Twister Tires USA 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Twister Tires USA 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Normally you can use same shore front to rear, but if you need more steering the first and easiest thing to change would be your front tire shore; same thing apply to rear if you need more rear grip.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by traxx4
hi,DJ
If at a track with low to med traction? should I run softer in the front and harder in the back or the other way around?
thanks
Sorry I took so long. Been a little busy. With low bite tracks you will typicaly use a softer front tire. Mainly for the push the car is going to have. I typically run a softer front tire on all tracks to help keep even tire wear and help keep the car consistent throughout the run.

Off topic. A front Diff with heavy oil will help with steering also.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tires

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Sorry I took so long. Been a little busy. With low bite tracks you will typicaly use a softer front tire. Mainly for the push the car is going to have. I typically run a softer front tire on all tracks to help keep even tire wear and help keep the car consistent throughout the run.

Off topic. A front Diff with heavy oil will help with steering also.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Thanks
I hear from the Atlanta boys that you have skills hope to run on a track with you when in FL.
thanks,DJ
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Does Twister sell just 1/8 rear foam donuts?

[email protected]
Old 05-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalnator
Does Twister sell just 1/8 rear foam donuts?

[email protected]
No they do not. Just mounted with 4 different wheel styles (mugen and kyosho, with prolight of each, and sadly the green kyosho style are gone)
Old 05-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Who do I need to contact to set up a dealer account? The reason I need donuts is because we use them for dirt oval racing, and we get one front tire and 1 rear tire out of each rear donut, so its a cheap way to make a set of donuts.

Are these tires similar to the CRC's and have 2 seams? I wonder if I soak the mounted tires in Laquer thinner to remove them from the rim if the glue in the seams would be too weak.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Who do I need to contact to set up a dealer account? The reason I need donuts is because we use them for dirt oval racing, and we get one front tire and 1 rear tire out of each rear donut, so its a cheap way to make a set of donuts.

Are these tires similar to the CRC's and have 2 seams? I wonder if I soak the mounted tires in Laquer thinner to remove them from the rim if the glue in the seams would be too weak.
Use the contact us page on http://www.twistertiresusa.com to speak with the owner.

The 8th scale rear tires do have 3 rings and front tires are a more durable rubber for wear. Twister gets the tires assembled from ATS in Italy, try them.

Assuming laquer works, that would leave you paying $13 for rears, and reusing front wheels ($12 for your first pair) and quite a bit of labor it would seem but if you get a month of racing out of them on dirt it may be worth the trouble.

How large of an order do you think you could put together? Twister has in the past made some custom configurations and ATS is somewhat reasonable at making odd tires (rear rubber on front wheels for example or green wheels, whatever) if they can do a large order and the prices would be similar to the standard tires since the process is mostly the same.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rally foams

ovalnator, we have quite a few dirt oval guys running our rally foam tires right now. Guys are really liking them. Our next order due a week from tomorrow will actually have foam mounted on dish wheels instead of spokes. Most oval guys are running 30-35 shores.
You can email me at [email protected]
Old 06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

email sent, thanks

Matt Olmsted
Old 07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Region 1 in Chaplin, CT

I want to thank Kevin and Twister Tire for the great support. This past weekend I was able to take my Kyosho RRR evo2 to a 2nd place A-main finish at the Region 1 race up at Caplin, CT. My car Handled beautiful all weekend had AWESOME traction and minimal tire wear.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Sent an email about 45 days ago and no reply?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Sent an email about 45 days ago and no reply?
I will ask Kevin about it next time I call, you might want to send another email to keep it fresh in his mind.

The rest of you can look at this!

Last edited by Brian Bosley; 07-16-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I presume those are the new "mid-weight" wheels??????
Old 07-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

These are the new wheels being developed for the Worlds and for the market. It is made with a different plastic that is supossed to be lighter than the regular rims, but not brittle like the light weight rims. They are also supposed to perform better. I will be testing this weekend and will let you guys know what I find.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
These are the new wheels being developed for the Worlds and for the market. It is made with a different plastic that is supossed to be lighter than the regular rims, but not brittle like the light weight rims. They are also supposed to perform better. I will be testing this weekend and will let you guys know what I find.

DJ Apolaro
Will they be available as touring as well as 1/8th in this style?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.