Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Rossi R12 Pixi >

Rossi R12 Pixi

Rossi R12 Pixi

Old 08-09-2002, 10:28 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Default Rossi R12 Pixi

Lots of interest in Rossi 12s here. I've been running one for a while now.
The engine is bloody fast!
The quoted horse power figures from any engine manufacturer are figures obtained under they're conditions, in labaratories.
On the race track things are a little different. Please don't believe the hype.
Can you stay on the track for 10 minutes? There is no point in buying the fastest engine until you can!
Anyway, I love my little PIXI. He's got very large knackers!
Old 08-09-2002, 11:20 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Anyone else got 1?
Old 08-10-2002, 05:56 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Yeah I've got one. I have one of the first one's to come to Aus. Haven't been all that impressed with it. It seems to lack a little low end horsepower.

I will run it at the Qld State Titles next weekend. Hopefully all goes well.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:14 PM
acs
Tech Adept

Have been getting better results from the Rossi Pixi 12.

Engine has good potential.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Regional Moderator

ROSSI 01201 Tuned Pipe and Header Set

rjl- I previously asked you about what tuned pipe to use with the Rossi Pixi-Black engine. You stated to use the ROSSI 01201 pipe and header set.

Here in the U.S. there is no distributor who carries the ROSSI 01201 pipe and header set. I believe you are not from the U.S. Where in your country did you purchase this pipe set? Do you know of any international online mail order shops that sell the ROSSI 01201 pipe and header set?

Many people have told me that this is the best pipe for the Pixi-Black engine. I really want to use this pipe with my Pixi-Black engine, but I like I said before I cannot find it anywhere for sale in the U.S.

Do you know of any other pipes that closely compare and match the ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe? If I can't get the ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe from anywhere ( I am willing to buy it from anywhere!) I at least would like to purchase a tuned pipe that closely resembles and matches it. How would the Novarossi 51604 inline High-Speed tuned pipe and header set compare to the ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe? Here is a picture of the Novarossi 51604 tuned pipe:

Is the shape of the ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe look like and match the shape of the Novarossi 51604 tuned pipe that is pictured above? Is the ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe an "inline tuned pipe" (like tuned pipe pictured above) or a tuned pipe that is secured to the header with a silicone coupler and zip-ties?

A recommendation of a mail order shop that sells the ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for considering to answer all of these questions. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by racer rich; 08-23-2002 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:17 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Short and fat works best for me, I don't like one piece pipes 'cause there is no adjustment and they cost too much.
The header that rossi supply with their pipe is shorter than most headers. I have also had good results from the Mugen pipe but again very costly. I don't know why but bargers always seem to line up my pipe.
It's a pity you can not get the ROSSI pipe. Have you tried Trinity?
I have one in stock but I think the freight from Oz to you would be prohibitive.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rjl
Short and fat works best for me, I don't like one piece pipes 'cause there is no adjustment and they cost too much.
The header that rossi supply with their pipe is shorter than most headers. I have also had good results from the Mugen pipe but again very costly. I don't know why but bargers always seem to line up my pipe.
It's a pity you can not get the ROSSI pipe. Have you tried Trinity?
I have one in stock but I think the freight from Oz to you would be prohibitive.
Thank you for reply rjl. Yes, I have tried Trinity. They said they have been doing testing with the Rossi pipes and like them very much, but they do not know when or even if they will be distributing them. Trinity has their own line of tuned pipes (not for Pixi-Black though) so I don't think they would want to start distributing a product that will eventually eliminate their own.

I order RC items from Hong Kong frequently and know what it is to pay expensive shipping costs. Hey, If you wanna play you gotta pay. How much do you think shipping would cost from Oz to the U.S.? I am very interested about purchasing this ROSSI 01201 tuned pipe!

Thanks,

Rich
Old 08-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Is that OZ as in Australia ?
Old 08-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

i'm interested in that pipe too so if you want to order and and split the shipping I'm down.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pixy shaft

I just got my Pixi and I just noticed while inspecting it out of the box, there is like 1~2mm play if you push/pull on the pilot shaft. Is this normal? Also, there is nowhere Rossi marking on the crankcase like other motors except on the carb. Again, is this normal? What plug do you guys use, A5? Thanks fellas.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

elnitro -

The crankshaft is a clearance fit on the inner ring of the bearings.

You can push the shaft back and forth between the backplate and inner bearing ( about 2mm ).

When you tighten the flywheel on though, it ususally pulls the shaft up against the inner bearing before the collet locks on and this takes out the endplay.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks muugen, do you like the Pixy??
Old 09-08-2002, 05:48 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Just heard a rumor that ROSSI R12 won a major race in Itali recently.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rjl
Just heard a rumor that ROSSI R12 won a major race in Itali recently.
If it's this one

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=6263

then it's Novarossi, followed by Picco and then the Sirio.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:20 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Seems even Italians get the two confused!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.