R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   V one RR Evolution or MTX-3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/27973-v-one-rr-evolution-mtx-3-a.html)

rcjayy 11-19-2003 09:44 PM

V one RR Evolution or MTX-3

I want to build another car and I am looking at the RR Evo or the MTX-3, can someone help me make a good choice? And if I decide to Get an Evo where can I get one, I keep hearing about it but I cant find it.

ckh1328 11-19-2003 10:27 PM

http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk

They have it for 325

Fisher890 11-20-2003 12:50 AM

ultimatehobbies.com has the MTX3 for 325 also.

Thunder racer 11-20-2003 02:54 AM

GET THE MTX-3 you never look back.

CHEERS:)

Diesel Racer 11-20-2003 12:16 PM

Originally posted by Thunder racer

Because your'll always be chasing the Serpent 710! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rrgt_kid 11-20-2003 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Thunder racer

I agree with you there!!!

i had the vone rr and never done any go so i brought an mtx3 and its way better faster and im cutting heaps more time off my laps! :D

Thunder racer 11-22-2003 11:47 PM

Originally posted by Diesel Racer

MY ASS:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

FREAKAH 11-23-2003 02:03 AM

Yea right!:mad:

In your dreams.

The 710 isn't even out yet but it's already beating the MTX-3?! What a load of crap!

dtm 11-23-2003 02:36 AM

Originally posted by FREAKAH
The 710 isn't even out yet but it's already beating the MTX-3?! What a load of crap!
Hahaha....very true. I'm no lover of the MTX-3 and I can't comment on the 710....but that is probably the most accurate thing said on this thread!:D :D

rcjayy- You can't really go wrong with the RR Evo or MTX-3. How well the car drives and what lap times you get depends on how well you set the cars up and tune your engines. It is not one chassis beating another chassis...it is all in the driver.

Look for good spares support because no matter how tough these guys tell you the cars are there will be a time when you need spares.....and options of course!!:D

Diesel Racer 11-23-2003 08:08 AM

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Yea right!:mad:

In your dreams.

Oh yeah! I forgot how well the MTX3 did in the Euros:rolleyes: What was that? you mean it got beaten by the superceded 705. :nod: :D :lol: :lol:

ND 11-23-2003 09:57 AM

So what good drivers were driving the MTX3 at the euros????????

Diesel Racer 11-23-2003 11:25 AM

Originally posted by ND
So what good drivers were driving the MTX3 at the euros????????
Trouble is it's not just the Euro's is it! The MTX3 doesn't really fair that well at most big international races, I know doubt your going to come back and say how about this race or that race but that doesn't count for jack when it's not there consistently or there abouts, even Mugen must be longing for that first big international win, chances are they will replace the car before then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents worth.

B 11-23-2003 11:41 AM

Trouble is it's not just the Euro's is it! The MTX3 doesn't really fair that well at most big international races, I know doubt your going to come back and say how about this race or that race but that doesn't count for jack when it's not there consistently or there abouts, even Mugen must be longing for that first big international win, chances are they will replace the car before then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents worth.

Because most hardcore mugen drivers are in Japan and they race 1/8th mostly internationally.

But when they do drive 1/10th, they are just as good, if not better.

But since they dont participate as much in touring car competitions internationally, you rarely see them and the title goes to others with other manufacturer cars who do sent out their best of the best drivers.

Diesel Racer 11-23-2003 11:54 AM

Originally posted by B
Because most hardcore mugen drivers are in Japan and they race 1/8th mostly internationally.

Ask yourself this then, why don't top drivers outside of Japan drive the MTX3 then.:confused:

ND 11-23-2003 12:01 PM

Well at the winternationals in Florida Kenji Osaka could well of won the race had he not turned in a meter to early for the corner before pit road!!!! Thus allowing Barry as easy last few laps to win the event

The MTX3 is a good car, but none of the top guys in europe that race for Mugen want to concentrate on 200mm.......