Wiki Posts
Search

Xceed Foam Tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default xceed foam tyres

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I tested the Light weight 1/10 tire last weekend at Ft Myers. I had my best qualifier on them and the car felt more stable all around. I believe it was Jaco foam
What combination did you run mate and was it on Asphat?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was on 38f 40r. the Fort is paved
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Foolz where did u get the lite weight rims from and they might be italian rubber I think.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Regular

so who makes the italian foam, ats? and the jp are jaco made??
Old 05-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
so who makes the italian foam, ats? and the jp are jaco made??
I think the Italian Foam are Ennetti's
Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ita= enneti
US= Jaco
JP= Don't know, but they work great on a 720.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Ita= enneti
US= Jaco
JP= Don't know, but they work great on a 720.
JP = Japan, same company that makes the Kyosho Red Box and Kawahara tires
Old 05-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

ok thank you
Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jack Rimer of Jaco Tires

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
EVERYONE uses the Japanese rubber. We all buy from the same place so beware of anyone claiming one brand is far superior to any other. Most differences are in the wheel, durometer reading, age of the rubber, or batch.
I have heard this over and over and it is completely false. No one uses American or European rubber for gas anymore. We have been using Japanese rubber for 17 years for nitro. I have no clue where this information comes from, but it is based on speculation, not fact.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Jack Rimer of Jaco Tires
I heard differentlly, that actually some of these guys have there own FACTORY"S that make there own foam, and for one reason or another i totally notice a difference with certain brands, just my .02

jacos are the cheapest< price that is>and have always been, foam does not come from the same factory. this is how it goes. kawahara has their own factory and they make kyosho/red box tires. ats has their own factory and they make twister tires. jaco makes bsr tires. grp has their own factory and they make devil tires and msr tires. GQ, matrix and enneti have their own factory. anyone can buy from these companys and stamp their name on it but they certainly do not come from the same place

i will NOT repeat where i heard this, just would like others to be informed is all.....dont even ASk who told me, im italian, you have a better chance of seeing ELVIS!!!

Last edited by TommyBlazin; 05-27-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I disagree...

Just because they "make/mount" the tires at their factory does not mean that the rubber sheets dont all come from basically same place. Rim difference is likely the handling difference.

Jack does alot of rubber stuff outside the rc side (rc is not his primary buisness) he has a very good understanding.

Get what is sold locally and what most other people use at a given track.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

i hear you, without getting into a unarmed battle, ive <just like you said> noticed differences having to do more so with the rims, a couple companys mentioned, just tap a wall SLIGHTLLY and that front wheel will wobble like no-ones buisness...like anything else, test and tune!!and naturally the supply and demand thing
Old 06-19-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Xceed

Hey guys I run soft rear and medium front on a very low grip track on my 12th...
Its awesome and they grip like glue on the track. I am impressed
Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
I heard differentlly, that actually some of these guys have there own FACTORY"S that make there own foam, and for one reason or another i totally notice a difference with certain brands, just my .02

jacos are the cheapest< price that is>and have always been, foam does not come from the same factory. this is how it goes. kawahara has their own factory and they make kyosho/red box tires. ats has their own factory and they make twister tires. jaco makes bsr tires. grp has their own factory and they make devil tires and msr tires. GQ, matrix and enneti have their own factory. anyone can buy from these companys and stamp their name on it but they certainly do not come from the same place

i will NOT repeat where i heard this, just would like others to be informed is all.....dont even ASk who told me, im italian, you have a better chance of seeing ELVIS!!!

It sounds like your source IS Elvis because someone doesn't know what they are talking about.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
It sounds like your source IS Elvis because someone doesn't know what they are talking about.
i just quoted someone there, but it was a pm and that means private..i run jaco's myself, theve been the only tire i run in 1/8 so far...he is a respected guy in our community is all, i asked a q' thats what i got..but on a different note, that info is 100% incorrect? wonder why that would be made up? Seemed to me to be sourcefull, but hey, if its wrong it's wrong!

tommy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.