Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Bxclip
will my serent 710 fit right onto the ofna box?

Sorry I recant that last statment I looked at that bao again and that will not work on the 71o it is an off road box .
Old 08-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

dam noone got one for sale?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I agree with you on this because I think there should not be any slop in the steering. all the previous cars never had any slop (Streetspec, Imp Pro, 705) so it can be done.
Yes, agreed old and wise one. But I think Serpent came out with the new ball joints somewhere in the middle of 705 period. I believe they are of the same design as the current ones. On the 710, the slight slop is "amplified" because there are more steering linkages. A small slop in one ball joint gives a lot of slop in the whole system unlike the 705 / Streetspec / Impulse PRO where the steering linkage is directly driven from the servo.

Anyway, I forgot to mention (must be the age) that in the beginning of the year when I asked MS why is this a problem, he said that they would correct it in the next revision of the ball joints. Your guess is as good as mine when they would be revised.

Till then, the hairdryer trick is worth something.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by packetdreamer
on another note, the front shaft lock comes with 2 O-rings. are both necessary to install it properly?
I believe I used only one since the original oneway already has one installed.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Wierd?

Originally posted by crashed_1
I'm on my third outdrive after 4 months...
Well, the amount of fuel and tires you put through the car, it's not surprising.

Then again your outdrives would "last" you longer in a few months time during the "sabatical leave". During that period, just donate that nice JP FX engine to me.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, agreed old and wise one.
Now ... where have YOU been hiding?
Coming from you, that would be a compliment!

But I think Serpent came out with the new ball joints somewhere in the middle of 705 period. I believe they are of the same design as the current ones. On the 710, the slight slop is "amplified" because there are more steering linkages. A small slop in one ball joint gives a lot of slop in the whole system unlike the 705 / Streetspec / Impulse PRO where the steering linkage is directly driven from the servo.
Yeap, definitely true re: steering linkages amplifying slop. I went out and bought 5.8mm GS ball joints and using some grease, assembled back the original pop-on links and there's barely any slop. In the 2nd car with the newish links, there's no slop at all.

Having done all this, I know that if you constantly have a "meeting" with walls and what nots, no ball/linkage combo is going to prevent slop!

Anyway, I forgot to mention (must be the age) ...
Happens to the best of us!

.... that in the beginning of the year when I asked MS why is this a problem, he said that they would correct it in the next revision of the ball joints. Your guess is as good as mine when they would be revised.

Till then, the hairdryer trick is worth something.
Yes, worth a try but the GS ball joints were all 5.79mm and fit perfectly, not to mention the pack came with 8 balls AND 8 snugly fitting purple or orange *ahem* snap on linkages (not sure if they're top quality but hey ...).
Old 08-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I believe I used only one since the original oneway already has one installed.
I used both ... keeps the sleeve solidly in its spot all the time.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Bxclip
im tyrint o save money hosws the tema magic alpha starter box its 75. i mtie buy a team associated used from user name nrtc3 anyone of u no him?
that team magic alpha box is FAN-TABULOUS!!!! functional, good looking, and quite possiblly the most compact. (i don't want you to get one because then i won't be the only kid on the block with one )

i love mine!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

I used both ... keeps the sleeve solidly in its spot all the time.
where do you put the second o-ring? i only see a grove for one. have you (or anyone else) had a problem with the sleeve moving around?
Old 08-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

where do you put the second o-ring? i only see a grove for one. have you (or anyone else) had a problem with the sleeve moving around?
My mistake ... the o-ring that you see next to the pulley comes with the one-way.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

My mistake ... the o-ring that you see next to the pulley comes with the one-way.
and just when i was starting to think you were a tried and true rc genius

i guess they send you another one just in case you dont own a one-way. but i suppose if you didn't own the one-way...
Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

and just when i was starting to think you were a tried and true rc genius
Well, its got to do with the age thing. Besides Mark stole the RING!

i guess they send you another one just in case you dont own a one-way. but i suppose if you didn't own the one-way...
I think you get 2 because if you keep sliding them on and off they'll either wear out or break even. I'm running touring with one-way on one car and Lola with one-way on the other ... never need to lock them ... too slow.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Well, its got to do with the age thing. Besides Mark stole the RING!
You put a sleeping curse on it, didn't you
Old 08-31-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Checkout this race circuit in Italy . It's in my Dad's hometown in Messina , Sicily.
I believe this is where it was announced by IFMAR , that they will be holding the 2005 1/8 Scale IC on-road World Championship .
Might be a good excuse to visit my relos over there !!

www.automodelclub.org/
Old 08-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

the track is awesome!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.