Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: X-ray cvd's

Originally posted by Zizu
Our local 710 drivers have been using xray cvds to combat our problem.Yes you can use it but it requires using many xray parts.
Can you give us a rough list of which XRAY parts are required to do this mod?...
Old 08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Suspended

Default Re: New rims

Originally posted by border r/c
he guys the new rims are in stock but with foam complete we have to wait a little Serpent has only the new 1/8 in stock on the moment as soon there ready i will post it
SERPENT USA has only the 1/10 scale 200mm new rims with foams on as of last week,my tires should be here this week.....
Old 08-24-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

i have removed about 97% of the slop in my steering by placing thin slices of fuel tubing over the balls before snapping the links over them. though the slop is virtually gone, there is a bit more friction in the system (didn't lube anything yet), but nothing that will stress the steering servo.

anyway, i just wanted to know if anyone has tried this (or something like it) and if it has operated well or bad for them.

out!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

on another note, the front shaft lock comes with 2 O-rings. are both necessary to install it properly?

Old 08-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by packetdreamer
i have removed about 97% of the slop in my steering by placing thin slices of fuel tubing over the balls before snapping the links over them. though the slop is virtually gone, there is a bit more friction in the system (didn't lube anything yet), but nothing that will stress the steering servo.

anyway, i just wanted to know if anyone has tried this (or something like it) and if it has operated well or bad for them.

out!
I haven't tried that method yet but on the next rebuild or servicing, I'll be using the steel balls. See here.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

will the ofna universal starter box work with the 710?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bxclip
will the ofna universal starter box work with the 710?
It should work. First check the width of the rubber wheel on the box to ensure that fits nicely into the slot in the chassis. Second, if you want to use the locating brackets provided in the 710 kit for the starter box, check that it easy to do small mod to install them.

Otherwise just use the locating lugs provided with the starter box.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by packetdreamer
out!
XR-303220 from xray has similar design with serpent but about 15% slimmer which is perfect for clearing the steering linkage (with servo horn usually). I found them a bit tighter and material is also harder and all holes to threat the turnbuckle are all straight!!

For slop free, the best ball cup to beat are kyosho 5.8mm and its matching hard ball.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wierd?

Hello people

i have this problem that i have on power and oversteer only going right as soon as i hit the throttle it spins but i can hit the power going left and it has oversteer! i have checked the cars suspention and it is all level. Iam using the standard setup with red springs

Could this be the diff? (it is running as loose as possible)

Thanks for your help
Old 08-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Wierd?

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Could this be the diff? (it is running as loose as possible)
It could be the diffs are slipping... But also check to see if the rear diff outdrives are not worned out by the dogbone pins.

Old 08-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
XR-303220 from xray has similar design with serpent but about 15% slimmer which is perfect for clearing the steering linkage (with servo horn usually). I found them a bit tighter and material is also harder and all holes to threat the turnbuckle are all straight!!

For slop free, the best ball cup to beat are kyosho 5.8mm and its matching hard ball.
Cool. Do you happen to know what XRay part number these ball joints are?

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3054

They are the single sided closed type. I saw Suruth's car used those on the steering linkage.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Cool. Do you happen to know what XRay part number these ball joints are?

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3054

They are the single sided closed type. I saw Suruth's car used those on the steering linkage.
I 'm using these for both 710 and 950r

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3055
http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3056

I'm using for steerign rod ...perfect fitting ....and never drop out.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Wierd?

The diff is pretty new so no wear, but i might rebuild the diff and try again i was just finding out if this could cause the problem. thanks for the info
Old 08-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MrChan
I 'm using these for both 710 and 950r

http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3055
http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3056

I'm using for steerign rod ...perfect fitting ....and never drop out.
Interesting!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Wierd?

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
The diff is pretty new so no wear, but i might rebuild the diff and try again i was just finding out if this could cause the problem. thanks for the info
Rebuild the diff as per the instructions in chapter 4.4 of the FAQ - you'll get a perfect diff.
Other checks to make are to make sure the front belt pully isn't spinning, i.e. that the front wheels are being driven under power. A "friend" of mine had this problem once

Cheers, Mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.