Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: EC Amstetten

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I'm not sure, I think he moved!
I move to Germany for 5 days at the end of August. Tour with my precious Triumph daytona through the Mosel will be fun

And after that I've got a clubrace Hope I can make it to the A main for at least once this year.

Will look if I got some pics to update my album Uncle Sow but first things first, now I need some coffee

Cheers
Old 08-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EC Amstetten

Originally posted by Herbie
I move to Germany for 5 days at the end of August. Tour with my precious Triumph daytona through the Mosel will be fun

And after that I've got a clubrace Hope I can make it to the A main for at least once this year.

Will look if I got some pics to update my album Uncle Sow but first things first, now I need some coffee

Cheers
Cool!

Oh, me too ... just woke up, need caffeine NOW!

By the way .. keep at it and you'll make it to A-Main ...
Old 08-15-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Finken
Hi

I have a problem, my 710 begins to shift to 2. gear wayy to fast, after 4-5 mins of driving. It is ok the first 3 mins, but then it starts to shift to secont gear, imidiatly after giving throttle out of a slow turn. It happens mostly after the straght, going into a sharp 180 d turn, when giving throttle, it shifts back to 2.
When i go for next race, after 10-15 mins, its ok again, but problem starts after 3-4 mins , gain.....

Anyone having the same prob?? or have had it?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Finken, I'm not too sure what the answer is to your problem. The one that comes to mind is that your engine is still not optimally tuned. Some engines like the JP can still run very well when not tuned to well but as soon as it gets warm enough, it really spits out power which can give the results you're describing.

Are you using rubber tires? If so, you could be over heating them by the 4-5 min mark.

When i go for next race, after 10-15 mins, its ok again, but problem starts after 3-4 mins , gain.....

Anyone having the same prob?? or have had it??
Not sure what you mean by this.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: EC Amstetten

Nope I didn't move guys.
Ah OK. Last time somebody moved house they disappeared off the thread for a week (sic D)!

It's been busy with work andso. Had the chance to race only once the past 2 months I think. So I'm in rehab now

Sow I send Ziggy a pm about Heemstede.
OK thanks ... he'll appreciate it. And me too actually. When I to;d him that you may be of help, I wasn't sure if you'll ever come online and answer.

[d]Think I can't make the European tour with you and Mark in oktober Sow sorry [/B]
Aww man. That's a shame. Never mind, we'll plan another one another time as well.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

We've just opened a new Grand Cafe so we have lots on our hands to make sure it stays opened And some teammembers planned their vacation in Oktober so I cannot be missed ( good feeling )

Maybe the Winternats but I'm planning to switch to mugen with my 1/8th scale for next year and running the nomaccup here. It's the same as the Nationalchampionship but only for the lesser gifted drivers

Will keep the 710 for fun though
Old 08-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

We've just opened a new Grand Cafe so we have lots on our hands to make sure it stays opened And some teammembers planned their vacation in Oktober so I cannot be missed ( good feeling )
Right. Well, we have to visit your cafe some time in the future then won't we?

Maybe the Winternats but I'm planning to switch to mugen with my 1/8th scale for next year and running the nomaccup here. It's the same as the Nationalchampionship but only for the lesser gifted drivers
"Lesser gifted" ? I think you're holding yourself back Herbie!

Will keep the 710 for fun though
Glad to hear that! The 710 is definitely a car you can have fun with.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2004 European Champions!!!

Guess who?

Go to 3hobby.com and see!

MS/Serpent 710/Mega Va Va Voom!
Old 08-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

today me and my bnoy bought the serpent 710 building it now what engien shoudl i get? also is the mx-3 syntasized radio good enought i dotn really want to buy a sick radio. also i heahrd big diff between turbo engien and reg that turboos r pain int he ass is that true and what is the price of the engien u r suggesting?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

is novarossi mr-12 engie a good one would it fit?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Prophet

This is why, I think, the Mooogen appears very efficient in the transferring the power from the engine ... no back/forward lash from the pin everytime you apply power. Well, maybe ...
Perhaps... But remember gear ratio as well. They may seem to be better on smaller tracks because of the high gear ratio.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Another Serpent Asia race coming up?
Don't know but you'll never know.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Finken
I have a problem, my 710 begins to shift to 2. gear wayy to fast, after 4-5 mins of driving. It is ok the first 3 mins, but then it starts to shift to secont gear, imidiatly after giving throttle out of a slow turn. It happens mostly after the straght, going into a sharp 180 d turn, when giving throttle, it shifts back to 2.

It may be engine tuning problem or may not... Anyway, reset the 2 speed gearbox shoe gap with the aluminum hub carrier as per page 29, step 9.2 of the manual. Perhaps the aluminum hub carrier has already worned out and made the gap too big which is giving you the 2 speed shifting problems.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EC Amstetten

Ah OK. Last time somebody moved house they disappeared off the thread for a week (sic D)!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Bxclip
is novarossi mr-12 engie a good one would it fit?
That should be a good engine.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

now whats the retail onthat will it be as fast as ns3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.