is about 5-7 miles depending on where you are located in Fremont. Gary and the crew has races twice a month ( weather permitting ) and only race electric. They will also have a mini-Z track on the premises with-in the next week or so.

5) HobbyWorld in Gilroy: Indoor carpet track and outdoor off-road track. The gang that runs these tracks are real cool. Indoor carpet is open on store hours as well as off-road. Driving distance: about 1 to 1.5 hours. I've made it in 45 minutes without traffic

6) HobbyWorld in Campbell: Off-road electric only. A nice track that just got done building. Check it out sometime if your into off-road electric.

7) Delta R/C, Antioch: A full service of tracks from on-road, off-road, dirt oval, and indoor off-road. They also have a hobbyshop on the premises for your needs. About 45min.-1.5 hours depending on traffic.

8) Stockton indoor carpet racing at the Stockton fairgrounds: The guy that runs these races ( Scott Tomasello) has tons of experience running races. He held MANY big races in the Ripon area ( All of the Reedy on-road races, nationals, and regionals ). His program is smoooth as silk and he's very serious about how his races are runed. Pretty intense racing here and only eletric on-road. This past season they held afew nitro races outside, but they are not too sure about next season. From Fremont: 45min-1.15 hours.

9) Salinas r/c racing: Art and the salinas crew are really cool. They even provide goodies in the morning ( breakfast items: donuts, homemade cakes and cookies to all the racers. They race both nitro and electic on-road sedan. About 2 hours from Fremont.

10) SpeedWorld raceway in Roseville. Maybe the best electric on-road track in the area right now. Billy Bowerman is super cool. He also has a fully stocked hobbyshop onthe premises. Next year, from what i heard, he wil have a nitro sedan track in the area. This track will cater to both 1/10 and 1/8th nitro racing Can't wait for that to happen cause I know when Billy builds a track, he knows whats up with track designs, preparation, and race programs. Driving time: 1.5 hours from Fremont.

These are probably the closest tracks in the area from Fremont. Im sure you'll have a great time at all the tracks. Again, check for race schedules on www.rcracing.com. They have everything you need in regards to racing and track locations.

HOBBYSHOPS: There are quite afew shops in the area and they range from 5min to 45 minute drive from Fremont. I'll start from closest to farthest: HobbyTown USA in Newark, Sheldons in San Jose, R/C unlimited in Campbell, HobbyWorld in Campbell, HobbyTown USA in San Carlos, San Anonio hobbyshop in Palo Alto, Ace Harware Hobbies ( lots of nitro parts and fast stock and modified engines), R/C Tech in Daly City ( going to this hobbyshop is like going to a hobbyshop from Japan. Lots of trick and hard to find stuff from nitro to electric ), Fransican hobbyshop in San Francisco, HobbyWorld in Gilroy, SpeedWorld raceway in Roseville ( fully stocked hobbyshop )

Well, hope this helps you out B. With sooo many hobbyshops in the area, im sure you'll find whatever part you'll need for your rides.

Last edited by Roger; 11-21-2003 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:46 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Californian (SF) Racers Help me out!

Originally posted by drfritz
Is that Vancouver B.C. OR Vancouver Washington?
If Wa, try this www.amainraceway.com
BC

WOW! Thanks for all of your replys!!!

everyone has been extremely helpful! I am sure that I will have a blast during my stay in SF!

Again, thanks guys!!

Extra thanks to Roger, you must have spent quite some time typing all that!
Thanks again
Old 11-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yes, Roger is da man!

Have fun in SF. I should have visited some hobby shops when I was in Vancouver 2 years ago. Doh!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

any tracks in san francisco? or do u kno what is the closest track?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

There is a Mini-Z track here... http://www.zclubrcc.com though I haven't been there yet. Other than that, there are no tracks in the city.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I deffinatly reccomend you check out RC Tech in Daly City (1618 Sullivan in a corner where speedee oil change is you'll know when you see it) they have the best stuff and a gajillin hop-ups for everything from Assosiated to HPI to Yokohoma
Old 11-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

anyone in san francisco that wanna start a track?
Old 11-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would but where?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

dont kno but ill tel u if i find a place
Old 11-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I remember back about a year ago that there was one guy that was going to open a track in a old warehouse. I think it didn't go through cause of all of the expenses involved in opening a track in the city.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.