Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Fuel etc on Novarossi NSR 5Port

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Advice on Fuel etc on Novarossi NSR 5Port

Hi guys,

Can someone help in breaking in my Novarossi NSR 5 in?

1). What fuel do I use 15%, 16% or 20%
2). What should be the oil content? 12%?
3). What are the factory needle settings for the engine (haven't touched any settings from new, however just making sure they are correct.
4). Any tips on running in? (will be running 1 tank at idle with a rich setting, then running around the track on a rich setting for 3 tanks slowly, then adjust the settings) this ok?

Thanks

Sami
Old 11-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would run 30% fuel. Little lower temps, with engine longetivety as the only noticable downside.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Break the engine in with the same brand, nitro, and oil % fual that you will be racing with and stick with it. Less oil % gives more power, cooler temps, more runtime, tuning is little harder and will be leaner than with higher oil % fuels, and I'm not sure if the wear in increased but if that brand doesn't use good oils then it will wear faster. The majority of fual makers don't like to disclose what percentage oil they use or how much caster or synthetic or if it's all synthetic or not so finding that out mgith be difficult for you but 10-12% oil is good, I wouldn't go below 8%. I don't have personal experience with the engine you have so I am not sure which fuel works best or if you would need to run a different plug or deck height with either 20 or 30% fuel. For break in that sounds good but you will prolly have to put a few more tanks through it and keep running it in until you have a polished ring on inside of sleeve at the top from the piston. Your running temps might be little higher than someone else that has the same motor but it's b/c your engine is newer and has more friction buildup and will get better with more running.