R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   2 mrx-3 ?'s (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/274613-2-mrx-3-s.html)

vladconnery 02-10-2009 03:31 PM

2 mrx-3 ?'s

As some of you know I am getting my first onroad car up and running. It is a mrx-3.

1. I was hoping some of you could post pics of your mrx-3 or 4 (body off). I want to get a look at the little things you do to your cars. like how you pin up your servo and battery wires. how you have mounted your receivers. And a general idea of what a well put together car looks like. Any little tricks and advice are greatly appreciated.

2. I have OS VZR II engine that came with the car. It's runnable I can turn the flywheel over with some descent resistance. However I would like to get an extra P/S. Any of you know if I can use say like the vzb sleeve in it or is this p/s specific to this engine? I want to spend the least amount of money on this engine as possible for my learning curve.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. not new to nitro just to onroad.

wingracer 02-10-2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 5414565)
As some of you know I am getting my first onroad car up and running. It is a mrx-3.

1. I was hoping some of you could post pics of your mrx-3 or 4 (body off). I want to get a look at the little things you do to your cars. like how you pin up your servo and battery wires. how you have mounted your receivers. And a general idea of what a well put together car looks like. Any little tricks and advice are greatly appreciated.

2. I have OS VZR II engine that came with the car. It's runnable I can turn the flywheel over with some descent resistance. However I would like to get an extra P/S. Any of you know if I can use say like the vzb sleeve in it or is this p/s specific to this engine? I want to spend the least amount of money on this engine as possible for my learning curve.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. not new to nitro just to onroad.

If the motor runs good, don't worry about the P/S but definitely put a rod in it. Most good onroad motors last a long time as far as P/S goes but rods take a pounding. If it does need a P/S, get a rod too. Not sure about the VZB sleeve.

vladconnery 02-10-2009 06:06 PM

Thanks Wing ironically it came with an extra rod. Really getting my $60 out of this investmet "Ya Think". Any tips you have for me it's ready for the road. Would really like to look at some pictures of a well put together car. Do you guys replace those phillips head screws? How do you attatch your receiver?

wingracer 02-10-2009 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 5415280)
Thanks Wing ironically it came with an extra rod. Really getting my $60 out of this investmet "Ya Think". Any tips you have for me it's ready for the road. Would really like to look at some pictures of a well put together car. Do you guys replace those phillips head screws? How do you attatch your receiver?

I just servo tape the receiver to the mount and then run some electrical tape around it for security. some people like to use a piece of inner tube as a big rubber band to hold it on.

I always just used the phillips screws but there are plenty of good allan screws around if you want to.

The only pic I have is my Avatar. :D

got2bqik 02-10-2009 07:50 PM

VZR p/s is specfic, from what I've found so far. The hot thing is to run the v-spec rod and crank with a medium header and EFRA9886 pipe. Funny you and I are in the same situation , just starting 1/8 onroad, got mrx3 with os vzr II motors. Twister usa has a really good deal on tires at the moment 12.50 a pair front or rears.
Tim

vladconnery 02-11-2009 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by got2bqik (Post 5415843)
VZR p/s is specfic, from what I've found so far. The hot thing is to run the v-spec rod and crank with a medium header and EFRA9886 pipe. Funny you and I are in the same situation , just starting 1/8 onroad, got mrx3 with os vzr II motors. Twister usa has a really good deal on tires at the moment 12.50 a pair front or rears.
Tim

Thanks Quick, I needed some tires as well. I guess I should have asked what are the different online stores you guys use. I always went through carolinasrc and Amain to get all my offroad sruff. However neither of these stores carry much onroad stuff.

p.s. Quick you from VA

wingracer 02-11-2009 03:05 PM

I use GRP tires from www.ashfordhobby.com

They are a bit more pricey but I like the quality. If you want something a bit cheaper try Xceeds from ashford or Jaco's from www.brooklynhobbies.com

got2bqik 02-11-2009 05:36 PM

Yes, East Richmond. Ashford hobbies, A main, Nitrohouse all have good selection for the mrx3 and alot of the 4 parts cross over.
Tim

VA_Racer 02-11-2009 06:02 PM

Lee over at Winners Circle has the best prices on Mrx3 parts.
www.gasrccar.com

vladconnery 02-12-2009 03:13 AM

Just keeping you guys updated I'm just waiting on my pipe and header now. Oh I have to put it on a set up board before her first run. I noticed the rear wheels are coned outward biggest part towards the chassis. Looks like it has positive camber in the rear from the tire wear. Just want to put it on a board and get a basic set up going. Realy looking forward to my first run. I am sure it will be next weekend. Good thing I got plenty of toys to keep me busy. Not to mention spring is basically here in the carolinas. Temps been in the upper 60's & 70's. Which only means YARD WORK :cry:.