Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's a good feeling....

Originally posted by markp27
You don't mean he's got the ring, do you?
You tell me...
Old 07-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes.

Perhaps to make yourself feel good despite the lack of track time, you could just take a sandstone and grind the bottom of the chassis to make it lighter and more importantly make it look like it is more "used". Just like a used Levi 501 denim jeans.
Good idea, D! That bit with the Levis, though - does this mean I also have to soak my 710 in the bath for an hour?

When you go over to Onkel Sow's track, you could feel good and show off to him proof of your many hours of running the 710.
That'll put the frighteners on him Good tip!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Only some of us are slow. Age related.

Cool. This is with personal transponder? So what do you do to add weight to make it legal?

Also, in the LRP Masters open, Michael and Julius used a bar like thing stuck onto the rear shock tower to avoid the body shell from being compressed during pitstop. Do you have a clearer pic of that? What parts are needed for that? Does it really work? Thanks.
Hello Sir,
Weight: with tranponder my car is 1725 gram, that is 10 gram above the limit here in Europe so that is pretty ok.

Body protection: Actually my mehanic is the founder of this as we started to use it allready in April this year, and now Michael and others are using it as well. Is stabilizes the body during refueling as we lift the car just using the strap and then the body bends a lot. You can use two S-710 front bodyposts, cut them about to 40mm length (depending on body and position) and then just mount it in any of the holes in the rear shocktower that are free. Very simple.....

/Peo
Old 07-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PER-OLA HARD
Weight: with tranponder my car is 1725 gram, that is 10 gram above the limit here in Europe so that is pretty ok.
Strange. I thought the weight limit without fuel, with bodyshell and personal transponder is already 1725 grams. How can your 710 be 10 grams over the limit?

Body protection: Actually my mehanic is the founder of this as we started to use it allready in April this year, and now Michael and others are using it as well. Is stabilizes the body during refueling as we lift the car just using the strap and then the body bends a lot. You can use two S-710 front bodyposts, cut them about to 40mm length (depending on body and position) and then just mount it in any of the holes in the rear shocktower that are free. Very simple.....
Cool. Thanks for the tip ! I thought they looked like some kind of stud nuts.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Which part is this are you referring? The 9607 brake pads or the 9606 vented brake disc?

When using oneway front, I read that the best combo is the 9607 brake pads and the 9606 vented brake disc because it does not grab too hard. What about when just using solid front axle or front ball diff? Stock brake pads with 9606 vented brake disc?

Thanks for this great tip ! I think one of us here (Proficar403) mentioned that he was already changing them out with longer pins.

Anyway, just curious. Are the pins on the 705 rear dogbone (dogbone black in colour) the same quality as the pins in the Impact rear dogbone (dogbone Hudy brown in colour)?

Correct, I use the 9606 plate and 9607 pads! I allways use that same combo, I like it! Is takes to long to change pads during a race and it would be way to risky... Try to ajust the braking action on the brakelinkage or using your nice transmitter instead!

Pins: Yes I think both the short and longer pins as well as the brown and black dogbones all uses the same pin quality.

Hudy parts (guestion from Kevin): I am a bit short on Hudy made steel parts, but they are definetly the best if you can get any. I know Serpent is testing different materials and hard coatings a lot, but I dont know anything more. I am sure they will tell us then time is ready!

/Peo
Old 07-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Strange. I thought the weight limit without fuel, with bodyshell and personal transponder is already 1725 grams. How can your 710 be 10 grams over the limit?

Cool. Thanks for the tip ! I thought they looked like some kind of stud nuts.

Weight: Rule says 1715g with personal transponder or 1725g using the old AMB-20 transponder I believe.... no fuel.

/Per-Ola
Old 07-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Weight: Rule says 1715g with personal transponder or 1725g using the old AMB-20 transponder I believe.... no fuel.

/Per-Ola

At least the European EFRA rules, I am not sure on ROAR, FAMAR, IFMAR and other....

/Per-Ola
Old 07-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Does EFRA say this? Looking at the IFMAR rules, they say the following;

5.9 Minimum weight without fuel: 1725.00 grams (including transponder).

They did not say if it's personal or the old AMB-20 transponder though.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Prophet

At least the European EFRA rules, I am not sure on ROAR, FAMAR, IFMAR and other....
Ok... Looks like EFRA specifies lighter then. Surprise that they do not follow IFMAR. ROAR rules should be the same as IFMAR if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, are you preparing for Brazil?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok... Looks like EFRA specifies lighter then. Surprise that they do not follow IFMAR. ROAR rules should be the same as IFMAR if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, are you preparing for Brazil?
Rules: true!

Brazil: Yes, I am going, will be awesome!

/Per-Ola
Old 07-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Rules: true!
Ah ! No wonder a lot of people elsewhere are having underweight problems with the 710 !

Brazil: Yes, I am going, will be awesome!
Good luck to you and the team ! Since Brazil will be IFMAR, therefore the 1725 grams limit should be the one to follow instead.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tweak Problem

I just ran my 710 last thurs. and I notice everytime I make a right turn my back in comes around, so I know something is
tweak but I can't quite figure it out, I even rebuilt the shocks
checked to make sure my shocks were the same length I even recheck my droop I also check sway bar and chassis, and everything seems to check out ok is there anything I'm missing
Please if anyone had this prob. please help.....
Also I'm sorta of rookie with all this setup this stuff..
Old 07-20-2004, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Tweak Problem

Originally posted by Key500
I just ran my 710 last thurs. and I notice everytime I make a right turn my back in comes around, so I know something is
checked to make sure my shocks were the same length I even recheck my droop I also check sway bar and chassis, and everything seems to check out ok is there anything I'm missing
Pls check the following, front steering turnbuckle (from servo saver to front knuckle) for both L and R, they have to be the same. Next, press fully the car to the ground, and see it the shaft/dogbone are binding.

Those are just my toughs.. I`m sure others will shortly give you different area to check.. especially Miester D and Mark
Old 07-20-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ah ! No wonder a lot of people elsewhere are having underweight problems with the 710 !

You know.. my last 5 gram addition is coming from engine mounting bolt on the back of body, counter with wheel nut.
Unforgetten experience..
Old 07-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Tweak Problem

Originally posted by Key500
What setup are you using? Stock? If not, can you list them out?

Check if the front and rear suspension is NOT binding. Without shocks and sway bars, the arms should fall rather freely by its own weight. When the sway bars are attached, make sure that the arms can move freely.

If not, I suspect that the weight transfer to the front happens too suddently because of too much rear droop or the front shocks are too soft. Just a hunch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.