New EFRA 7min Qualifying Rule

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default New EFRA 7min Qualifying Rule

From: http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/efra-11...clarification/

Dear Sport friends,

2.4 General qualifying format for EC and GP’s minimum 4 and maximum 6 series of 7 minutes heats depending on the number of drivers.

I received a few mails regarding the new 7 minute heat rule, and I regret to say we did not include the proper wording.

The intention of introducing this 7 minute heat rule was to have a pitstop, to prevent racing with a too lean engine.

By not making a extra pitstop mandatory, some drivers will try to finish without a extra pitstop, because unlike in 1/8 scale, the fuel shortage problem is a little less common.

Unfortunately, this will also mean that some drivers through ignorance, or because their engine consumed a bit more, will find themselves in trouble.
In that case the rule does not meet the objective, that it was designed for.

In the interest of the sport, and according the intention of the rule, this will be the correct rule.

“General qualifying format for EC and GP’s minimum 4 and maximum 6 series of 7 minutes heats (a pitstop ,refuelling is mandatory) depending on the number of drivers.”

Best Regards,

Franky Noens

EFRA Chairman 1:10th scale IC track.
Will the other blocs (IFMAR, ROAR, etc) follow?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

More...

Following some apparent confusion over the new EFRA ruling that sees the length of European Championship and Grand Prix qualification heats to 7 minutes, EFRA 1/10th section chairman Franky Noens has issued a clarification on the rule 2.4 of these new guidelines. The updated ruling states that ‘a pitstop, refuelling is mandatory’ in a 7 minute heat, wording that was not initially included in the rule.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Lord

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...me-length.html
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

"In the interest of the sport, and according the intention of the rule "
i really think this rule is going to make the sport unobtainalbe for any unsponsored racer. if these rules end up here in Australia, i feel it will push most out of any contention to compete against a sponsored driver.
really if one cant make 5 mins, then they are already pushing the boundaries of the engines performance to meet the runtime. if one only has to make 3.5 mins before a refuel, then you will see motors pushing a huge amount of power designed to run 4 mins max. this means incase of a problem with an engine, you will have to have at least 2 qualifying engines (then the boundaries will again be pushed ) and at least 2 Finals engines that are designed to make 5 mins. its hard enough to have one fast engine that makes 5 mins for most, and a back up engine would be a stock engine.
it wont be ling before the 7 min ruling will be pushed to the limits, people runnign out of fuel in 3.5 mins, now how long are those motors going to last.
i think in the INTEREST OF THE SPORT, if one wants to push the 5 min boundaries, then so be it. most make 5 mins , or more, so i cant see why a rule change is required to accomodate people with an endless budget and a BIG box of motors at any one event.
just my concern on how i see the rules changing the face of nationals or international racing.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

I don't like it....
Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stupid pencil pushers making stupid rules they don`t even know about!
+ 1 on pattojrn post. thats exectly why i only race at the club level.
Too many politics in those big races. Too many weinie brains running the sport.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Does anyone know officially if ROAR is doing this too?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

When I race next week at the West coast nitro challenge we are running 7 min qual. for the first timeit should be interesting considering its my first time, I look forward to it...
Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
"In the interest of the sport, and according the intention of the rule "
i really think this rule is going to make the sport unobtainalbe for any unsponsored racer. if these rules end up here in Australia, i feel it will push most out of any contention to compete against a sponsored driver.
really if one cant make 5 mins, then they are already pushing the boundaries of the engines performance to meet the runtime. if one only has to make 3.5 mins before a refuel, then you will see motors pushing a huge amount of power designed to run 4 mins max. this means incase of a problem with an engine, you will have to have at least 2 qualifying engines (then the boundaries will again be pushed ) and at least 2 Finals engines that are designed to make 5 mins. its hard enough to have one fast engine that makes 5 mins for most, and a back up engine would be a stock engine.
it wont be ling before the 7 min ruling will be pushed to the limits, people runnign out of fuel in 3.5 mins, now how long are those motors going to last.
i think in the INTEREST OF THE SPORT, if one wants to push the 5 min boundaries, then so be it. most make 5 mins , or more, so i cant see why a rule change is required to accomodate people with an endless budget and a BIG box of motors at any one event.
just my concern on how i see the rules changing the face of nationals or international racing.
+1 ...... not good for mere mortals.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've joined 1-2 races with this format and I personally like it... I can concentrate on going fast without putting the motor on extreme lean conditions for qualifying....

I'm glad that my local track keeps up with what is going on regarding rules world wide.... Try it, some of your worries might be put to ease.....
Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran at the same track with Francis, and at the beginning I was against it, but after the first time I like. You have a little more time to get into a groove, I actually qualify better in this format.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I ran at the same track with Francis, and at the beginning I was against it, but after the first time I like. You have a little more time to get into a groove, I actually qualify better in this format.
Why didn't they just go to 10 minutes. RC Pro onroad series two years ago did 10 minute qualifiers and no one had issues with that. Since in the natural flow of our racing we normally pit at 5 minutes anyway, going to 10 minutes was a piece of cake. It was like running a mini main each qualifier. At one of the local clubs that I ran at, we tried the same 10 min qualifier and it was a hit and we ran that way for the sportsman/expert classes until the track closed. The novice nitro guys still ran 5 min qualifiers.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Why didn't they just go to 10 minutes. RC Pro onroad series two years ago did 10 minute qualifiers and no one had issues with that. Since in the natural flow of our racing we normally pit at 5 minutes anyway, going to 10 minutes was a piece of cake. It was like running a mini main each qualifier. At one of the local clubs that I ran at, we tried the same 10 min qualifier and it was a hit and we ran that way for the sportsman/expert classes until the track closed. The novice nitro guys still ran 5 min qualifiers.
10min qualifiers brings up fuel mileage issues and people having to lean on motors to so they can make 5 min or in a 10 min qual 1 pit stop....
Old 02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

good news !
If HK same will best !
because had more choice in qualifier ,
U can more fast speed but need pit stop ,
or safe fuel to drive no pit stop .

which one best ?
see pit how long !
if pit area long in & out ,
i'll choice no pit stop & Front oneway .
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
good news !
If HK same will best !
because had more choice in qualifier ,
U can more fast speed but need pit stop ,
or safe fuel to drive no pit stop .

which one best ?
see pit how long !
A pit stop is required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.