Community
Wiki Posts
Search

radio interference

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default radio interference

i have a 75mhz a/m a&e xp2 hand controlor and i know its cheap but came with my associates ntc3 car, i use it to drag race on my smooth street, im in a powerchaire and its easy to run my car by myself i have a hand held hook to retreve my car. i always use duracell AA. batt. in car and remote and keep them fresh.i do have a duratrax failsafe connected i have it set to idle and brakes on because my car ran away once already. lately i been geeting interference like wheels moving and throttle jumping when i start it up and while putting body on, and it kills more often with fuel in tank idles fine i did read about i should up grade to a fm mhz. well my question is can you put anything in the car like hpi or duratraxs or what about this i like price Futaba 3PM 3-Channel 75MHz FM Radio w/ R153F & 2-S3003 this seems affordable for me $129.99 . or this Spektrum DX2.0 DSM 2-Channel Radio System w/ Servos DX2 for $169.99 or this Futaba 3-CH 3PM Computer Radio 2.4GHz FASST System for $199.99. i dont see crystals in these like mind. any one of these will work as long as it is a complete set correct. any info ,,thanks.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you can get DSM get the DSM its diffenetly woth it and you dont have to get a complete set you can mix and match servos nowadays
Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntc3bionicracer
i have a 75mhz a/m a&e xp2 hand controlor and i know its cheap but came with my associates ntc3 car, i use it to drag race on my smooth street, im in a powerchaire and its easy to run my car by myself i have a hand held hook to retreve my car. i always use duracell AA. batt. in car and remote and keep them fresh.i do have a duratrax failsafe connected i have it set to idle and brakes on because my car ran away once already. lately i been geeting interference like wheels moving and throttle jumping when i start it up and while putting body on, and it kills more often with fuel in tank idles fine i did read about i should up grade to a fm mhz. well my question is can you put anything in the car like hpi or duratraxs or what about this i like price Futaba 3PM 3-Channel 75MHz FM Radio w/ R153F & 2-S3003 this seems affordable for me $129.99 . or this Spektrum DX2.0 DSM 2-Channel Radio System w/ Servos DX2 for $169.99 or this Futaba 3-CH 3PM Computer Radio 2.4GHz FASST System for $199.99. i dont see crystals in these like mind. any one of these will work as long as it is a complete set correct. any info ,,thanks.
If this happens once the car is started It may be from vibration. unplug and re-seat all your plugs going to your receiver including the battery plug.

Pass you soon...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

The plastic spring loaded battery holder in your car is possibly the problem. There are crimped connections in the holder that dont always make good contact. Especially when vibrated by the engine. The radio you have is not great but I would not blame it for your problem. A flat 5 or hump pack will fit in the NTC3. Ditch those AA's!!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default radio frequency

thanks all you r/c guys for your info. will try your sugguestions
Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Futaba has a 2.4ghz radio thats only $200 TX/RX. You allready have servos.

My M8 fm radio likes to glitch when I adjust mixture or put the body on. No big deal usually, works fine on the track.

Once it was really bad and thats because the antennae was pulled of the board. I soldered it back on and its been good ever since.